OR 2013, Oct. 10-13: Fall NOG – Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #61

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
As it turns out, I'm picking it up tomorrow.
Cool beans!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #62

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
Out of the hospital -- Doctors say "Go!"

Bill and Jacquie G. will be in A13.
We will arrive Wed. the 9th and depart Sun. the 13th.
We will bring a big table (72" X 30")

Happy Birthday, Donna D. :-)
Bill and Jacquie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #63

Thanks Bill and Jacquie. Birthdays are good... the more you have the longer you live

What will you be towing this trip?

The table will be much appreciated! If you have room, please pack in some
Old 09-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #64

Name: Sheryl
Trailer: '99 Casita 17'LD
Montana
Registry
If I can sneak out of work early on Wednesday, we hope to be there soon enough Friday to find a campsite. Not stressed about that as I am sure we will, and I am looking forward to a roadtrip! Finding a site is secondary!!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl View Post
If I can sneak out of work early on Wednesday, we hope to be there soon enough Friday to find a campsite. Not stressed about that as I am sure we will, and I am looking forward to a roadtrip! Finding a site is secondary!!
love your attitude!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #66

Name: Terry
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Washington
Registry
Hi Donna
We are wanna be's and would like to stop in Saturday, meet some folks and visit/see some eggs if that would be alright. We are staying in Cannon Beach and would arrive in the park about 9 AM. We are also curious what you folks do at these meets. Any we haven't posted before so hopefully you will see this and we will hear back.
Thank you ---- T@D
TADinVanUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #67
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl View Post
Tell us, are you bringing your Boler or your Casita? Our decision was to bring our Boler
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #68

Name: Shannon
Trailer: 2002 Scamp 13' Std, Honda CRV
Washington
Hi Donna,

I just booked A43 -- coming in Wed 10/9 and leaving Sun 10/13.

Thanks
Shannon
Shannon Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:50 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by TADinVanUSA View Post
Hi Donna
We are wanna be's and would like to stop in Saturday, meet some folks and visit/see some eggs if that would be alright. We are staying in Cannon Beach and would arrive in the park about 9 AM. We are also curious what you folks do at these meets. Any we haven't posted before so hopefully you will see this and we will hear back.
Thank you ---- T@D
Of course you're welcome to come look and meet up! Wouldn't have it any other way. You need to know, there are no organized events, other than a couple of meals. Folks spend lots of time relaxing, chatting and walking on the beach. You'll need to be proactive in approaching people if you wish to view their trailer. AND, we're camping... so they won't be as "staged" as when there are official trailer tours. Keep an eye on this thread. I'll be posting the doings at the end of the week.

I'll get the participants list and map updated this even for the recent postings!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #70

Name: Sheryl
Trailer: '99 Casita 17'LD
Montana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
Tell us, are you bringing your Boler or your Casita? Our decision was to bring our Boler
Ian, we are bringing the Casita. Have decided to part with the Boler (very sad to see it go, but just not practical to have two sitting in the yard!). Besides, the Boler has been West before--the Casita hasn't!!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #71
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
We are hoping the Government shutdown will not affect our boarder crossing or the campground. Can anyone shed some light on this subject to this hopeful Canadian searching for information
Old 10-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
We are hoping the Government shutdown will not affect our boarder crossing or the campground. Can anyone shed some light on this subject to this hopeful Canadian searching for information
I didn't even think about that. Even with everything up and running, we don't exactly have closed borders <_<. When are you leaving for the West? I don't think this will go on for very long... but, I've been known to be wrong about a number of things.

Anyone have any info for Ian?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #73
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I didn't even think about that. Even with everything up and running, we don't exactly have closed borders <_<. When are you leaving for the West? I don't think this will go on for very long... but, I've been known to be wrong about a number of things.

Anyone have any info for Ian?
The great thing about bringing your trailer is no matter what happens or where we may get stopped we have a cozy placve to sleep.
We plan on leaving next Wednesday morning and taking 2 days to drive there (close to 900 miles). I figured that the Government shitdown should be settled before we leave but wanted your opinions well in advance.

Will the park / campground be affected? Is the park state run or Federal?

Thanks Donna
Old 10-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #74

It's a state park Ian, unless you're going camping someplace else in Manzanita. Nehalem Bay State Park
Old 10-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #75

Name: Bob
Trailer: Scamp
Fulltimer West of the Rockies
I'm in Seattle visiting my son and his wife and I was thinking of stopping by but it looks like all that is available is one evening on the 10th if I am looking at the reservation site correctly.
bobflhtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #76

Bob, by reservations that's probably true. However, B, C, D and E loops are first come, first serve and the park is very large. They open each loop as needed. I don't believe you wouldn't get a site.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #77

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG.

I have some raffle items to give away... BUT YA GOTTA WEAR A NAME TAG to get one. Please wear it all the time. We have some new folks to the NOG... it seems like the polite thing to do.

No-host hot dog roasting fire going at my site on Friday night. This is not a potluck, bring what you need. Fire will be roaring, come by anytime after 5pm. And the biggy:

CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
7PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT
This is an "opener" event.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please bring your lawn chair and join us anyway. Beer is secondary to the good times we'll have around the NOG campfire.

Saturday potluck at my site 6pm. BUT, does anyone have a folding table they can bring? One picnic table isn't going to hold everything...

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #78

Name: Terry
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Washington
Registry
Greetings
We have been watching the news and for our neighbors up north rest easy, they are assuring everyone the borders are open and will not be effected with the shutdown. So safe travels think positive and we will have sunshine.
TADinVanUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #79
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TADinVanUSA View Post
Greetings
We have been watching the news and for our neighbors up north rest easy, they are assuring everyone the borders are open and will not be effected with the shutdown. So safe travels think positive and we will have sunshine.
Fantastic news
I have been following the news and you information matches what we understood, it is great to hear. Sun is also good, been cool up north hear with lots of snow in the mountains. As a safety precaution I installed the snow tires on our 4Runner today just in case the passes have some snow or ice Fall NOG here we come.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #80

I just checked the 10 day trend for Manzanita... couldn't wait Doesn't look too bad at all, althought it IS 71 degrees there right now. I'll post again Wednesday morning before I leave.
Attached Thumbnails
Manzanita-01.jpg  

Tags
fall