MB 2013 Manitoba Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally, Aug.16-18 - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #57

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Registry
Hi Richard. Not a lame question at all. Every Rally is different. At our rally Friday night is the meet and greet campfire, Saturday morning is usually a GPS scavenger hunt or free time to go to town to get something for the pot luck supper on Saturday night, Saturday afternoon we have a trailer tour and parts swap meet. Saturday evening is a campfire. Sunday people pack up and head home and I start planning the next years event.

The best part I find is meeting people with similar interests in small light weight campers. It is cool to get comments from all the people with their HUGH campers and motorhomes as to how we survive in our CUTE little trailers.

Rick

Old 04-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #58

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
Rick ; Do you know off hand how far the park is from Braintree Manitoba? We have camped at the Moose Lake provincial park on several occasions and greatly enjoyed our stay.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #59

Manitoba
Registry
Moose Lake is 2.5 hours east of St Malo. As per Google Maps. Never been there myself but told it is a nice place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Rick ; Do you know off hand how far the park is from Braintree Manitoba? We have camped at the Moose Lake provincial park on several occasions and greatly enjoyed our stay.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #60

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Steve,

If you have the Minnesota State map you can find both St. Malo and Moose Lake on it. St. Malo is between A & B top of 1. right under 97 degree. Moose Lake is due north of Warroad, MN (but you have to go west, then east to get there).

Thought of making a loop last year and going the long way up around Kenora on the return, but did not get the loop done. Just came back through MN the same way.

This year we will do a day trip to Winnipeg. Last year we visited Steinbech and the museum there.

Nancy
Old 04-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #61

Manitoba
Registry
Just went through the St Malo reservation site and if anyone needs electrical there are only 2 sites as of right now in Bay 1, it is a bit of a hike from the Rally site. There are lots of Basic sites around the Rally site so book them fast. I know it is hard to think of now with all the snow still on the ground but people have been disappointed with their sites they had to book last minute to come to the Rally.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #62

Name: Scott
Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Manitoba
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
hey Rick, Is the rally site in the overflow section.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #63

Manitoba
Registry
No Scott as per the original invite to start this thread it says We will be using Bay 11 for electrical and Section A for Non-electrical again this year for the Rally.

Campfires will be held in my site Section A Site 9.

I notice you have booked Section A Site 17 so you are very close to my site.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
hey Rick, Is the rally site in the overflow section.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #64

Manitoba
Registry
I did see that the post about the elec/non-elec sites. Was wondering were the swap meet and other group activities were going to be but site 9 is great for us. good to hear we're neighbors and so close to the evening action.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #65

Manitoba
Registry
Once we get closer I will post all the details. For now it just working at getting everyone a camp site and adding the info to my list.

Rick

Quote:
I did see that the post about the elec/non-elec sites. Was wondering were the swap meet and other group activities were going to be but site 9 is great for us. good to hear we're neighbors and so close to the evening action.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #66

Name: Doug Pratt
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
Registry
I have the dates in mind and really want to attend. We are in Northern Alberta and want to attend we just have to get our jobs working together and we will be there, spent some time in Shilo, just north of you and I think I know the area to find you, it was back in 80 to 84 ,I was there but it doesn't change much. Hope we can make it ,we will keep you posted,thanks, it will be our first one too.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #67

Manitoba
Registry
Hope it works out for you. It is a great time and get to see what others have done to their campers on the trailer tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas P View Post
I have the dates in mind and really want to attend. We are in Northern Alberta and want to attend we just have to get our jobs working together and we will be there, spent some time in Shilo, just north of you and I think I know the area to find you, it was back in 80 to 84 ,I was there but it doesn't change much. Hope we can make it ,we will keep you posted,thanks, it will be our first one too.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #68

Manitoba
Registry
Just looked at the St Malo Reservation site and it looks like there are only 2 Electrical sites left in the whole campground. Lots of Basic sites left around the rally area.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #69

Manitoba
Registry
hey Rick,
let me know if I can help in any way. I do have a graphic design background
Old 05-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #70

Manitoba
Registry
Sorry was away for the week for work and had limited email access. I will let you know if I need any help. Thanks

Quote:
hey Rick,
let me know if I can help in any way. I do have a graphic design background

Tags
rally