OR 2013, Oct. 10-13: Fall NOG – Northern Oregon Gathering - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #1

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
2013, Oct. 10-13: Fall NOG – Northern Oregon Gathering

The Fall NOG is headed to the beach once again! Precisely Nehalem Bay State Park (Manzanita area). 95 miles west of Portland on Hwy 101.
Click image for larger version

Name:	NB_MapDirections.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	54208

I'll put the same details on the CasitaForum.

Once you make reservations (or have questions) feel free to post here or on the CasitaForum... please don't post the same info in both places... I have a short memory .

Nehalem Bay State Park The rates for Discovery Season are $20 for electric & water per day. Make reservations through ReserveAmerica or call ReserveAmerica at 1-800-452-5687 (during regular business hours).

This year, all loops are open for reservations! I've chosen site D21 coming in on Wednesday (9th) and leaving on Sunday (13th). Last Spring I walked the entire campground several times. A Loop is nice, but lots of shade on the outside edges. (I want SUN). Those on the inside had sun, but lots of wind. Check out the picture of my Fall site :

Name:	SiteD21.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	54209

Because I've chosen an outside D loop site, it appears to be part of E loop. There are restrooms and beach access.. Cool!

Name:	Map.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	54210

As usual, I'll keep a park map updated and a list of names going for those that have made reservations, on the CasitaForum.

Click for campground map

Click for entire brochure

Check out the site pics, this link will take you to D01. You can either click through each site in D loop or enter a four-digit code in the URL to go to a particular site. I used D021 to view site D21: Nehalem Bay State Park D001 - Nehalem Bay State Park Campsite Photos - campsitephotos.com

We'll fill in details about the doin's when we get closer to October.

Ready. Set. GO!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #2

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Hey Donna,
D/E loop looks nice. Much more room for us without having to squeeze in with the Yurts or beg them to open B loop for reservations! I think we'll take D27. I love that website with pics of all the campsites. They must be related to Reserve America...

Can't wait to go camping - we had to go and sit in the Casita this week to get our fix!

Dave & Kathie

Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #3

Name: Sharen Heath
Trailer: Our current Cramper is a 2005 PLEASURE-WAY
Washington
Well Blimey!
Thinking we'd be returning to A loop as in NOGs past, last week some of us already registered there, anticipating Donna's post. But Donna you did a switch-a-roonie on us! (Man plans; Goddess laughs!) Simon and I had reserved A-33, which looks open enough to catch some Autumn sun. But I dunno. I suppose we could change to D loop. We love Nehalem no matter what... and change is good for the brain, dur.

I think we're going to switch to D loop.
Stay tuned.

Well, I thru ReserveAmerica.com, where I made my original reservation, I filled out their "transfer/change a reservation" form asking to cancel A-33 and to replace it with D-30. I dunno... we'll see if it "sticks" by tomorrow, a regular biz day. I'm trying, sigh.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #4

Name: Laura & Rick
Trailer: Had an Escape 21 ft
Washington
We'll be at site D-33, arriving on the 9th.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #5

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathGal View Post

I think we're going to switch to D loop.
Stay tuned.
Let me know how it works out Sharen Looks like a few other people were so excited they got reservations in A loop and I threw them a LOOP by changing it up. But, HEY... this is the NOG. Folks should pick sites they find pleasing... it may be a hike or a drive for the potlucks, etc. but we know everything works out...
Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #6

Name: Sharen Heath
Trailer: Our current Cramper is a 2005 PLEASURE-WAY
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Let me know how it works out Sharen Looks like a few other people were so excited they got reservations in A loop and I threw them a LOOP by changing it up. But, HEY... this is the NOG. Folks should pick sites they find pleasing... it may be a hike or a drive for the potlucks, etc. but we know everything works out...
Successfully switched, now SHAREN & SIMON & TRUE are in D-30.
Thanks Donna. We'll see you in April, then again at Bullard's, and finally at Nehalem... what gypsies we all are!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #7

Name: Dan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft "Siesta"
Oregon
Registry
Dan and Dawn will be in Site D25. I'm looking foreword to the sunny weather I forecast for that day.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #8

Oregon
Got Sharen & Simon and Danny & Dawn!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
I just reserved site E39
A bit of a drive but a great way for us to end the 2013 camping season and meet all the "west coaster's"
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #10

Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1985 Bigfoot 19 w gaucho bed
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The Fall NOG is headed to the beach once again! Precisely Nehalem Bay State Park (Manzanita area). 95 miles west of Portland on Hwy 101.
Attachment 54208

This year, all loops are open for reservations! I've chosen site D21 coming in on Wednesday (9th) and leaving on Sunday (13th).

We'll fill in details about the doin's when we get closer to October.

Ready. Set. GO!
I reserved D 24 right across the road from you Donna, and from Chuck and Deb in D 23. Looking forward to being at the beach.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #11

Name: Laura & Rick
Trailer: Had an Escape 21 ft
Washington
Any of you that have reservations in the D loop should have received the following email:

================================================== =============================

Dear Nehalem Bay State Park Customer,

The site you reserved was available due to a system error and is actually closed for the season
during your scheduled stay.

Please call Reservations Northwest as soon as possible to let us know which site you would like to
move to.

If we do not hear from you by 3 pm this Friday, March 8th we will change your reservation to a
comparable site in a loop that is open.

You may contact Reservations Northwest Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm at 800-452-5687.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you will continue to use Oregon State
Parks for your outdoor camping and recreation needs.

Sincerely,

Robert Neugebauer
Oregon State Parks
Reservations Northwest

================================================== ===============================

You will need to contact Reservations Northwest by this coming Friday with your choice of a new camping site.
If you do not contact by this Friday, Reservations Northwest will assign you to a site.

This message also posted on CasitaTravelTrailer forum.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Yes I got the email and took a chance.

Looking at the map of available sites loop "B" looked like it had the most sites together

I have reserved B36, so all I can hope it that ya'all decide to use B loop
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #13

Oregon
It's too late for me to call today. I too have looked at the sites and will be calling first thing in the morning. Once I have my CHANGED site secured, I'll post here and at the CasitaForum. I'll need everyone's updated information for the map and participants list.

Sigh.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #14

Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1985 Bigfoot 19 w gaucho bed
Washington
I saw that message today too but too late to call. Glad I checked here to see where everyone was going to re-book. Loop B. I'll re-post with new site too.

Tags
fall