2009 Washington State Get Together (2nd Annual) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #15

Name: Sharen Heath
Trailer: Our current Cramper is a 2005 PLEASURE-WAY
Washington
P.S. I also looked at the Tacoma Mossy Park site - looks nice - and their availability for mid-June looks good too. Looks like 1/2 their loop sites accomodate hookups.

http://www.ci.tacoma.wa.us/power/par...napam_park.htm

So, let's strive for consensus, or GReg, just pick a place and tell us to be there!
xo
Sharen

Old 11-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #16

Name: Anne
Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Oregon
Registry
A group site is kind of an appealing idea too - although I think the usual turn-out would probably exceed the capacity of most group sites.

Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #17

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Everyone has thier places that all look good,. I guess its gonna be drawing a straw to see where everyone would like to meet. ???
I would only be free May 25th-June 6th or somewhere inbetween....
Maybe more Washingtonians will chime in also....to suggest a place too
Old 11-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #18

Washington
OK CRampers, been doing some research... any preferences??? All seem to have 9 month reservation restrictions, but that should work NOW. - Sharen

LAKE WENATCHEE, in the mountains near Leavenworth, the Oom pah pah village (super)
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selec...ake%20Wenatchee
North loop, 101-197, looks like hook-ups, electric + water
JUNE 4,5,6 (Thurs/Fri/Sat nights)
AVAILABILITY: EXCELLENT RIGHT NOW
NOTE: I can't seem to access sites for their pictures.

DECEPTION PASS, north end of Whidbey Island, northern part of WA state (wonderful)
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selec...eception%20Pass
Forest Loop, 1-78, most with hook-ups, electric & water
JUNE 4, 5, 6 (Thurs/Fri/Sat nights)
AVAILABILITY: looks good right now
NOTE: 9 month maximum reservation restriction - having trouble making a reservation right now

CAPE DISAPPOINTMENT (don't let the name fool ya), south-western WA shore (beautiful Lewis n Clarke site)
http://www.camis.com/WA/camping/maps.asp?loc=184
A-sites, 1-60 - all with hookups for power & water
AVAILABILITY: UNABLE TO ACCESS, WHA'???

SEAQUEST, EXIT 49 off the I-5, southerly (never been here)
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp...dpark=Seaquest
A-SITES, 1-54, most with hook-ups, power & water
AVAILABILITY: LOOKS EXCELLENT RIGHT NOW

Old 11-14-2008, 10:47 PM   #19

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
My vote would be Deception Pass, especially since I'm likely to arrive on Whidbey around the weekend before, and can't imagine being able to go if it were a long way away. Deception Pass I could go for a single night if I wanted. I just tried the reservation system and it should open sites for that weekend.

Bobbie
Old 11-15-2008, 12:23 AM   #20

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Washington
We had so much fun at the First Annual WA Get Together, and we're looking forward to seeing everybody again!

Our vote is for Cape Disappointment State Park. Not only is it a beautiful place with beaches to explore, the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center is a great museum and the lighthouse is cool. Tax-free shopping is a short drive across the Astoria Bridge.

How about June 5-7? We just checked the reservations at Cape Disappointment and there's good availability if we make a decision right away. From what we see all the state parks are pretty much completely booked starting the week after that when school gets out. So we need to go for that first week in June (or sooner), or wait until September. June is better for us, because we'd like to go to the Fort Langley meet in September and the NOG in October.

Everyone has made great suggestions, but here are some of our thoughts. Hood Canal Bridge is going to be closed for at least six weeks starting in May, so anything up an that direction would probably be better timing next year. We go to Whidbey Island so often that Deception Pass just isn't our first pick anyway. We echo the comment about the mosquitoes on Lake Wenatchee, but aside from the bugs that would be a fun choice. Also, the Ellensburg area is windy all year long. It's just whether it is hot wind or cold wind. In early June, it'll probably be cold wind. But that's just our two cents worth, and we still want to go regardless! Just let us know where and when.

Chris & Maureen
Old 11-15-2008, 10:15 AM   #21

Name: Brandy
I second the motion for this one.....its kind of in the middle for our canadian friends and our oregon friends...plus it said a fishing bridge so that automatically caught my attention...........

Quote:
One that comes to mind that we haven't been to in a number of years is Taidnapum Park. It's one of several campgrounds run by Tacoma Power. Here's a link http://www.ci.tacoma.wa.us/power/parksandp...dnapam_park.htm
Old 11-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #22

Name: Larry
Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Washington
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
I second the motion for this one.....its kind of in the middle for our canadian friends and our oregon friends...plus it said a fishing bridge so that automatically caught my attention...........
AND we also like this area........ L & C
Old 11-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #23

The group site at Taidnapum park is sites 53-74... all full hookups except no sewer hookups for 71-74

If this place is considered I can drive there in an hr and try to get the group site reserved for a certain date... as I said before I will only be availble for spring meet the last week of May to first week in June....
Other wise there is the main park..... They are adding on 100 more hookup sites but thats not available right now....

I third vote Taidnapum.....
Old 11-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #24

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 SD
Washington
Registry
Hi all,
While they all sound ok to me...hell, why wouldn't they, I'm retired! The scheduling snafu more so affects Brenda's schedule since she's a school district employee and as such, doesn't finish until around the end of June. But, she has given me "permission" to go by myself if she can't make it. It's just more fun with my sweetie, but I have "flown solo" before too.
Never been to Taidnapum, but did find it on the map. Sounds interesting, but so does Cape D on the coast. I could go either way, or anywhere else for that matter. For what its worth.
Greg
Old 11-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #25

I say if we choose to go to Taidnapum what weekend is good?
May 29th to may 31
June 5th 7th.

I would proably come a day early or stay a day later anyways.... or could anyone else for that fact.
its right before school is out and sometimes the weather really isnt that bad...

Do we want the group site? i am not sure how to reserve for that but I can either drive out there to find out... Maybe a minium of 10 has to reserve or do we just reserve ourselves for those dates??
Old 11-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #26

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Well, I'm probably out for either of those weekends if it isn't close as I know I won't want to drive from California to Whidbey and turn around and take a long drive the next weekend (or so) and then again on the following weekend (which is already committed.)

Old 11-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #27

Washington
First, DATES:
Memorial Day weekend is a hellish weekend to travel, so I'm NOT looking at that. My 2009 calendar shows Memorial Day weekend as May 23/24/24, so that's OUT.

MAY 29/30/31 FRI/SAT/SUN is a pissobolity, as is...

JUNE 5/6/7 FRI/SAT/SUN an appealing weekend, so for the purposes of coming to some definitive conclusion on this endeavor, I'm going for that one: JUNE 5/6/7, and naturally some folk come early whatever dates we pick.

OK, that settled (?), now about PLACE:

Taidnapam Park - There seems to be a push to this park, owned by Tacoma Power.
http://www.ci.tacoma.wa.us/power/par...napam_park.htm

The only trouble is, when I go to their web site, it says
"The new campsites at Taidnapam Park are still under construction and won't be available this summer. Although they're not ready for camping yet, you'll see a new map on the reservation web site."

Now, did that mean LAST SUMMER, or does it mean THIS SUMMER. If it's this coming summer, then talking about Taidnapam Park is a moot point, isn't it?

Can someone tell us if it's available for the summer of 2009?
Thanks,
Sharen

Old 11-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #28

I doubt if the construction will be complete until 2009 or later. I am not sure where they are at in getting it done but I would be glad to find out.... As I said its just over an hrs drive away from me and i can go find out from someone and let ya know or call parks and rec..
If its nice tomarrow I might take a drive that way.....

Did you check out the 'group site'? put your curser on the lower middle that is across the street from the main camp loop....

http://www.camis.com/WA/camping/maps.asp?loc=232

5th 6th and 7th sound good also...