2010 Niagara Wine Escape Sept 17-20th. - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #57

Trailer: 16 Scamp, 17 Casita, 21Bigfoot now
Registry
Just thought I'd remind ya'll to fill up before crossing to Canada. We just returned from Riverside camping last week. Gas was $2.55 when we left home and then ~$2.60 in OH, ~$2.70 in PA,~$2.90 in NY and ~$3.80 in Ontario ($.99-$1.01/Litre).
Bring your passports! I brought my registrations but didn't need them.
I'll post pictures of the campground if you want. I wasn't impressed.

Also, Verizon told me it would be $.69/min. for my service there. They said I would see a little triangle in my phone screen but I never did. Hopefully, we were boundcing off a US cell tower, don't know yet.

Neat town to go see nearby is Niagra on the Lake about 30 miles north. Touristy town with lots of shops.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #58

Name: Heath
Trailer: Compact Jr
Ohio
Just a few questions, first is there a wal mart near by to stop and get food for those from us that dont want hassle at border, and secon, I know it is a NOG rally but Candy and I would like to see the falls and do a few tours while there. I am assumeing that sunday would be the slow day for the rally so we wouldnt miss out correct?

Old 08-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #59

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
We will get you to a store when you arrive, we will have to do the same thing. You will want to see the lights on the Falls and I think the fireworks are still going on Friday or Saturday night. Try to exchange your money in the US. Make sure you have your proper ID to get back into the US. You can call us if you have any thing you need.
Rick
Old 08-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #60

Registry
couple of pictures of campground when we were there at end of July. We didn't exchange any money since Canada is 1-1 with U.S. I DID see some sign somewhere about fireworks on weekends too.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC07682.jpg   DSC07683.jpg  

Old 08-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #61

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath G. View Post
is there a wal mart near by to stop and get food for those from us that dont want hassle at border?
Heath,
There is a Wal-mart in Fort Erie between the Peace Bridge and the Campground. I've emailed you a google map.
Rick will pass a different Wal-Mart in Niagara Falls coming from his side.
Both are relatively close to the campground.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #62

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Chris Z... A lot of the big rigs leave when the kids go back to school in Sept. We found the KOA to be to expensive, and the Good Sam Park is like a parking lot. We liked the location and the green space of The Riverside. I thought it was good for our sized trailers!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 08-06-2010, 06:50 AM   #63

Registry
Alf
That's good to hear. I was wondering and now I understand a little better.
Chris
Old 08-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #64

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Hey, we just spent the last 3 nights there. The bathrooms are clean, you can minigolf, swim, and bike along the Niagra (beautiful path). There is a family restaurant called Lane's Family Restaurant on Netherby about 5 kilometers away with the best home-cooked meal I have had (homemade blueberry pie with ice cream and whipped cream _ had to take the bikes on that trail after that!)

Now the bad - we asked for 20 or 30 amp. They gave us 15. We ended up setting up 2 times, so we did not blow the electric. We use AC, hot water, and fridge, too much for 15 amp. It looks like the sites assigned here are the 15 amp ones, so cross your fingers for cool weather.

Wineries looked neat. We stopped at Rieff. Ft. Erie and Ft. George were nice. The crossing was easy coming back. We collected receipts and made a list and handed this over, but he just held them and did not look. Asked a couple questions, including our plate no. (Thanks, Roy) and let us go.
CindyL
Old 08-06-2010, 08:33 AM   #65

Registry
We switched to the 15A after I realized the 30A site (S46) wouldn't accommodate a trailer (it was backward - concrete pad with table on right side). Might've been OK for motor home but ground was wet and big ruts. 15A worked fine for us - we have propane water heater but ran A/C almost continually. We had no problem at border returning but we had our passports to show. Wife mentioned a bottle of wine from Canada and I thought OH-OH but he said just one? and all was fine.
Going into Canada, I had to wait for a bus with all the kids showing passports. She then took our passports inside and came back smiling saying all I had was a minor infraction in 1970. I'm not even sure what that was. Asked us if we had any firearms or mace is all.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #66

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
homemade blueberry pie with ice cream
Now that is worth a side trip. Thank you Cindy, and you are welcome.

Roy
Old 08-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #67

Name: Don
Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17'
Ontario
I just reserved site #64. Talked to Cecilia on the phone. Still have a few left. Hopefully no further complications.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #68

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Don N... Gotcha penciled in on my list. It's shaping up to be a good turnout. We usually try to visit 2/3 Winerys in Niagara-on-the-Lake on Sat. Pm. Gonna make my usual slo-cooker of Baked Beans for the potluck saturday night. See ya there!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 08-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #69

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
The Pinot Noir from Rieff was great!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:21 AM   #70

Name: Don
Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17'
Ontario
Little confused by the dates. It starts on Fri night and ends on Mon. ? I only booked the Fri and Sat nights at the campground. Have to work on Mon.

Tags
escape