ON 2013, May 24-26: Egg Fest Ontario (Grafton, Ontario) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
2013, May 24-26: Egg Fest Ontario (Grafton, Ontario)

NEWS FLASH!!
EGGFESTONTARIO2013;
We are NOT going to be at Beavermead in Peterborough due to circumstances beyond our control. The new location for EggFestOntario2013 is Cobourg East Campground , near Grafton, Ontario, between Cobourg and Brighton. It has easy access from the 401 highway or from highway #2.

They can handle all of us but will probably have to put two trailers to a site, sharing hydro. You will pay when you arrive, but I need you to confirm you are coming as I have to submit a list of campers to the campground, so please let me know, not the campground. The price will be between $25 and $30 per night per trailer, payable by Visa, Mastercard or Cash. They do not have a debit machine, but there is a cash machine in the village of Grafton.

Unless you advise differently I will book you to arrive on the Friday, for two nights. Some of us are coming in Thursday and staying until Monday. If you wish to team up with someone else to share a site please let me know otherwise the campground will assign your site. If you prefer to pay the extra and have a site to yourself, it may be in a bit different area.

Campground facilities include: - two washrooms, free showers, laundry, games room, library, sports fields, fishing and we will have use of the Rec Hall for our Saturday evening supper and social time. We will have a bonfire area and they sell the wood.

Nearby facilities: - two golf courses, a par three and a larger one just minutes from the campground. The towns of Cobourg and Brighton just down the road with shopping and Cobourg has a mall. There are theatres and other tourist attractions in the area.

Your EggFetOntario organizers do not charge a registration fee but will be running a 50/50 draw to pay our expenses for printing, door prizes, etc. So please check in at EggFest Welcome Centre to pick up your souvenier button, tickets, registration sheet etc.
Please Bring:- your baby pictures for the guessing contest, books for the book trade and any items you want to trade or sell at the Saturday yard sale/mini house tour. We will have a campfire Friday and Saturday nights so bring your voices and instruments along.
We are going to repeat the “bring your own supper” meal for Saturday night, also 50/50 draw, door prizes. I will be sending out an agenda some time in April.

If your name is already on my list, you will not lose your reserved button, but you must confirm your attendance under these new circumstances. Also I have someone who is thinking of doing some T-Shirts but is not sure of the interest. Please let me know, so I can advise him.

Thank you.
Vivian & Paul Parkin

Golfing in the area:
Shelter Valley Pines (now 18 holes) 905-349-3427;
Shelter Valley Creek 905-349-3003.

Cobourg East Campground
253 Benlock Road
Grafton Ontario, K0K 2G905-349-2594
Ceccamp@eagle.ca
From the west-Exit 487 from 401, Lyle Street, CR 23. Left onto #2
Rt onto Calnan Road, lst right onto Benlock, Camp is on the right.
From the east, get off at Colborne exit and go right on #2, left onto Calnan etc.
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #2

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
Egg event

do you have dates for this event??
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #3

Registry
Yes I guess dates would help. I just realized I forgot to include them. It's the 24/25/26 of May. Some people are also coming in on the Thursday and a few are staying over the Sunday night but the event if basically Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Send me an email at
layneparkin@gmail.com if you would like to come.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #4

Name: Bill
Trailer: 13' Boler 1976
Ontario
Thank you Vivian and paul for replying to my email yesterday. Barb and I are new to Bolers and very much looking forward to meeting fellow Bolers in Cobourg.
Bill Okanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #5

Registry
Don't forget to bring your baby picture if you can for the guessing contest. The "bring your own" supper is on Saturday night between 5 & 5:30. Campfire sing-a-long both Friday & Saturday nights. Log-in and BookTrade at EggFest Headquarters. Mini-house tour and yard sale plus Dave Clapp's "problem solving Seminar" Saturday morning.
Bill & Barb Okanik are registrants #40, so we're filling up fast and I only have 50 buttons, so first 50 get them. Bizzian.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #6

Name: Bill
Trailer: 13' Boler 1976
Ontario
Thanks Bizzian
Bill Okanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #7

Registry
We are ALMOST full. The campground has a couple of other areas so we may be able to utilize them but for now we can take about two or three more and that's it.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #8

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Egg Fest 1012

I just found the pictures lost in our computer from last years egg fest in Kingston that Elinor took . 600 mega bites of pics and a few vids . What should I do with them ? Here are a few samples.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0415.jpg   DSCN0416.jpg  

DSCN0417.jpg  
Old 02-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #9

Registry
Can you put them on a CD and bring them to EggFest in May?
Otherwise, if you use Picasa, you can just email them to me.
Vivian
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #10

Name: Dave
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
We've never been to one of these before we are really looking forward to it. We are interested in knowing how many have signed up etc. Can we do a roll call?
dylemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #11

Name: Connie
Trailer: Shopping for Mini Camper
Arizona
When is the 2013 Ontario Eggfest?

Hi, I'm a new Egg owner and would love to get involved with a group of fellow travelers. Any info on groups or advice on rving in an egg, would be appreciated.
conbern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylemma View Post
We've never been to one of these before we are really looking forward to it. We are interested in knowing how many have signed up etc. Can we do a roll call?
We have about 44 trailers indicating they are coming. If you go to my blog at
Bizzian's Place -
you can see a list of who is coming. I am updating it today to add the last couple or two. Just copy and past this address into your browser and all the info is there.
Vivian
Old 02-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by conbern View Post
Hi, I'm a new Egg owner and would love to get involved with a group of fellow travelers. Any info on groups or advice on rving in an egg, would be appreciated.
Your best bet is to find a rally near you and join up. There are lots of "experts" there to help with any problems you may have. There are rallys all over and at all times too. Ours is near Grafton Ontario the last weekend of and called EggFest. We are having a Q&A guy there for the weekend.

There is one in July in Longbeach Conservation Area, near Niagara called Ontario bolerama. Also the Atlantic meet is in July in Baddeck NS. We hope to hit that one. Quebec bolerama is in September near Drummondville and we usually go to that one because the weather is cooler.

On this website if you go to the Rally Calendar, they are mostly all listed for Canada and USA with links. There are threads on here also with all kinds of advice so welcome aboard and hope to see you at one of the rallies. (We still have room for a couple more at EggFest!).
Bizzian
Old 02-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #14

Arizona
How do I registar for the Eggfest.

Hi - I can`t seem to find registation information for the 2013 Eggfest. I guess I`m really new at this and surely don`t know the ropes. I would really like to participate. Who do I call or email to get myself registared?

I did find the Bizzian Place Blog and tried the e-address on that site, but the email failed to be delivered.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #15

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
connie---you are of course welcome, but you do realize that this rally is quite a distance from arizona, right? ontario, canada. it's a long drive for us, 14 driving hours, but nowhere near what it'd be for you!!

however, we'd love it if you did make it!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #16

Arizona
Hi Theresa,
I'm only in AZ for the winter and will be home in Brackenridge by the time of the Eggfest. I plan to Use the trailer to see the Country and as cottage in the. Summers.
Thanks for the Welcome and hope to see you there. Just have figured out how to register.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #17

Name: rick
Trailer: 1999 casita spirit deluxe 17 foot
Ontario
Just letting everyone know thats not the long weekend in may. Its the weekend after
greendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #18

Registry
Hi Connie. Just email me at layneparkin@gmail.com with your name(s), make of trailer, contact email or phone, name and year of unit and let me know if you are coming in on Friday or the Thursday. I have one share site (two trailers to a site) left or a couple of singles on the other side of the office, so let me know which you prefer. Shared sites are around 23 or 4 dollars while singles are around 30. I will put your name on my list and give it to the campground in early May, so all you have to do then is show up and they'll have you listed at the office.
Welcome aboard and I hope to hear from you. I'll have to check my email address on the blog to see why it doesn't work.
Thanks Theresa for updating her on where and what.
Thanks Rick, you are right - it is always on the AMERICAN long weekend, the weekend after our long weekend.
See y'all there.
Bizzian
Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #19

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by conbern View Post
Hi - I can`t seem to find registation information for the 2013 Eggfest. I guess I`m really new at this and surely don`t know the ropes. I would really like to participate. Who do I call or email to get myself registared?

I did find the Bizzian Place Blog and tried the e-address on that site, but the email failed to be delivered.

Thanks
Connie your email did get through. No idea what happened. You are registered and I've sent you a confirming email. Just let me know about the shared site or single site.
Thanks
Old 02-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #20

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Vivian,
They have a map on their website. What is the general location of the group and what sites are you talking about for the overflow? I've asked them about pets. Do you know if they have any policies / rules?
Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote