2009 Washington State Get Together (2nd Annual) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #1

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Since there hasn't been much ado about our state get together lately, I thought I would revive this thread and get the blip back up on the radar again. A few folks have commented in another thread here about having another one. So, let's talk about it... Please bring up your suggestions, reasons, thoughts, etc. This trip was a lot of fun last time and those who attended the first rally really enjoyed themselves despite being done on relatively short notice. Now we have a lot more "lead time" to organize the next one, so let's start planning a little.
Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #2

Trailer: 77 Scamp
towards Ellenburg is ALWAYS sunny......Denny Creek campground (right off of I-90 but you can still hear some traffic.....Tinkham road Campground (love this one have yet to camp here becasue its secluded and I am waiting for a buddy to camp with me..this is a mile up into the woods off of 90 each site is quite "private....not sure about electricity? but the river runs behind half the campsites and it is very pretty up there.....Deception Pass......nice but must book in advance......Birch Bay...WAY up north but from what I gather it is beautiful...
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Quote:
towards Ellenburg is ALWAYS sunny......[b]Denny Creek campground (right off of I-90 but you can still hear some traffic.....[b]Tinkham road Campground (love this one have yet to camp here becasue its secluded and I am waiting for a buddy to camp with me..this is a mile up into the woods off of 90 each site is quite "private....not sure about electricity? but the river runs behind half the campsites and it is very pretty up there.....[b]Deception Pass......nice but must book in advance......[b]Birch Bay...WAY up north but from what I gather it is beatiful...
Second Brandy's choices of towards E'burg. Denny Creek, tho, will always be crowded as it is a destination for the Yuppie type hikers, will take some prompt planning. Does have full hookups. Tinkham is a USFS spot, will be sorta primitive (YAY!) no electricity, and prob vault toilets, should have water spigots. Going further East is Lake Kachess campground, another USFS camp, and one of our favorites Crystal Springs, primitive-vault toitoi's, water spigots every 100 feet or so, no electric. Larry
Attached Thumbnails
Crystal_Springs_4.JPG  
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #4

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
When: June through Mid-August would be nice for me. But I understand these times are busier and require more advance planning.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #5

Tinkham had water spigots....and I remember two shed looking things that resembled bathrooms but there didn't look like showers in that small of space...but come on were camping who needs to shower

Quote:
Second Brandy's choices of towards E'burg. Denny Creek, tho, will always be crowded as it is a destination for the Yuppie type hikers, will take some prompt planning. Does have full hookups. Tinkham is a USFS spot, will be sorta primitive (YAY!) no electricity, and prob vault toilets, should have water spigots. Going further East is Lake Kachess campground, another USFS camp, and one of our favorites Crystal Springs, primitive-vault toitoi's, water spigots every 100 feet or so, no electric. Larry
Old 11-13-2008, 12:31 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape 19 ft
Off my head there's Lake Wenatchee and Deception Pass State Parks. What time frame are we looking at? Spring, Summer. Fall or????
Old 11-13-2008, 01:02 AM   #7

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
One that comes to mind that we haven't been to in a number of years is Taidnapum Park. It's one of several campgrounds run by Tacoma Power. Here's a link http://www.ci.tacoma.wa.us/power/parksandp...dnapam_park.htm
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #8

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Tiadnapam has a great group site too! its across the road from the main campground. heres a link to the campsite map.

http://www.camis.com/WA/camping/maps.asp?loc=232
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #9

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
While I know that there are many "purists" out there who like boondocking and primitive site camping, I think we should perhaps consider that some, if not most, people that attend these group events would prefer going to a place with at least power, water, and facilities having bathrooms and showers (not stinky outhouses). I personally prefer full hook-up sites, but that's just me. I'm sure others here who may be considering attending would also appreciate these features as well though. Just my two cents worth.
Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:10 PM   #10

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
While I know that there are many "purists" out there who like boondocking and primitive site camping, I think we should perhaps consider that some, if not most, people that attend these group events would prefer going to a place with at least power, water, and facilities having bathrooms and showers (not stinky outhouses). I personally prefer full hook-up sites, but that's just me. I'm sure others here who may be considering attending would also appreciate these features as well though. Just my two cents worth.
Greg
Greg-- dunno if purist is the right term, cheep might be better as the primitive site are more economical... But, you are right, participation will be better if full hook up is available. And, I will never turn down shower facilities. Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #11

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
We do enjoy both boondocking and camping with hookups. I think for this type of gathering I would prefer to have utilities, couple less things to worry about when you'd rather be socializing. By the way, just had some friends return from a trip to Dosewalips State Park in the peninsula on the Hood Canal, looks to be a nice park with about 100 spacious grassy sites about have of which have utilities.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #12

Okay so ideas here.....we want our Canadian friends to come ...trust me they are fun.....and we still love our Oregon friends......so somewhere in the middle ..........and with hookups.....searching for ideas......
Old 11-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #13

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Hello Happy Crampers...

I love the enthusiasm of this group. Why, we haven't even endured Winter yet, and you're all thinking ahead to Spring! Thank you Greg Finke, my ol' CCHS pal, for driving the endeavor to gather at a 2nd Annual WA State GLASS EGG MEET. You may have created a monster.

So, OK... here's what I've been TRYING, unsuccessfully, to do this morning. First, FOR THE HECK OF IT, I selected a June date BEFORE school lets out - arbitrarily selecting June 12/13, 2009.

Then I went to WA State's crampgrounds web site for DECEPTION PASS (lovely place) http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selec...eception%20Pass

FACILITIES: Check out their Forest Loop (1-78) - that's where most of the water/electric sites are, so Greg you could enjoy a sweet-smelling loo, while back at your crampsite your electric coffee pot perks.

CALENDAR: When you look at the overall calendar for Forest Loop for JUNE, it looks pretty good - lots of available "green" spaces.

RESTRICTIONS: There is a NINE-MONTH maximum for reserving sites ahead of time - 9 months from date reservation is made to actual cramping reservation date, if you know what I mean. So, seeing as we're ONLY SEVEN months out, we should be able to do this!!!

STICKY BIT: But, when I tried to make a reservation, I ended up with FAILURE messages.

WHAT THE...?

So, I'm not sure what to say. I was trying to snag a reservation, then come back on line here and tell you all about it, that there are plenty of available sites for mid-June at Deception Pass... but now I don't know. Maybe someone else wants to give it a try. I figured that if you all decided to go somewhere else, I could always cancel this and pick up another.

Anyway, visit the Deception Pass site and see what you think. It's a beautiful part of Puget Sound, but we'll go just about anywhere in WA state that you all want to go... just seems like we need to decide now, and start snagging those sites.

Ellensburg sounds good too - the old town part of E'burg is a sweet place to visit. And June would likely see sunshine in E'burg. Lake Wenachee is also appealing - we've been there - but their mosquitos are the size of VW crampers.

Cheers all,
Sharen
Attached Thumbnails
HPIM1082.JPG  
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #14

Registry
Quote:
So, OK... here's what I've been TRYING, unsuccessfully, to do this morning. First, FOR THE HECK OF IT, I selected a June date BEFORE school lets out - arbitrarily selecting June 12/13, 2009.
Thanks for going to June, but you selected the exact weekend of our next Corgi Campout at Greyland Beach.

Ignore me, though, as I probably can't go any other weekend in June and July is likely to be too crowded for everyone.

Bobbie
Old 11-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #15

P.S. I also looked at the Tacoma Mossy Park site - looks nice - and their availability for mid-June looks good too. Looks like 1/2 their loop sites accomodate hookups.

http://www.ci.tacoma.wa.us/power/par...napam_park.htm

So, let's strive for consensus, or GReg, just pick a place and tell us to be there!
xo
Sharen

Old 11-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
A group site is kind of an appealing idea too - although I think the usual turn-out would probably exceed the capacity of most group sites.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #17

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Everyone has thier places that all look good,. I guess its gonna be drawing a straw to see where everyone would like to meet. ???
I would only be free May 25th-June 6th or somewhere inbetween....
Maybe more Washingtonians will chime in also....to suggest a place too
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #18

OK CRampers, been doing some research... any preferences??? All seem to have 9 month reservation restrictions, but that should work NOW. - Sharen

LAKE WENATCHEE, in the mountains near Leavenworth, the Oom pah pah village (super)
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selec...ake%20Wenatchee
North loop, 101-197, looks like hook-ups, electric + water
JUNE 4,5,6 (Thurs/Fri/Sat nights)
AVAILABILITY: EXCELLENT RIGHT NOW
NOTE: I can't seem to access sites for their pictures.

DECEPTION PASS, north end of Whidbey Island, northern part of WA state (wonderful)
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selec...eception%20Pass
Forest Loop, 1-78, most with hook-ups, electric & water
JUNE 4, 5, 6 (Thurs/Fri/Sat nights)
AVAILABILITY: looks good right now
NOTE: 9 month maximum reservation restriction - having trouble making a reservation right now

CAPE DISAPPOINTMENT (don't let the name fool ya), south-western WA shore (beautiful Lewis n Clarke site)
http://www.camis.com/WA/camping/maps.asp?loc=184
A-sites, 1-60 - all with hookups for power & water
AVAILABILITY: UNABLE TO ACCESS, WHA'???

SEAQUEST, EXIT 49 off the I-5, southerly (never been here)
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp...dpark=Seaquest
A-SITES, 1-54, most with hook-ups, power & water
AVAILABILITY: LOOKS EXCELLENT RIGHT NOW

Old 11-14-2008, 10:47 PM   #19

Registry
My vote would be Deception Pass, especially since I'm likely to arrive on Whidbey around the weekend before, and can't imagine being able to go if it were a long way away. Deception Pass I could go for a single night if I wanted. I just tried the reservation system and it should open sites for that weekend.

Bobbie
Old 11-15-2008, 12:23 AM   #20

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
We had so much fun at the First Annual WA Get Together, and we're looking forward to seeing everybody again!

Our vote is for Cape Disappointment State Park. Not only is it a beautiful place with beaches to explore, the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center is a great museum and the lighthouse is cool. Tax-free shopping is a short drive across the Astoria Bridge.

How about June 5-7? We just checked the reservations at Cape Disappointment and there's good availability if we make a decision right away. From what we see all the state parks are pretty much completely booked starting the week after that when school gets out. So we need to go for that first week in June (or sooner), or wait until September. June is better for us, because we'd like to go to the Fort Langley meet in September and the NOG in October.

Everyone has made great suggestions, but here are some of our thoughts. Hood Canal Bridge is going to be closed for at least six weeks starting in May, so anything up an that direction would probably be better timing next year. We go to Whidbey Island so often that Deception Pass just isn't our first pick anyway. We echo the comment about the mosquitoes on Lake Wenatchee, but aside from the bugs that would be a fun choice. Also, the Ellensburg area is windy all year long. It's just whether it is hot wind or cold wind. In early June, it'll probably be cold wind. But that's just our two cents worth, and we still want to go regardless! Just let us know where and when.

Chris & Maureen
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote