MB 2013 Manitoba Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally, Aug.16-18 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
2013 Manitoba Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally, Aug.16-18

We would like to invite you all to the 4th Annual Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally
Open to all Boler, Trillium, Surfside, Scamp, Ventura, ect….
Dates: August 16 to 18, 2013
Location: St Malo Provincial Park; located 45 minutes South of Winnipeg and 45 minutes North of the Canada/USA border on Highway 59. This park has a nice beach area along with hiking and biking trails. There are modern washrooms and showers and the small town of St Malo is within one mile.
We will be using Bay 11 for electrical and Section A for Non-electrical again this year for the Rally. This is a popular park in Southern Manitoba so please make your reservations as early as possible so that some people will not be in other areas of the park like last year.
Reservations at the Parks Website will start on Monday April 1st, 2013 at 7:30am the link to the reservation site is http://prs.gov.mb.ca/
If you plan to attend the event please see the RALLY CALENDAR on the http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/ website and RSVP to me as this site has changed a few things and not allowing it to be set up the way we did last year.
Thank you from your hosts
Rick Mooyman rick.mooyman@shaw.ca
Roland Hoffman
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #2

Name: Mandy
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Manitoba
Looking forward to it !
Mandy in winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #3

Registry
Hi Mandy, I have gotten a few replies so far looks like it will be a fun time again this year. If you have anything to sell or pay forward bring it along as we are adding a Swap Meet to the Trailer Tour this year. I will have some Boler parts with me.

Rick
Old 02-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #4

Registry
Reservations at the Parks Website will start on Monday April 1st, 2013 at 7am the link to the reservation site is http://prs.gov.mb.ca/

They are letting us on at 7am this year on Monday April 1st. Yes I confirmed the date. April is a holiday here in Canada. So we can all be online in our PJ's while we wait to get into the site.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #5

Name: T&K
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
Can't wait; Boler is undergoing a complete renovation this year; so will have a completely new look - no photos available yet, just a 100% stripped down boler waiting for grandpa to apply his magic touches!

Rova (Tom and Kelly)
rova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #6

Registry
HI Tom and Kelly. My new to me 1971 Boler is completely striped right now as well. I have started the frame work for the front kitchen and have modified 1 of the benches for a bigger bed and then had to put it away for winter as I don't have a nice heated shop to work on it so once the snow goes away I can get started on it again. It will be done as much as I can and will be what it is even if I have to sleep on the floor I will still be inside right LOL
Old 03-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #7

Manitoba
Rick - please tell us more about your front kitchen. Have you developed any design/measurements? Any photos of your frame work? That will be our next challenge. Not sure what you mean re: the bed. Our plan is to simply to have a full wall-to-wall bed, no seats, no seat cushions. How do you make that "bigger"? Thanks,

Tom
Old 03-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #8

Registry
Because the kitchen is moved further forward the bed can be wider by 18" at the head side the foot side is still the same size. All the plans are in my head and noting is on paper. If you click on my name and go into my gallery you can see some of the pics I have posted so far. OOPS I have said too much I want to do the big reveal at the Rally LOL.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #9

Manitoba
Two questions: what kind of car are you towing with in that photo? I assume it's a 4 cylinder something? Also, if you move the kitchen "forward", doesn't that interfere with a front dinette concept?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #10

Registry
It is a Pontiac G6 with a 3.5L V6. The front kitchen eliminates the front bunks which were missing when I bought the camper. All I got was the 2 back bench's and the closet. I have to make everything else, but that's a good thing as I have a vision and did not need any of the rest anyway.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #11

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I think I'm in Rick. the date finally works for us. My Surfside is a front kitchen and I love it. I do something new every year and this year is a new fresh water tank. well maybe new drapes too... want them to go all the way around - 16ft of track
Scott
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #12

Registry
Great Scott I will add you to the list. Let me know what site you will be in once you register and let me know how many people in your group. I would suggest registering right away on April 1st.

Rick
Old 03-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #13

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
Can't wait. See you all there!!
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #14

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
Hi We have had a 1974 Boler for about 10 years, but have never been to a rally, What do we need to know? We live in NW Ontario about 5 hours away.
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:10 AM   #15

Registry
Hi Anita. Make your reservation and bring something for the Potluck supper and any old parts you don't need for a swap meet during the trailer tour. And be prepared to meet a lot of nice people.
Dates: August 16 to 18, 2013
Location: St Malo Provincial Park; located 45 minutes South of Winnipeg and 45 minutes North of the Canada/USA border on Highway 59. This park has a nice beach area along with hiking and biking trails. There are modern washrooms and showers and the small town of St Malo is within one mile.

We will be using Bay 11 for electrical and Section A for Non-electrical again this year for the Rally. This is a popular park in Southern Manitoba so please make your reservations as early as possible so that some people will not be in other areas of the park like last year.
Reservations at the Parks Website will start on Monday April 1st, 2013 at 7:30am the link to the reservation site is http://prs.gov.mb.ca/
If you plan to attend the event please see the RALLY CALENDAR on the http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/ website and RSVP to me as this site has changed a few things and not allowing it to be set up the way we did last year.
Thank you from your hosts
Rick Mooyman rick.mooyman@shaw.ca
Roland Hoffman
Old 03-24-2013, 05:14 AM   #16

Registry
Hi Brian, with 2+ feet of snow in the yard it is hard to imagine that summer is supposed to be on the way. Took a peek inside my Boler and had a look at everything I still have to do before August. It is still an empty shell with some framework for the new front kitchen and modified the rear bed to be wider. Will pull it into the garage once the pile of snow in front of the Boler melts enough to get it out of its winter parking spot.

I cant wait either.

Rick
Old 03-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #17

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
Haha. As much as I can't wait for camping season, I have to admit that I'm enjoying the snow. This is one of the best years I can remember for snowmobiling.
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #18

Registry
I HATE winter and cant wait for it to be over.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #19

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
I can't wait for all the snow to be gone. This makes me want to be camping NOW!!!!
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #20

Name: Brian and Lil
Trailer: 1979 Boler Gaucho Model
Manitoba
Registry
Mrs Claus (Lil) and Santa (Brian) will be there. Must remember my harmonicas this year. Also must remember to have something good for Pot Luck. It was great last year. Perhaps we could have a list created of what is needed and what people may bring so we do not duplicate too many dishes. Looking forward to our great campfires
Brian Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally