Old 05-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #15

Name: emily
Trailer: 2010 SCAMP
Georgia
PS. I have site # 87 15-20

M

Old 05-09-2013, 04:22 AM   #16

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozierjd View Post
Dennis the Menace and his much younger and better looking partner, Judy, will be on #91 16th through 21st, just 3 days after hiking a 50 mile section of the App Trail with my son and grandson(all 3 Eagle Scouts)
We have a Casita named Casper and an Explorer named Eddie w/liscence "CASPULR"
This will our first year at this rally, see all then.
Dennis Ozier, Sullivan, Illinois
Dennis, looking forward to meeting you and Judy and "Casper".
Your adventures on the App Trail will make for some wonderful fireside chat. Hope you will share!

Kip

Old 05-09-2013, 04:58 AM   #17

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pageleigh View Post
Hi Dennis and Judy..can't wait to see you both again. Dennis, hope you and your family have a great time hiking the App Trail. I have also made reservations for Land Between the Lakes October 3-5. I have finally made the decision to go full time for a year. I have set the date of August 1, this summer. I want to travel up the east coast to Maine and then back. Very nervous, have to rent out my house, but the biggie is" What to do with all this STUFF" Reminds me of George Carlin. Also, I wonder if I have lost my mind traveling in a 13' Scamp with no shower and just a portapotty. My kids and friends think I am crazy( I already knew that) but if I don't go now and wait until later, there may not be a later.
Emily, do you go by "M"?

Glad you will be at Cherokee. It amazes Ann and me that we have met so many ladies doing solo camping. And why not?

Wish we had started this "camping" leg of our life earlier while we were better able to do so. I'm just a little bit envious of the soloist and couples that decide to put their "Stuff" aside and see this great country, while their opportunity is there.

"Stuff" comes and goes, but memories last forever!

Kip
Old 05-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #18

Name: emily
Trailer: 2010 SCAMP
Georgia
I sign M and think of myself as M..faster to type. I could not travel this way earlier due to work obligations. I have learned to live on less thru retirement. I also never, and I mean never camped until I bought my Scamp last October. I have always loved to travel and I like the speed of this new lifestyle.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #19

Georgia
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageleigh View Post
I sign M and think of myself as M..faster to type. I could not travel this way earlier due to work obligations. I have learned to live on less thru retirement. I also never, and I mean never camped until I bought my Scamp last October. I have always loved to travel and I like the speed of this new lifestyle.
M,

Seems to me that is takes a lot of courage to take on something so new, like solo camping, at retirement age.

We still have a couple of "anchors" that keep us closer to home than we would like, but are slowly expanding our horizons. Like you, we want to do it while we are still able!

Camping is certainly a lot less expensive than doing hotels and motels and ya get to sleep in your own bed every night. A giant plus is the wonderful people we meet at campgrounds. Egg rallies are beginning to seem more like family reunions.

Kip
Old 05-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #20

Georgia
Registration #11 I think

Just saw the e-mail that we have another registration. He is on site #924.

Welcome Patrick.

I think that brings the number to 11. And working on the 2nd tier of discounts.

Jean has started a spread sheet of folks, and site numbers.

This is starting to look really good!

Kip
Old 05-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #21

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151
North Carolina
Registry
Site #85

Barry and I and our dog Shopcoat plan to be on site #85 for the rally. We will be in our Lil Snoozy. Last year we had a great time even though we were eggless at the time and had to stay in a cabin. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #22

Georgia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieinNC View Post
Barry and I and our dog Shopcoat plan to be on site #85 for the rally. We will be in our Lil Snoozy. Last year we had a great time even though we were eggless at the time and had to stay in a cabin. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

So glad y'all are coming. We look forward to seeing you, Barry, Shopcoat and Snoozie! We will have our 2 furry kids with us, Maggie and Doogie.

Ann and I really admired your grit last year. As I recall, you didn't have a camper yet and there were no cabins available. But you were determined to come and settle for a bunkhouse. Without a kitchen? Then a cabin became available, which you took.

That's how I remember it. Makes a great story even if these facts are somewhat skewed!

Kip
Old 05-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #23

Georgia
Thumbs up

Just got an E-Mail that Rhonda and George are joining us, and registered on site 81.

Kip
Old 05-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #24

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
I now have 14 trailers on the list. When we make 16 we'll all get a 15% discount if all are staying at least 3 nights.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #25

Name: Linda
Trailer: 16' Scamp SD
Georgia
Registry
Jean and Kip,
I finally got off my butt and got registered. Oct 16-20 on site 092...same one as last year. Looking forward to seeing everyone and finding some time to site-see this year. Let me know what I can do to help. Always volunteer, but feel I just get in the way without an assigned duty.
Scamping on Paddle Georgia this year instead of tenting. That should be interesting...
Linda Crowell
Old 05-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #26

Georgia
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaLee View Post
Jean and Kip,
I finally got off my butt and got registered. Oct 16-20 on site 092...same one as last year. Looking forward to seeing everyone and finding some time to site-see this year. Let me know what I can do to help. Always volunteer, but feel I just get in the way without an assigned duty.
Scamping on Paddle Georgia this year instead of tenting. That should be interesting...
Linda Crowell
Linda,

Glad you are joining us. I think you are number 15. So now we are headed for the 15% discount.

Seems to me that you volunteered for, and created, your own assignments last year.

It's those seemingly little things that make these rallies so successful.

Kip
Old 05-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #27

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
We've hit the magic number of 16 reservations so everyone gets 15% off. So far we have:
George & Rhonda (GA), 81
Susie & Barry(NC) 85
Emily (GA) 87
Greg & Jane (SC) 88
Tom & Sharon(NC) 89
Jean(FL)90
Dennis & Judy (IL) 91
LindaLee(GA) 92
James & Lina(NC)93
Ron (TN)94
Dennis (TN)95
Richard & Janet (FL)96
Charlie (NC) 919
Kip & Ann (GA) 920
Frank (SC)923
Patrick (SC) 924

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #28

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Just Signed Up for the October Rally

This is my first post on the website although I have been reading everything on the site for the last 6 months. My wife and I are from Ashland, KY. We attended the Townsend Rally in April to look at all the eggs and then we started shopping. Glad to report that we are now proud owners of a "gently used" 2012 Casita Freedom Deluxe. We are arriving at the rally on October 15 and departing October 21. We are in site #97. Looking forward to meeting everyone.