2009 Washington State Get Together - 2nd Annual - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #41

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
With all the flooding in this area, I'm wonderin what shape the place will be in for this event???
Attached Images

Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #42

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Our first-ever, and to this date, our only, official "get-together" with our Casita (bought in July, 2008) was last year's (first) WA state get-together at Fort Worden State Park.

When we saw this thread, I immediately started to reserve a site at Tiednapam(sp?), only to discover that we have a conflict ;-(

We are already signed up to take our first-ever cruise (Alaska) starting that same weekend! So, we will have to wait until 2010 for the third annual (I hope) Wa State get-together.

We had such a great time at Fort Worden that we really hate to miss this year's event.

We wish you all the best, and hope to see some of you at the northern and southern Oregon gatherings, where we are reserved and anxious to go!

Mike and Sandy in Tacoma, WA
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #43

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Hi Mike,

Welcome. As a fellow "Casitan", (I picked mine up just one month before you did), I'm sure you are enjoying your new toy too.

I was just curious after reading your post, as to what WA State "get together" you were at up in Fort Warden SP last year?

We, (the group of us who attended the first annual WA State get-together,) held our "first annual" event at Grayland Beach SP in Grayland, down near Westport on the coast. This was held back in last September. All of us who were there had a great time and we are all looking forward to our second annual trip to Taidnapam Park.

While I also certainly enjoy Fort Warden as well, having been there many times over the years, we (the group) have not yet ever held a "WA State" get-together there yet. It was a nominated site, among several other suggested sites which we had originally considered, but then, by group consensus, we all finally agreed to hold it at Grayland SP.

Sorry you have a scheduling conflict for the Taidnapum rally and won't be able to make it. We have almost tripled the number of people signed up for this one over last year, and I'm sure we'll have a good time again. Perhaps we'll see you at one of the upcoming Oregon rallies at least. If things change, please feel free to join us!

Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #44

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Cool

Just a fast hi to all, and to say we'll be in site 33 thursday through Sunday - with the two cars, Adonna!
cheers
Vicki and Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #45

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
With all the flooding in this area, I'm wonderin what shape the place will be in for this event???

They should be ok by June.. I havent heard how bad or what the situation is on the flooding that way... I know Morton got hit pretty bad with the snow, building collaps etc..... The park is by the Cowlitz river tho.... I believe they have pretty well finished up the 'newer sites' but it does say 'restriction' so dont know whats with that.... Looks like a pretty 'full' house for June!!!
I can always call the park and find out ...
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #46

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I can always call the park and find out ...
That's a nice offer Christi, but this June event is still five months out. May should wait and see if we hear any news? The parks people probably couldn't give you much information right now anyway. Even if it was completely flooded, they'll probably work hard to get it back into shape for summer camping.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #47

Registry
These issues can take months to resolve. I remember a coupla years ago when Howard Miller Steelhead State Park (on the Skagit, hwy 20 east) got wiped out, MANY members of an American Car Club I belong to (J.J. Cruisers from Sedro) combined forces and built a new play area for the kids and did 2 days worth of 'grunt work' in an effort to get the park back up on its feet. The first year after the park reopened, it still wasn't 'much'. It took almost a full 18 months for gov't fundage to kick in and provide some more relief!! Good news is NOW that park is better than ever....
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #48

I am confident "our rangers' will have everything cleaned up and open, along with the volunteers..... 5 months is away yet.... I might just take a drive up there for one of my sunday drives anyways in the spring .. March or April.. maybe...

they also hire the 'correctional facility work program people' to come clean up too in the parks.. in other words the 'chain gang' lol
Old 01-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #49

Trailer: 17 ft Casita
Rick and Chris from Centralia will be in site 32 arriving on Friday with SHAULA their Casita 17.
Richard Trosper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:40 AM   #50

Washington
Registry
Hi all,

Well, it seems we are still growing! I now count 28 spaces reserved so far. If memory serves me correctly, I believe we only had a dozen spaces booked for our first get-together last September.

For the next "update" of the Master List (on page #2, post #16), please include Doug M. (ref. post 23) in Space #18, who has slipped through the cracks on the list, as well as our latest signed up attendees, Rick and Chris in Space #32.

Let's see if we can break 30 sites this year!

Greg
Old 01-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #51

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Gregg, after 50,000 miles we made our first modification to our trailer. We have now joined the one eyed Casita group. Thanks to Lou and Lora, we now can see what is happening with our TV while in our trailer. Can't wait to show it off. I know you did yours very shortly after you got your trailer.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #52

Registry
Quote:
Hi all,

Well, it seems we are still growing! I now count 28 spaces reserved so far. If memory serves me correctly, I believe we only had a dozen spaces booked for our first get-together last September.

For the next "update" of the Master List (on page #2, post #16), please include Doug M. (ref. post 23) in Space #18, who has slipped through the cracks on the list, as well as our latest signed up attendees, Rick and Chris in Space #32.

Let's see if we can break 30 sites this year!

Greg
LOL!! Greg, I was kinda hoping to slip through the cracks without anyone else realizing we are coming. Please note, I am trying to get more of my 'posse' to come down there with me. It remains to be seen as to how many will actually come. I've had at least ONE hard-boiled egger complain "All the way down there!!!!". My imediate response was "YAH, ALL the way down there!!! It isn't that far!"
Do you have any idea as to how many sites are actually still available?
I assume we all can't get into the 'prime location' spots.....
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2009, 11:55 AM   #53

Washington
Registry
Hi Doug,
Ha Ha, caught ya tryin' ta sneak in the back door! (LOL) Thought you could escape our scrutiny, eh?
That would be great if you can con, er, I mean convince, more folks to join in. The more the merrier. I don't have any exact figures of how many sites are left, but we have definitely exceeded my expectations already for this event.

Linda and Dale,
Nice mod. I really enjoy my front window a lot. I posted a picture of my trailer's "eyeball" on the other thread below your other post, just in case some folks don't quite get what you were talking about. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words.

See you both at Taidnapum, if not sooner.

Greg
Old 01-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #54

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Good morning everyone. Wow, this is amazing that we have so many people coming from all over for this event. I just looked this morning at the reservation website and it shows 5 sites available starting Friday June 5 through Sunday June 7th. (Sites 34, 41, 44, 45 and 49) Site 46 has some sort of restriction. I have updated the list (Thanks Greg for your eagle eyes) and the map. Donna should have them updated shortly.
Chris
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #55

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
Eric, Roger and Homer will be in site 45
Ericpa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #56

Trailer: 1978 13 ft Scamp
Just talked to Brandi today! Thanks for the Heads up, IM not able to commit just yet, memorial day or some timre around there my boy will be a HighSchool Graduate and ill be off to the Festivities in Chicago so i cant book but once i know my plans ill surely hope that i can make it!

im just DYING to go scampin!

Valerie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #57

I am leaving here on June 4th around 10:30.. so if anyone wants to caravan down we can meet at Spiffys Restrurant right there off of I-5 on Hwy 12.. I will probably be there around 11:00... or pick a good time if ya wanna do that..
I always like to arrive alittle early to get set up, etc and have a good full day..
Old 02-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #58

Washington
Registry
Just wondering...would any of our attendees be interested in having, hosting, or putting together any sort of functions or other activities, (pretty open-ended here) like a lot of the other get-togethers put on, or should we just leave it as a "do whatever you want" type of unstructured event? Just putting out a "feeler" as to what you all may think or feel about any such activities.
Greg

Old 02-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #59

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I will organize the lawn chairs around my campfire. Bring 'em on!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #60

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
What, no beer exchange, Donna?
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote