2008 Texas Bluebonnet Casita Rally - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #1

Name: Brad
Trailer: 2014 Casita Spirit Deluxe
New Mexico
The registration page for the 2008 Texas Bluebonnet Casita Rally is now operational. You may Register Here
As suggested by the majority of the attendees at previous rallies, we are going to assess a minimal registration fee of $15 per rig to cover the cost of decorations, coffee, morning snacks, etc. There will be no fund raisers unless it's for a charitable organization.

We're still working on the agenda and will publish it as soon as possible. I hope to have several "How To" seminars which will benefit new owners as well as some of us that have had our rigs for some time.

Join us in Bandera next April. The event will kick off Wednesday the 2nd and we will end Sunday the 6th.

Brad and Beverly Cottingham
Event Web Site

Old 12-03-2007, 08:24 AM   #2

Name: Phil
Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Odem,Texas
Send a message via AIM to Phil Underwood
registered .. see you there

Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 PM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
We are looking forward to seeing everyone. Fourth year in a row for us at Bluebonnet!

Tom & Martha Jo Trostel
Old 12-04-2007, 01:02 AM   #4

New Mexico
47 rigs registered today. I'll start a "Who's Coming" list tomorrow.

Brad
Old 12-04-2007, 06:48 AM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot
We're registered too. Even though the Scamp owners were the minority we were welcomed. Had such a great time we look forward to seeing everyone again.

Nita
Old 12-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #6

New Mexico
Registration was opened one week ago tonight. We've had 79 registrations as of this moment compared to 10 for the 2006 rally and 27 for the 2007 rally in the first week. Those of you who register early are wise to do so, I'm sure we will have to limit the number in the park. Those that register late may find themselves dry camping or in nearby overflow parks.

As I recall, we had 67 attend the 2006 Rally in Perrin, Texas, and 129 this year in Bandera (169 registered, 31 canceled, 9 no shows). Of these, several stayed off site (6), so I believe we ended up with 123 trailers in the park.

Just in case you haven't noticed, I've been maintaining an updated "who's coming" list on each of the three Casita/Fiberglass forums. Each list is updated once a day just before I turn off the computer at the end of the evening. (This has proved much easier than updating a stand alone "Who's Coming" web page as I did last year.) For security's sake, I'm listing registration number, first names, home town, and screen name. Example, "1 Brad & Beverly Santa Fe NM BradBev".

So, you can scan the list and see if your friends have registered. If they haven't, tell them to not wait until the last moment. We won't turn anyone away, but they may not be able to stay on site if they wait too long.

We look forward to a fun event. See you next April.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:19 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to ddayton
Hi Brad

Have you considered inviting Casita or Scamp? Maybe offering them a opportunity to conduct a session (not blatantly sales oriented)? If each knew the other was invited perhaps one would show up.

Would be a great chance for us to get information direct from the factory and for them, a not too shabby chance to have social contact with owners of older units who might be thinking of upgrading to something new. Could develop into a greater relationship between us and them. There will be over 100 owners of their product(s) and, overall, we are happy and enthusiastic about it.

Perhaps a dumb question but ... when you share a site at the rally do you also share the daily cost of the site or still pay the full rate?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
You still pay the same rate.
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:42 PM   #9

New Mexico
Charles is correct, the price is the same for all spaces. The owners of the park has invested a fair amount of money to accommodate as many as possible in the park, and is giving us the use of the huge rally hall.

We've extended invitations in the past to the manufacturers without any success, however the makers of the new Oliver has expressed an interest in attending.

Brad
Old 01-18-2008, 11:31 PM   #10

New Mexico
Beverly and I have a chance to bail out of the cold (6 degrees as I write this) and head south with friends who have a time share.

I'll be offline for about a week. Any registrations and/or registration fees received will be acknowledged upon our return to Santa Fe around the 28th.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in April.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #11

Trailer: 1989 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
The registration page for the 2008 Texas Bluebonnet Casita Rally is now operational. You may Register Here
As suggested by the majority of the attendees at previous rallies, we are going to assess a minimal registration fee of $15 per rig to cover the cost of decorations, coffee, morning snacks, etc. There will be no fund raisers unless it's for a charitable organization.

We're still working on the agenda and will publish it as soon as possible. I hope to have several "How To" seminars which will benefit new owners as well as some of us that have had our rigs for some time.

Join us in Bandera next April. The event will kick off Wednesday the 2nd and we will end Sunday the 6th.

Event Web Site
BradBev - As you can probably guess, I am new to this site. Trying to find a egg rally within 500 miles of TX before March, as we need a trailer to travel to CA in April. The BlueBonnet rally will be too late. I can't find it on the events calendar. Can you help?
Old 01-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #12

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Beverly and I have a chance to bail out of the cold (6 degrees as I write this) and head south with friends who have a time share.

I'll be offline for about a week. Any registrations and/or registration fees received will be acknowledged upon our return to Santa Fe around the 28th.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in April.

From an earlier post

Event Web Site
Alan #1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #13

New Mexico
We've reached the maximum number we can currently clear to stay in the Skyline RV park. Those that register after this time will be placed on a wait list and will be cleared as cancellations occur or the park assures us they can accommodate more than the 140 rigs we currently have signed up so stay on site.

However, do not let this affect your decision to come to Bandera. There are several near by parks that will act as overflow if we can't get you into Skyline.

Current status 151 registered, 9 canceled, 2 planning to stay off site, Total 140.

Thanks,

Brad
Old 02-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #14

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Will there be any of the new Oliver trailers there?
Dusty

Tags
casita