2009 Washington State Get Together - 2nd Annual - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #101

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Greg, these places (sites) aren't always up to date, best bite the (financial)bullet and land-line call either the park DIRECT or the reservation line.

Brandy, sorry, I meant 'Val' (soooo many women, sooo little time, LOL) Terrie's a hoot an a definate 'pardyanimul'!!!! I still haven't had the T[at]b tour....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #102

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
I suppose she may have not specified having an RV (as opposed to a tent). Not sure what she plugged into the reservation webpage, but I agree with Doug, that she may just want to call the Park Reservation folks by phone and confirm what's really still available, and perhaps also find out why she couldn't book a site on-line.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #103

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Valerie may have other commitments and couldn't say for sure yes or no........Doug ya need to start calling all your womenf riend the same thing, somthing endearing that way they all think their special and you don't have to remember names ...HA I crack myself up

Quote:
Greg, these places (sites) aren't always up to date, best bite the (financial)bullet and land-line call either the park DIRECT or the reservation line.

Brandy, sorry, I meant 'Val' (soooo many women, sooo little time, LOL) Terrie's a hoot an a definate 'pardyanimul'!!!! I still haven't had the T[at]b tour....
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #104

I let her know this morning to check again....she has a TAB or whatever you call those things..so I'm guessing she'll be able to get in if not bummer for her but I'm in site 22

Quote:
I suppose she may have not specified having an RV (as opposed to a tent). Not sure what she plugged into the reservation webpage, but I agree with Doug, that she may just want to call the Park Reservation folks by phone and confirm what's really still available, and perhaps also find out why she couldn't book a site on-line.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #105

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I let her know this morning to check again....she has a TAB or whatever you call those things..so I'm guessing she'll be able to get in if not bummer for her but I'm in site 22
"things"

Brandy, you and I are "almost" neighbors which makes it easier for dragging the lawn chair around
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:37 PM   #106

Registry
Donna, use one of these instead of the lawn chair....
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2009, 03:06 AM   #107

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

Some of those sites say reserved for 'van campers'. Why that would be they said it is too hard to manuver a trailer into the spot.

Maybe if you call the park, and explain the size of your rig, they may let you in.

PS: Site #49 is right by the black tank emptying station.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #108

Washington
Registry
Looks like the "dump station" is closer to 46 than it is to 49, at least from the drawing on the park reservation website.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #109

Registry
Quote:
Some of those sites say reserved for 'van campers'. Why that would be they said it is too hard to manuver a trailer into the spot.

Maybe if you call the park, and explain the size of your rig, they may let you in.

PS: Site #49 is right by the black tank emptying station.
Not to mention the fact that SOMEONE attending should have a Boler Stroller with them, so the traditional backing up routine almost a thing of the past! (Makes manuvering a snap!).

Site map I have shows 'Sanny Dump' almost directly behind site #49.
(LOL!! It also 'seems' to be across the road from a CULTURAL EXHIBIT, wonder IF the park designer was trying to make a statement??)
Old 02-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #110

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Here are a couple of photos from the reservation website of both sites available. Site 46 wants a van/camper to be in that site probably due to the fact it is so close to site 45 and a tow vehicle and trailer would block access to site 45.
Click image for larger version

Name:	TD_46_2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	17911

Site 49 has a nice view of the dump station just through the trees. Kind of surprising since this site does not have sewer hookups like the other sites in the area

Click image for larger version

Name:	TD_49_1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	17912

We might need to start a waiting list and offer sites in case there is a cancellation from a fellow egg owner.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
TD_49_2.jpg  
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #111

Washington
Registry
Quote:
"We might need to start a waiting list and offer sites in case there is a cancellation from a fellow egg owner. Chris"

Boy, I never figured we'd come to taking cancellation requests in just our 2nd year, in order to attend. Last year we only had a dozen rigs, this year we have pretty much filled up the loop. I think we may possibly need to find an even larger venue for the next get-together, although they will probably have the newly constructed sites open sometime this year as well. Does anyone have any opinions as to whether we want to establish a single repeated venue here, (kind of a same time-same place thing like the one at Bullards Beach,) or should we keep this thing a "travelling circus roadshow" at a different place each year? Just puttin' out a "feeler".

Greg
Old 02-14-2009, 11:18 PM   #112

Registry
Greg, it seems no one has stepped up to the plate to express an opinion, so I'll break the ice and say that the Trailer Goddess and I would prefer a same place event. Easier to plan to get to and from every year. .....and yes, it looks like a larger venue might be needed, but you can NEVER accompany EVERYONE all the time.

Our (West Coast Canadian) event [at] The Fort Campground started years ago with about 6 like minded campers. Its grown in size almost every event. We DO meet twice a year, same place. Some years the host (Craig) has had to turn back to the park MANY unused sites, other years we have had to turn people away. Its always a first come/first served deal anyway, so 'Snooze, Ya Loose'!!
Just A Thought In Passing:
Our event (in May) comes before yours, why not plan to take ours in and see how 'we' do it'?

I know others on here will vote for the roaming venue, but IMHO, that could/would make attendance by some a no show deal. IF its held too deeply into WA, OR to far east, for us, it would be too far to go just for a weekend event. For example for the Trailer Goddess and I to attend this June, SHE has to take part of her allotted vacation which cannot be broken down into days, must be taken in 5 day (work day) increments. (I KNOW, it SUX to be us!!)
SO NOW we have to plan of allowing 2 weeks of her vacation to attend a weekend event!!!

Yet, another reason for staying at the same place is that 'someone' doesn't have to do all the leg/prep-work to find a new place to 'hatch' our Eggs for next time, PLUS the park 'hosts' get to know the group and are prolly going to be more reciptive to repeat visits!!!

So, I'll git offa mah soap box (for now) and Thanks for listening to mah .02 $ (Canadian)
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #113

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

That's $.016 American. He, he.

My only problem with Taidnapam, is the remoteness. I don't think there is a heck of a lot to do in Morton nor Glenoma. Mt Rainier Park and Mt St Helens are close and would be good day trips for those interested. I am not able to find out just what is available in Taidnapam itself...fishing, swimming and boating in Lake Riffe as well as hiking and horseshoes.

I guess I was spoiled by camping at Fort Worden last year, with the gun emplacements, museums, beach and lighthouse to explore as well as Port Townsend with its interesting shops. But then again Fort Worden is known for its wild parties and indeed we did leave early because of a raucous wedding party in the campsites around us.

Another factor is the location and size. Birch Bay is remote for persons in the southern part of the state whereas Nine Mile is remote for the western part.

I think we all will be able to make a better judgement AFTER the gathering in June.

The wife just pointed out that our church used to have a yearly camp-out at Grayland and after a while, the park wouldn't allow the organizer to reserve blocks of sites.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:08 AM   #114

Standing in line first on the waiting list for a fellow gal pal who owns a TAB or a TADA.....anywho Let me know she's not on here so i said I would keep watch.......
Old 02-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #115

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Quote:
My only problem with Taidnapam, is the remoteness.
well that it is! but a beautiful park.. I have gone there just for my sunday drives and it is beautiful.... I may take a drive here soon to see if the 'new part of the park will be open and if it has full hookups too...
Maybe when we are there we can take discuss if the group would like to stay at the same park or go someplace else...

One up the road about 5 miles from there is called Bud Allen Park.. its also a nice park. I have of brochures on alot of the parks I have picked up...
http://www.lcpud.org/reccampgroundpark.php
Only thing i dont think they offer a Sr discount to anyone... but one can drive and seek it out to see if they like it...
just a suggestion...
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #116

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Okay, as far as same place, I say, lets see how this park works out and then deside if it is good for returning.

BUT here are two things I noticed while previewing things to do while camping on their website:
http://www.ci.tacoma.wa.us/power/parksandp...dnapam_park.htm

Camping fees

$26 – Water/electric and sewer hookups
$25 – Water/electric hookup
$14 – Walk-in tent sites
$10 – Extra vehicle/RV, if space allows (No charge for towed vehicles)
$10 – Unattended vehicle
$75 – Extra vehicle season pass
$180 – Primitive group camp (You must reserve all 12 sites)

Also it says that the showers are coin operated so those who don't use a trailer shower need to remember to bring lots of quarters.

Brandi, if you have a long space, it seems that it might be posible to add another vehicle, it is 10 for a trailer.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #117

Quote:
Okay, as far as same place, I say, lets see how this park works out and then deside if it is good for returning
I have to agree with that too.. let see how it goes...
Old 02-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #118

Registry
I think I remember seeing (somwhere) that this park is about 5 miles from the town of Morton.
The Trailer Goddess an I plan to stock up on most items we'll be needing for the weekend LONG before we get near Morton anyhow, so the 'shopping' issue will have been dealt with. We don't attend these events to 'go do something else', to occupy our time. We come for the comradery of spending quality time with like minded campers....
(the Wodka Shotz don't hurt either, LOL!!!)
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #119

Doug.. h ave to agree.. once I am at a park i am usually there for the duration. Unless one needs to go to the grocery store I usually dont go running around...
I do have to admit when I go to Grayland I love to go into Westport .. Salt Water Taffy is a 'must' have item... LOL and browes the shops....
Old 02-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #120

Washington
Registry
I suppose that we can have a meeting during the get-together, for all of those who may be interested, in where and how to continue our get-together venues. There are obviously some good arguements for staying at the same place/same time, and also some good arguements for those who like to "mix it up" by going to different places or have it at different times of year. I personally think that establishing a uniform time frame, if not the same venue, for trip planning purposes would probably help most folks who don't share the luxury of being retired, (like me...neener, neener!) so they could plan each time knowing when it will be held. Some folks can't schedule such trips easily on short notice, and some of us can. Nobody said life was fair, or that everyone's wishes can be accomodated, but we can all try to find a workable solution if we get together and hash it out. They do the Bullard's Beach trip at the same time/same place every year just so people can plan ahead knowing that it will always be the same every year. But then, there are those who like to experience new places, or at least different places so as not to feel like they're in a rut. Both arguements have merit, and I'm sure that we'll work out something which will be workable by the majority of our group. (If we could get Doug to ply us all with enough vodka, I'm sure we will all agree to just about anything, hint, hint! LOL) But, until then, please feel free to express your thoughts here as to your feelings on the matter and also why you feel that they would be the best way to go. We could air a lot of views here between now and the get-together in June, and perhaps by the time it rolls around, we can narrow down the field of suggestions to just a few, rather than forty. It's good to see that people are interested, so keep the dialog going.
Greg