2009 Washington State Get Together - 2nd Annual - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #121

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I think once we have found a good campground we should return. However finding that campground may not be as easy as it sounds. Until we try to have our pot luck tables and our lawn chairs around the campfire, until we visit and until we have experienced the surroundings we won't know if this is the campground for us. Most camp spots are not large enough for 65 people to sit around a campfire. Its not fun to be stuck out in the trees when the place fills up and there is no more room for your chair. Once we see if coin showers work, only 19 full hook ups works then all we need to do is say yes or no. I just think we need to try it on for size and color before we commit. The idea of allowing doubling up may be a good thing for our group with our smaller trailers.

I'm for a regular spot but just say, lets see if this is going to be it after we try it on.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #122

Another thing to consider about this camp is that by next year there will be an additional 300 spaces. You can see the layout of the massive new addition. Rows of full service campspots. There will be more spaces than Bullard beach total in this one new section of the campground.

https://secure.camis.com/WA/Taidnapam-Tacom...107&201-290
Old 02-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #123

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Site 37 is available for the 5th & 6th. Unfortunately we had other obligations come up.
Bill&Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #124

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
PM Brandy, she's scouting for a friend...
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #125

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Quote:
Site 37 is available for the 5th & 6th. Unfortunately we had other obligations come up.
PLEASE DON'T turn the site back to the park, I'm sure someone on here (or a friend thereof) will take it offa your hands first ......keeping more eggs together!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #126

Trailer: 77 Scamp
AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG don't get rif of it PICK ME PICK ME!!!!!!!!!*WAVES HAND* will PM ya right after I post this.....is this just the 5th and 6th or 4th 5th and 6th........

Quote:
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #127

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I guess I should have posted here first. I had already canceled yesterday afternoon. When I was on the reservation page this site was also available on the 4th.

Sorry. Guess we have to figure out how these things work.
Bill&Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #128

Registry
.....ah well, THESE things happen!!

Scramble Brandy, SCRAMBLE!!!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #129

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Site 37 is not available according to the map, but 46 and 49 are.
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #130

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I would still call the park reservation folks directly by land line to be sure. Their computer generated site map may not be up to speed on the cancellation yet. Worth a try, anyway.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #131

Trailer: 77 Scamp
*Scrambles around like a dog with long nails on a wood floor* emailed terrie its up to her right now

Quote:
.....ah well, THESE things happen!!

Scramble Brandy, SCRAMBLE!!!!!
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #132

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Getting back to the earlier discussion about where to hold our 3rd Annual event, we agree that we should talk about the future location(s) at the gathering. It's so hard to reach a consensus online. If we come prepared with some campgrounds in mind, we can make a decision as a group. Most places book 11 months in advance, so it will be time already!

We’ve been going through a couple of great books that we have that list the amenities of campgrounds in the Pacific Northwest. We’ll be sure to bring them to the gathering. The biggest challenge is finding a campground that is large enough for our group with enough hookups. Do most folks want full hookups? Or is it sufficient to have electric and water hookups?

Here’s our two cents’ worth on the type of locations we like. This event shows every sign of growing, so as pointed out earlier, we need to look into larger campgrounds. We’ve never been to Taidnapam before. It will be good to see what the new sites under construction look like. We wonder whether there will be any trees in that area yet, or if there are, whether it will take many years before they mature. Taidnapam does sound promising, but as far as we know there’s not much to do in that area in the way of sightseeing.

The gatherings that have been the most fun for us included outings nearby. We do enjoy the camaraderie at the campgrounds, but in combination with an outing or two. For example, while we were at the Silver Falls NOG, we enjoyed touring the Frank Lloyd Write House with other FGRVers, and we had fun hiking to see the beautiful falls. We also enjoyed touring the lighthouse and shopping around Coos Bay and Bandon while at the Bullards Beach gathering.

We could go either way -- single location, or changing every year. But especially if we settle on a single location, our vote is for someplace that is very scenic, with things to do and places to see. We are lucky to have so many beautiful places to choose from here in Washington.

Maureen & Chris
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #133

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Quote:
It will be good to see what the new sites under construction look like. We wonder whether there will be any trees yet in that area yet, or if there are, whether it will take many years before they mature.
yes the new sites are amongest the trees...
I personally prefer FULL hookups
No there isnt alot to do in the way of site seeing.. I think you can get to Mt St Helens that way if you go to Randle which is down the road.. I havent yet taken that way tho... Personally I dont care if there is anything to go sight see myself.. but I am sure others would like too....beings i live not to far away from Taidnapam I have pretty well seen what is around there... If you back thru Morton and head to Elbe there is the old steam train ( dont know if it will be running then ) and also a dinner car that serves as a restrurant ( good eats there ) or you can go on up to Mt Rainer to Paradise...
It will be interesting to hear what others have in mind to stay at the same park...
I honestly dont know if there is a so called 'gathering place' for all the group except for the kitchen across the way in the "group area'
the only thing in the middle is the playground and the restrooms..
The sites are typical campsites.. I dont know which will accomodate
'all of us' in one spot?
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #134

I personally prefer a campground where we can all be together but is small enough that we generally fill the loop or area so that our wild campfires don't keep others awake, and we don't feel uncomfortable leaving our trailers open for viewing and tours. We don't need sewer hook ups if there is a septic dump to use when we leave but would not turn it down if it was there to use. We would like to see it stay in the southwest part of Washington so it is easier to get to between work.
Just our two cents worth.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #135

Registry
Perhaps some of you you have attended our Ft.Langley might care to chime in here and add some of their 'cross border' experiences with the rest of us???
The Trailer Goddess and I have NO prior experiences with any other (American) meets, we have however done a fair bit of R.V.ing in the (American) Pacific North Wet, most all in K.O.A's, and a few State Parks, which for some odd reason most of you (American's) seem to avoid like the plague!!! (any one care to comment on that??)

I'd add other comments, but I AM sorta bias with regards to these meets, tending to REALLY like our semi anual meets at the Fort, but I AM open to NEW experiences. We CAN (as stated above) discuss this issue further at our meet in June. ....and I just CAN'T wait for that to happen!!!!

Counting the sleeps!!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:47 AM   #136

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
we have however done a fair bit of R.V.ing in the (American) Pacific North Wet, most all in K.O.A's, and a few State Parks, which for some odd reason most of you (American's) seem to avoid like the plague!!! (any one care to comment on that??)
From what I've read Doug, not all states have the wonderful state parks we have here in Oregon and Washington. We have a terrific park system and we are dang proud of it.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #137

Registry
My only Oregon State Park 'event' related to 2 or 3 times at Sand Blast Rod Run. (Although NOT a Chebby Owner, I'd go back inna 'heartbeat', LOL!!)
Does the (usually) higher cost of KOA's keep people away? .....Just curious!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #138

Okay, you have asked twice why we prefer our parks to KOAs. Here is the way I look at it. While it is higher priced, it is like a high price hotel. A grand hotel is nice at certain times, but a cabin on the beach with a fire and peace and quiet is also very good. So it isn't the price so much as the enviroment that makes camping in the state and county parks so nice compared to KOAs. We have spent our time in side by side spaces at KOAs and enjoyed the security, the pool and the customer service but it was usually when we were working and needed to be in a certain location. A small county park that has trees and river and charm just is much more fun then a long line of paved spots.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #139

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Quote:
Okay, you have asked twice why we prefer our parks to KOAs. Here is the way I look at it. While it is higher priced, it is like a high price hotel. A grand hotel is nice at certain times, but a cabin on the beach with a fire and peace and quiet is also very good. So it isn't the price so much as the enviroment that makes camping in the state and county parks so nice compared to KOAs. We have spent our time in side by side spaces at KOAs and enjoyed the security, the pool and the customer service but it was usually when we were working and needed to be in a certain location. A small county park that has trees and river and charm just is much more fun then a long line of paved spots.
You [b]DO have a nice KOA in Albany...it's often a must stop for us in Oregon if we're on I5. Friendly operators and clean sites and almost always a Casita somewhere in there.
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #140

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Seeing Doug's comments reminded me that when we were listing some fun outings at the egg gatherings we have enjoyed, we should have included the Escape Trailer open house during the last Fort Langley meet. To start, it was a beautiful drive to get there, and we had never been to that part of BC before. Then Reace and Tammy showed us a great time and all the staff there were so helpful. We were SO impressed with the work that they are all doing there. It was fascinating seeing the trailers in various states of completion. Just another example of a fun egg meet outing to share.

Maureen

Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote