2009 Washington State Get Together - 2nd Annual - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #113

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Talking

That's $.016 American. He, he.

My only problem with Taidnapam, is the remoteness. I don't think there is a heck of a lot to do in Morton nor Glenoma. Mt Rainier Park and Mt St Helens are close and would be good day trips for those interested. I am not able to find out just what is available in Taidnapam itself...fishing, swimming and boating in Lake Riffe as well as hiking and horseshoes.

I guess I was spoiled by camping at Fort Worden last year, with the gun emplacements, museums, beach and lighthouse to explore as well as Port Townsend with its interesting shops. But then again Fort Worden is known for its wild parties and indeed we did leave early because of a raucous wedding party in the campsites around us.

Another factor is the location and size. Birch Bay is remote for persons in the southern part of the state whereas Nine Mile is remote for the western part.

I think we all will be able to make a better judgement AFTER the gathering in June.

The wife just pointed out that our church used to have a yearly camp-out at Grayland and after a while, the park wouldn't allow the organizer to reserve blocks of sites.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:08 AM   #114

Name: Brandy
Standing in line first on the waiting list for a fellow gal pal who owns a TAB or a TADA.....anywho Let me know she's not on here so i said I would keep watch.......

Old 02-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #115

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Quote:
My only problem with Taidnapam, is the remoteness.
well that it is! but a beautiful park.. I have gone there just for my sunday drives and it is beautiful.... I may take a drive here soon to see if the 'new part of the park will be open and if it has full hookups too...
Maybe when we are there we can take discuss if the group would like to stay at the same park or go someplace else...

One up the road about 5 miles from there is called Bud Allen Park.. its also a nice park. I have of brochures on alot of the parks I have picked up...
http://www.lcpud.org/reccampgroundpark.php
Only thing i dont think they offer a Sr discount to anyone... but one can drive and seek it out to see if they like it...
just a suggestion...
Old 02-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #116

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
Okay, as far as same place, I say, lets see how this park works out and then deside if it is good for returning.

BUT here are two things I noticed while previewing things to do while camping on their website:
http://www.ci.tacoma.wa.us/power/parksandp...dnapam_park.htm

Camping fees

$26 – Water/electric and sewer hookups
$25 – Water/electric hookup
$14 – Walk-in tent sites
$10 – Extra vehicle/RV, if space allows (No charge for towed vehicles)
$10 – Unattended vehicle
$75 – Extra vehicle season pass
$180 – Primitive group camp (You must reserve all 12 sites)

Also it says that the showers are coin operated so those who don't use a trailer shower need to remember to bring lots of quarters.

Brandi, if you have a long space, it seems that it might be posible to add another vehicle, it is 10 for a trailer.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #117

Quote:
Okay, as far as same place, I say, lets see how this park works out and then deside if it is good for returning
I have to agree with that too.. let see how it goes...
Old 02-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #118

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I think I remember seeing (somwhere) that this park is about 5 miles from the town of Morton.
The Trailer Goddess an I plan to stock up on most items we'll be needing for the weekend LONG before we get near Morton anyhow, so the 'shopping' issue will have been dealt with. We don't attend these events to 'go do something else', to occupy our time. We come for the comradery of spending quality time with like minded campers....
(the Wodka Shotz don't hurt either, LOL!!!)
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #119

Doug.. h ave to agree.. once I am at a park i am usually there for the duration. Unless one needs to go to the grocery store I usually dont go running around...
I do have to admit when I go to Grayland I love to go into Westport .. Salt Water Taffy is a 'must' have item... LOL and browes the shops....
Old 02-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #120

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 SD
Washington
Registry
I suppose that we can have a meeting during the get-together, for all of those who may be interested, in where and how to continue our get-together venues. There are obviously some good arguements for staying at the same place/same time, and also some good arguements for those who like to "mix it up" by going to different places or have it at different times of year. I personally think that establishing a uniform time frame, if not the same venue, for trip planning purposes would probably help most folks who don't share the luxury of being retired, (like me...neener, neener!) so they could plan each time knowing when it will be held. Some folks can't schedule such trips easily on short notice, and some of us can. Nobody said life was fair, or that everyone's wishes can be accomodated, but we can all try to find a workable solution if we get together and hash it out. They do the Bullard's Beach trip at the same time/same place every year just so people can plan ahead knowing that it will always be the same every year. But then, there are those who like to experience new places, or at least different places so as not to feel like they're in a rut. Both arguements have merit, and I'm sure that we'll work out something which will be workable by the majority of our group. (If we could get Doug to ply us all with enough vodka, I'm sure we will all agree to just about anything, hint, hint! LOL) But, until then, please feel free to express your thoughts here as to your feelings on the matter and also why you feel that they would be the best way to go. We could air a lot of views here between now and the get-together in June, and perhaps by the time it rolls around, we can narrow down the field of suggestions to just a few, rather than forty. It's good to see that people are interested, so keep the dialog going.
Greg
Old 02-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #121

California
I think once we have found a good campground we should return. However finding that campground may not be as easy as it sounds. Until we try to have our pot luck tables and our lawn chairs around the campfire, until we visit and until we have experienced the surroundings we won't know if this is the campground for us. Most camp spots are not large enough for 65 people to sit around a campfire. Its not fun to be stuck out in the trees when the place fills up and there is no more room for your chair. Once we see if coin showers work, only 19 full hook ups works then all we need to do is say yes or no. I just think we need to try it on for size and color before we commit. The idea of allowing doubling up may be a good thing for our group with our smaller trailers.

I'm for a regular spot but just say, lets see if this is going to be it after we try it on.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #122

California
Another thing to consider about this camp is that by next year there will be an additional 300 spaces. You can see the layout of the massive new addition. Rows of full service campspots. There will be more spaces than Bullard beach total in this one new section of the campground.

https://secure.camis.com/WA/Taidnapam-Tacom...107&201-290
Old 02-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #123

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Oregon
Registry
Site 37 is available for the 5th & 6th. Unfortunately we had other obligations come up.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #124

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
PM Brandy, she's scouting for a friend...
Old 02-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #125

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Quote:
Site 37 is available for the 5th & 6th. Unfortunately we had other obligations come up.
PLEASE DON'T turn the site back to the park, I'm sure someone on here (or a friend thereof) will take it offa your hands first ......keeping more eggs together!
Old 02-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #126

Name: Brandy
AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG don't get rif of it PICK ME PICK ME!!!!!!!!!*WAVES HAND* will PM ya right after I post this.....is this just the 5th and 6th or 4th 5th and 6th........

Quote: