ON 2013, May 24-26: Egg Fest Ontario (Grafton, Ontario) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #21

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Vivian,
They have a map on their website. What is the general location of the group and what sites are you talking about for the overflow? I've asked them about pets. Do you know if they have any policies / rules?
Roy
We have the four short rows right behind the main building and part of the 5th row down by the sports field. Those are all "share" sites. We also have sites 88 to 91 (single trailers only) in front of the main building and that makes up our 50. I only have 50 buttons and once those sites are gone and the buttons are gone, that's all the registrations I'll be taking. If anybody else comes beyond my list, they also have 4 single trailer sites 74 to 77 just right of our four single sites and then it'ls pot luck I'm afraid. The campground won't be taking reservations for EggFest until I give them our list of who and where in late April. Then they will know what they have left.

Their pet policy is pretty standard, and we do have people coming with pets. They are expected to keep them on their own site and on leashes at all times etc. etc. Most of the people with bigger dogs have asked for single sites, being mindful of their neighbours if they shared a site. Because we are
sharing the bigger sites, it will be cozy camping with all it's required courtesy's. I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if you want to come.
Vivian & Paul
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #22

Name: Dave
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
We have the four short rows right behind the main building and part of the 5th row down by the sports field. Those are all "share" sites. We also have sites 88 to 91 (single trailers only) in front of the main building and that makes up our 50. I only have 50 buttons and once those sites are gone and the buttons are gone, that's all the registrations I'll be taking. If anybody else comes beyond my list, they also have 4 single trailer sites 74 to 77 just right of our four single sites and then it'ls pot luck I'm afraid. The campground won't be taking reservations for EggFest until I give them our list of who and where in late April. Then they will know what they have left.

Their pet policy is pretty standard, and we do have people coming with pets. They are expected to keep them on their own site and on leashes at all times etc. etc. Most of the people with bigger dogs have asked for single sites, being mindful of their neighbours if they shared a site. Because we are
sharing the bigger sites, it will be cozy camping with all it's required courtesy's. I hope that answers your question.

Let me know if you want to come.
Vivian & Paul
Here's the Map

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 2.34.44 PM.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	55456
dylemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #23

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylemma View Post
Here's the Map

Attachment 55456

I already have that map. I just confirmed today with the campground that we are up to 46 and can't take any more than 50. Site 46 is available as a share site or sites 88 & 89 so that's it. Sites 74 and 75 may be available because both those people have indicated they may not be able to come. However, until they cancel I'm not sure.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #24

Registry
Dave, you are on shared site 44.
Vivian
Old 03-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #25

Registry
REMINDER/NOTICE;
The camp sites at Cobourg East are 30 amp, so be sure to bring a 15/30 converter to plug your 15 am trailers into. Also, since most of you are sharing a site, water and picnic table, a hose splitter for the tap, and an extra folding table or a couple of TV tables for extra space, if you have any would be a good idea.
Only a couple of months now!!! Yipee!!!
See y'all in May
Old 04-30-2013, 06:13 AM   #26

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Getting the trailer ready looking forward to the meet .
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #27

Registry
We were supposed to leave for Mew Lake up in Algonquin this past Sunday for our first trip of the season, but the ice is still in the lakes and the flooding is wide spread, so we've had to cancel for two weeks. Hoping the black flies don't hear about the changer of plans.
We are going down to check out the campground for EggFest either tomorrow or Thursday as it's been years since I was there. Everything is packed in boxes that I think we need to take, so hopefully we are well prepared. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
V & P
Old 05-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #28

Registry
A message for all of you who intend to come to EggFest at Cobourg East Campground. We just inspected the campground today and it's a very nice, clean campground - quite roomy with good facilities. I have left a sheet with the office so just check in and they will give you your site numbers when you arrive. You will pay the office when booking in. Paul & I (EggHeadQuarters??) will be on site 57. Come check in with us as well to get your buttons etc.
PS: I have a sample of the 2014 TShirts so you can see next year's logo!
The main area sites we have are all pull-through's so for the first party arriving, please make sure you only take up half the site. There is off-site parking if your two units won't fit along with your vehicles.
For the 8 of you requesting single sites, there is no such problem.
We have the pavillion for Friday night (in case of rain) and site 39 for our bonfire. We have the pavillion for our Saturday "Bring Your Own Supper" and after party (in case of rain) as well or again site 39 for our bonfire. I will be looking for somebody to go around and take up a collection to buy some firewood for the two nights as moving firewood is now not allowed.
Bring your 15-30 amp converters and a hose splitter for the main area sites. Also your baby picture if you want to go in that contest and anything you want to put for sale Saturday morning.
Bring whatever you wish to eat for our Saturday Supper - which is a "bring-your-own" same as last year.
This is cozy camping in a lovely campground so be ready to have some fun. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in three plus weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vivian & Paul
God Bless/Dieu Vous Benisse
EggFestOntario2013.blogspot.ca
Old 05-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #29

Registry
For those of you using GPS, the address to the campground is 253 Benlock Road, Grafton, Ontario, K0K 2G0.
Benlock runs off of Highway 2 just east of Grafton. Turn south on Benlock and look for the campground (after you cross a couple of bridges) on your right.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #30

Registry
I've been asked for an Agenda for EggfestOntario so here it is.
AGENDA - 2013
On arrival check in at the office and pay for your site. They will give you your site number.
Once settled in, come to site # 57 - EggFest HeadQuarters, register with us, pick up your souvenir button, get your 50/50 tickets to help offset the costs of EggFest, submit your baby pictures if you brought them, check out the book fair (bring a book, take a book) & say hello! Vivian & Paul Parkin are your hosts, Rosellen Schier & Mel Lord are our assistants and we welcome you to our second annual Ontario EggFest. Those of you who have ordered T-Shirts can pick up and pay for them at site #64 from Karen & Brian Owens.
Friday - night after supper bring your voices and/or instruments for a sing-a-long. Bonfire will be on site #39 or if it rains, come to the pavilion around 7:30. The pavilion will also be open if anybody wants to play cards.
Saturday - Dave Clapp will be holding an “egg” question & answer seminar on site #89 around 11am. Join him to share any problems and/or solutions to “egg” problems you may have.
The mini-house tour/yard sale/visitation will begin around 10am. See what other EggFesters have done with their Eggs. Meet new and old friends. Set out anything you have to trade or sell.
In the afternoon, join us for Ring Toss and any other games anybody has brought. You are also free to tour the area, visit Presqu’ile Provincial Park just a short drive south of Brighton or spend a lazy afternoon visiting. For those of you from last year - sadly we have been unable to book Bagpipers this year!!
At 5:00 PM, Please join us as we have our “Bring Your Own Supper” at the pavilion. After supper we want to thank the people who have donated time, money, door prizes and effort to make this work, and all of you who have joined us. Dave Ashcroft & Norm LeBlanc volunteered to look after door prize draws, we’ll have the 50/50 draw, announce the baby contest winners, and the Saturday Night Jam Session will start either in the pavilion or on site #39. You can also chose to play cards at the Pavilion again.
Sunday - For those of you leaving us today, please be sure to say goodbye and have a safe trip home.
The logo for 2014 is already done & the decision on whether to stay here or find another place in 2014 should be firmed up by then.

Vivian & Paul Parkin
Old 05-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #31

Registry
Still room

We have had a couple of cancellations so we have a shared site left that can handle two trailers.
Let me know.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
For those interested, I have posted a number of photos from EggFest Ontario 2013 at my webpage.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #33

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
We just got back from Eggfest. From my perspective, the event was a success. Thankyou to everyone who was involved in organizing. The campground proved to be excellent too. If anyone is passing through on a solo adventure, this campground is definitely worth considering. We are definitely considering attending next year. My trailer was a little bit spartan this year, but with a year to work on it, it'll be much more refined.

Derek
glamourpets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #34

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
Excellent photos, Jon! I love the campfire shots!

Wonderful rally, fun, friends, a good time!
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #35

Registry
Thanks Jon. We haven't even unpacked yet but I will peruse the pics shortly.
Hope you enjoyed your visit with us.
Vivian & Paul
Old 05-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #36

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Jon, I was thinking of posting a few of my picture, but yours have mine beaten all hollow. Thanks for a quick and wonderful record of a wonderful rally. Des
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #37

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1973 Boler
Ontario
Great time I can't wait for the next one. My wife wants to go to the next one.
k.2fewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #38

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Hey, post away! The more the merrier.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:33 AM   #39

Registry
Wow! Thank you everybody for coming and making our 2nd EggFest a success. Paul and I really enjoyed the weekend and we hope you all had a safe trip home. The campground is set for next year as they were very pleased with us.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:38 AM   #40

Registry
EggFestOntario2013

Here are a couple of pics of the event. Please send me anything you have.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 009.jpg   2013 019.jpg  

2013 001.jpg