NC 2013, Oct. 17-20: Cherokee NC in October - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #71

Name: Kd
Trailer: Scamp
SouthEast
Registry
Yay yay yay yay!!!!

Count me in

I just reserved site #700 for Thurs-Sun.

(she did tell me that i was at the end of the rally line backed up to John and his Casita)

I'm going to run to lunch. I'll check back with this thread and get all the info in about an hour.

Jean...i emailed you my info.
Thanks to all that make these rallies happen. I'm sure it can get tedious when it gets close to the date.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #72

Name: emily
Trailer: 2010 SCAMP
Georgia
I have site #87 from the 16th-20th. I also have my Scamp for sale(fiberglassrvforsale). Hope to find a buyer while I am at the rally! Look forward to the rally. Emily

Old 09-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #73

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
This and that!

As of this morning we have a somewhat official count of
61 rigs and 107 folks registered for Cherokee 2013.

"Somewhat official" because some of the singles may actually be couples. And sometimes folks don't notify us they are attending. Last year 2 or 3 Rigs showed up last minute and were not on the "Official" list. So we really don't know how many to expect. But all are welcome and it is going to be great.

If you haven't done so yet, please notify Jean or me, to help our planning and so your name tags will be ready for you. We need Name(s), Home state, Site number, arrival/departure dates.

We know of at least one couple that plan to attend activities, that don't own a camper yet. They are considering an "Egg" for retirement!

Two or more other couples have notified Jean that they will be coming by to see what we and our Eggs are all about.

One Rig (so far) will offer some camping gear, parts, and pieces. Some for sale, and some are free! . This is a great way to find bargains and maybe offer some bargains. So if you have something you just don't need, it may be a treasure to someone else. Please keep it neat and orderly. Your picnic table or under your awning would be good "display" areas.

And if your Rig is for sale, bring a sign!

Keep in mind that planned activities are strictly voluntary. We are just trying to make this a memorable Rally for both seasoned and new folk.

Thanks,
Kip
Old 09-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #74

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
My wife and I always go to the Outer Banks of N.C. each year in October. This year we have decided to attend the Egg Rally in Cherokee. We have been camping for 15 years but this will be our first ever rally. I did let Jean know; Our campsite is 804. However, we are going to come in on the 14th and stay all week. We'll have our Scamp 19' with our two tiny dogs.

Ted and Tricia Smith from N.C. 14th-20th #804
Old 09-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #75

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
I just made a reservation for Friday and Saturday nights, spot 900AB. I am single, but MAY bring my one or more of my two children.

I will be travelling from Raleigh Durham after work on Friday, with possibly a stop to pick up kids, so I will likely arrive late Friday, but will be there all day Saturday and until checkout Sunday.

I went to the Oregon rally in July (without my TT) and had a blast.

I look forwards to meeting you fine folks. Or (as they say down here) "All ya'll". Which is plural of Y'all.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #76

Name: EILEEN
Trailer: in the market
California
Smile

My first post. I do not have a trailer yet, but from visiting this site and reading some of the posts, I am looking forward to getting one and joining in the fun. Hopefully I will have one to share the fun next summer.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #77

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151
North Carolina
Registry
I was in your shoes this time last year, Eileen. I wanted a trailer so bad I could taste it. It will be worth the wait. CA is a long way from Cherokee, but we would love for you to come see us at next year's rally if it works out.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #78

Name: Kd
Trailer: Scamp
SouthEast
Registry
Kip...good to know about selling a few things and setting out some freebies. I have stuff...like my wedding cake lights, my old stove, and lots of chairs. I need to trim down on things I store.

I'm leaving Charlotte early Thursday morn. I'm making a quick stop in Asheville at my grandparents. I'll definitely be going through Maggie Valley about 10-11. If anyone needs anything or you want me to help you do anything or stop for something please drop me a message. I don't mind helping out with something big or small. Anything to make sure it's a no stress long weekend.

(I'd offer to do something but it's my first rally so I don't know what to offer up...but I don't mind being asked...or told lol)
Old 09-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #79

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kd_ View Post
Kip...good to know about selling a few things and setting out some freebies. I have stuff...like my wedding cake lights, my old stove, and lots of chairs. I need to trim down on things I store.

I'm leaving Charlotte early Thursday morn. I'm making a quick stop in Asheville at my grandparents. I'll definitely be going through Maggie Valley about 10-11. If anyone needs anything or you want me to help you do anything or stop for something please drop me a message. I don't mind helping out with something big or small. Anything to make sure it's a no stress long weekend.

(I'd offer to do something but it's my first rally so I don't know what to offer up...but I don't mind being asked...or told lol)
BINGO! Volunteers are a good thing.
So glad you will be joining us!

Last year Jean asked me to get to the Rec House early enough to start getting it ready for the Pot Luck. I was clueless and thought a few minutes early would be good. When I got there, Volunteer ladies were already arranging tables, installing table cloths, organizing the food, etc.. There didn't seem to be a leader. Everyone seemed to instinctively know what to do. Feeling somewhat useless, I asked one if there was anything I could do. She handed me a bag of artificial autumn leaves to spread on the table cloths. When we left the building, it looked as though we had never been there. AMAZING how they (and a lot of men) just did things to make Pot Luck a success !

Something notable from last year. A couple volunteered to host a "Welcome Get Aquatinted" at their campsite on Thursday evening. They went to a lot of work, complete with finger foods under a lighted canopy, and it was a huge success.. ! Several people brought a bundle of firewood to keep the fire suitable as this was on a site on the West Creek and a chilly night.

Your Wedding cake had lights?

Kip

Old 09-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #80

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
LOL. Good one I will also be there on the 14th. #804 if you need anything
Old 09-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #81

Name: EILEEN
Trailer: in the market
California
Thanks for the vote of confidence Susie!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #82

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
Just made reservations for site 101. I think it's been a year or two since I last attended this rally. I'm not sure about who I was supposed to contact for my name tag since its such a late date to get started it may be too late for that.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #83

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
Looking forward to seeing you again Kip . Just been checking out the archive and it looks like you was on site 101, 2 years ago and that is the site I will be on this year. If you remember you messed with me about moving off of site number 924-a to 99. Just out of curiosity are there any more Burros going to be there this year?
Old 10-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #84

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Hawkins View Post
Looking forward to seeing you again Kip . Just been checking out the archive and it looks like you was on site 101, 2 years ago and that is the site I will be on this year. If you remember you messed with me about moving off of site number 924-a to 99. Just out of curiosity are there any more Burros going to be there this year?
Hey Troy,

Glad you are joining us this year.

The date was October 2011. I remember it so well because it was our first time attending a rally. Pouring rain and windy. Multicolored wet leaves sticking to our campers, and covering them with camouflage. Then late on Thursday afternoon, the sun appeared and stayed with us the rest of the time, although the temps were cool/cold at night.

Your silver (Airstream look-alike) Burro was such a hit, that even the owner from Lil Snoozy visited you to get some ideas he could incorporate inside his line of Eggs.

I'm not aware of another Burro attending, but Jane and Greg are registered with their 13" U-Haul, complete with a fireplace! Truly a work of art! Last year it was likely the most "visited" camper at the rally.

Don't worry bout the name tag. Pretty sure there are spares.
What are your arrival/departure dates?

Kip