MB 2013 Manitoba Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally, Aug.16-18 - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2013, 05:41 AM   #61

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Just went through the St Malo reservation site and if anyone needs electrical there are only 2 sites as of right now in Bay 1, it is a bit of a hike from the Rally site. There are lots of Basic sites around the Rally site so book them fast. I know it is hard to think of now with all the snow still on the ground but people have been disappointed with their sites they had to book last minute to come to the Rally.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #62

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
hey Rick, Is the rally site in the overflow section.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #63

Registry
No Scott as per the original invite to start this thread it says We will be using Bay 11 for electrical and Section A for Non-electrical again this year for the Rally.

Campfires will be held in my site Section A Site 9.

I notice you have booked Section A Site 17 so you are very close to my site.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
hey Rick, Is the rally site in the overflow section.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #64

Registry
I did see that the post about the elec/non-elec sites. Was wondering were the swap meet and other group activities were going to be but site 9 is great for us. good to hear we're neighbors and so close to the evening action.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #65

Registry
Once we get closer I will post all the details. For now it just working at getting everyone a camp site and adding the info to my list.

Rick

Quote:
I did see that the post about the elec/non-elec sites. Was wondering were the swap meet and other group activities were going to be but site 9 is great for us. good to hear we're neighbors and so close to the evening action.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #66

Trailer: 1976 Trillium
Registry
I have the dates in mind and really want to attend. We are in Northern Alberta and want to attend we just have to get our jobs working together and we will be there, spent some time in Shilo, just north of you and I think I know the area to find you, it was back in 80 to 84 ,I was there but it doesn't change much. Hope we can make it ,we will keep you posted,thanks, it will be our first one too.
Douglas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #67

Registry
Hope it works out for you. It is a great time and get to see what others have done to their campers on the trailer tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas P View Post
I have the dates in mind and really want to attend. We are in Northern Alberta and want to attend we just have to get our jobs working together and we will be there, spent some time in Shilo, just north of you and I think I know the area to find you, it was back in 80 to 84 ,I was there but it doesn't change much. Hope we can make it ,we will keep you posted,thanks, it will be our first one too.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #68

Registry
Just looked at the St Malo Reservation site and it looks like there are only 2 Electrical sites left in the whole campground. Lots of Basic sites left around the rally area.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #69

Registry
hey Rick,
let me know if I can help in any way. I do have a graphic design background
Old 05-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #70

Registry
Sorry was away for the week for work and had limited email access. I will let you know if I need any help. Thanks

Quote:
hey Rick,
let me know if I can help in any way. I do have a graphic design background
Old 05-28-2013, 05:58 AM   #71

Registry
Got my new TUG, it is a 2013 Ford Escape SE 2.0 turbo with tow package. Still going strong on my 13' Boler rebuild. Looks like the only original interior part will be the closet. The modified fiberglass bench weighed too much so replaced both rear benches in the back with pine. Weighs a lot less and goes with the pine I am building for the front kitchen. Lots of work but it will be done the way I want it.

Still lots of Basic camp sites left in St Malo the weekend of our Rally but all the Electrical sites are all booked. I prefer the Basic sites to Boondock myself.

Keep the bookings coming and let me know your site number, type of camper, and number of people coming.

Weather finally starting to warm up and the leaves are coming back so we may get a summer after all.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #72

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Rick

Of course we'll get a summer in MB just don't know when we'll get there. Trying to sell our house near Toronto, but no luck so far, when we do we move to Emerson, hoping that might even be by the middle of August so...if we do, hope to get up to St. Malo on the Sat. and meet some of the MB & other egg campers. Of course that will be a beautiful weekend with NO mosquitos...well on second thought there are bound to be mosquitos!

I may be in touch re your Escape 2.0 l. turbo, we are debating what to get, our daughter and son-in-law just got the V6 turbo in the F150 and like it, depends on what we decide to get for a trailer.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #73

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Hi Rick,
Once again, I won't be able to make it to the rally. Doing the Tour de Pines Bicycle Ride around/outside Itasca State Park near Park Rapids, MN that weekend. My friend and I hope to complete the 50-mile route this year. I got a new bike that weighs A LOT less than my old (early 90's) Schwinn Mirada, so I'll at least have a fighting chance at finishing.
Maybe I'll be able to make it next year. I hate to miss what looks like a fun rally.
Take care,
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #74

Name: Mandy
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Manitoba
Hi Rick,
How's the reno going ?? Can't wait to see it ( hmmm, might just have to come take a sneak peek, not sure I can wait until August! )

I'm booked in Bay 11 site # 18.
Ella has had some work done since last year, and is sporting some fresh flowers )

See you soon,
Mandy
Mandy in winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #75

Registry
Hi Adrian. You will be welcome to come to our trailer tour on the Saturday to get ideas and maybe you will even have a trailer by then and will be able to come for the weekend.

Just picked my new Escape up on Saturday so still getting used to it but will not tow anything till I get at least 1600km on it. Looks real good so far tho. I did drive the F150 with the Ecoboost V6, was an awesome truck but the salesman who's demo it was said it is not that great on gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Rick

Of course we'll get a summer in MB just don't know when we'll get there. Trying to sell our house near Toronto, but no luck so far, when we do we move to Emerson, hoping that might even be by the middle of August so...if we do, hope to get up to St. Malo on the Sat. and meet some of the MB & other egg campers. Of course that will be a beautiful weekend with NO mosquitos...well on second thought there are bound to be mosquitos!

I may be in touch re your Escape 2.0 l. turbo, we are debating what to get, our daughter and son-in-law just got the V6 turbo in the F150 and like it, depends on what we decide to get for a trailer.

Adrian
Old 05-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #76

Registry
Sorry to hear that you cant make it this year Lil. Good luck on your bike tour. It is amazing how light they can make bikes now with the hi-tech metals now-a-days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil M. View Post
Hi Rick,
Once again, I won't be able to make it to the rally. Doing the Tour de Pines Bicycle Ride around/outside Itasca State Park near Park Rapids, MN that weekend. My friend and I hope to complete the 50-mile route this year. I got a new bike that weighs A LOT less than my old (early 90's) Schwinn Mirada, so I'll at least have a fighting chance at finishing.
Maybe I'll be able to make it next year. I hate to miss what looks like a fun rally.
Take care,
Old 05-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #77

Registry
Hi Mandy. Reno is going good all the ideas in my head are coming to life and actually fit in a Boler LOL. No sneak peeks LOL, no you are welcome to come and look any time you want.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy in winnipeg View Post
Hi Rick,
How's the reno going ?? Can't wait to see it ( hmmm, might just have to come take a sneak peek, not sure I can wait until August! )

I'm booked in Bay 11 site # 18.
Ella has had some work done since last year, and is sporting some fresh flowers )

See you soon,
Mandy
Old 06-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #78

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Hi again Rick

Yes, our son-in-law in not that impressed with the gas mileage but what a beautiful truck - we visited them in NC early May and we took the truck to the beach for an overnight - lots of room in the back for two of us and their big lab! and they got the nearly top of line with largest cab and leather - very nice.

Well, it looks like we're making our move to Emerson even though our ON house has not yet sold (not even an offer), the week of Aug. 12 so depending on how our settling in goes (and we may need a break anyway) will head up to St. Malo Sat. afternoon - what time would you be having the trailer tour?

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #79

Registry
Hi Adrian

Wow risky making a move without selling first. Good luck to you.

Trailer tour starts at 1pm from my campsite Section A Site 9. My 2013 Ford Escape will be there is you want to have a look at it at the same time.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Hi again Rick

Yes, our son-in-law in not that impressed with the gas mileage but what a beautiful truck - we visited them in NC early May and we took the truck to the beach for an overnight - lots of room in the back for two of us and their big lab! and they got the nearly top of line with largest cab and leather - very nice.

Well, it looks like we're making our move to Emerson even though our ON house has not yet sold (not even an offer), the week of Aug. 12 so depending on how our settling in goes (and we may need a break anyway) will head up to St. Malo Sat. afternoon - what time would you be having the trailer tour?

Adrian
Old 06-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #80

Name: Karen
Trailer: 1977 Boler 13'
Manitoba
Booked campsite!

Hi everyone,

I booked a campsite for the big rally! I will be in Bay 11, Section A, 03.
Just purchased my little trailer last year and this will be my first rally!!

I wasn't able to upload my picture but my trailer is a 1977 Boler (school bus yellow). It kind of stands out. lol

See everyone soon. Very excited!!!
Karen E is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally