NY 2013, Oct. 4-6: Copake, NY Fall Egg Rally - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #29

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Smile

We are booked on 103 so were neighbors but we have a 13 foot Uhaul, sounds like its going to be lots of fun, I think I'm going to brings cranberry meatballs that you serve over rice
Mary and bob

Old 06-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #30

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Jean and I making chili dogs.

jack

Old 07-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #31

Name: Lucie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Made the reservation just now! There was still room...looking forward to meeting people and having fun!
Lucie and David O
Old 07-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #32

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Welcome Lucie! Even if we fill up the loop there are several spots close by that we can use for overflow.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #33

Name: Lucie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Having a good time already by the feeling of community here!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #34

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
This Copake rally is about as close as we're gonna get to a bunch of eggs. Could we just come in for a day I wonder? It would be nice to come in for a day and take a look at all the eggs while we're still in decision mode. Copake is directly SE of us, about an hour away.

Thanks!

Frank
Old 07-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #35

Name: David
Trailer: Escape Trailers
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
This Copake rally is about as close as we're gonna get to a bunch of eggs. Could we just come in for a day I wonder? It would be nice to come in for a day and take a look at all the eggs while we're still in decision mode. Copake is directly SE of us, about an hour away.

Thanks!

Frank
As far as I know, you would be welcome. It will be my first FGRV rally.

Look forward to seeing you there,

David
Old 07-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #36

Delaware
Frank, I can't speak for Sue P. or Jim N. but I feel that would be acceptable as most activities take place Saturday. Friday is really arrival and setup and Sunday drag up and leave. Keep your eye on this thread for posts firming up a time slot for an egg open house on Saturday if you really want the Cook's tour. No one can stop you from rubbernecking any time and some campers might be willing to show you their rigs at any time but others might not be available all day Sat. It might be worth the trouble to also talk to some egg owners at the potluck dinner which, if things follow the usual pattern, wil be Sat. evening.

jack
Old 07-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #37

Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We have camped with Frank, and he knows he can look at ours anytime he wants. Any teardrop rally we have been to has not had a specific "open house" set time, everyone just wandered around visiting and looking. That's the attitude we have, if we're at our camper, you're welcome to come in and look. One time we were cooking burgers when visitors showed up, the burgers became hockey pucks because of the distraction and got tossed into the woods. We still laugh about that, the forest critters have to eat too! We had sandwiches for supper that day, meeting new friends is more important than a couple burgers.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:53 AM   #38

New York
Sounds good folks. Maybe we'll come in mid afternoon and bring a dish along, & stay for the pot luck. Thanks!

Frank
Old 07-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #39

New York
Just talked to Chrissie over at the campground. She suggested we come in with day passes Saturday as opposed to dragging our (non-egg) trailer over. We'll see what happens.

Frank
Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #40

New York
Frank, that's an odd response from the campground. I would think they would be happy to rent you a site outside of the loop reserved for the fiberglass units. And if there is a designated time to view the trailers are we supposed to tell other campers there "no you can't look now, come back at the appropriate time"?? Of course what do we know, only done teardrop rallies for the past several years, never been to a fiberglass rally. Next weekend we are doing a vintage trailer rally at a KOA in Vermont, and they do have a designated viewing time but it's for the locals who are not camping there, and there is no admission charge.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #41

New York
Chrissie was very friendly Bob, and I think just suggesting we save a few bucks. I'll talk more with Gail about it, but we do have a working furnace, hot water heater and A/C unit in our '83 14' Sunline, so we can be comfortable about anywhere (plus working stove, oven, toilet, etc). the only thing that worries me about staying there with the camper is it is their "Las Vegas" weekend. I might lose Gail to games...

We'll keep an eye on the forum for designated viewing times, if there is such a thing. I know just from camping with our little trailer that we get enough folks wondering what our trailer is and how it's equipped and laid out!

Frank
Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #42

Delaware
In June 2011, at the egg gathering at Mt Pocono KOA(PA) the organizers allotted a time after dinner Saturday evening for trailer show n tell. In July 2012, at the egg gathering at the KOA near Williamsport PA, the organizer and attendees again agreed to an open house following Saturday dinner, this time with the added wrinkle of halving half the campers visiting and half hosting for a period of time and then switching roles for a second period. I am certain that this arrangement was made to afford a visitation time which would give the highest probability of all owners being present to participate. The instigator of the current rally at Copake is the same gentleman who organized the two earlier rallies and I have assumed that a similar arrangement might be used this time. To my knowledge as an attendee, KOA was on no way involved in this arrangement nor could the KOA management have benefitted from it in any way.

I have a cooperative and biddable nature and just the slightest touch of reticence about extending my personal visiting time to any time I please. I know that impromptu meetings lead to discoveries and friendship. They also lead to burnt hamburgers and politely-repeated assertions that it is no trouble when likely someone has been slightly put upon or put out. I understand the attraction of spontaneity and I also see some advantage to event organization if not regimentation. I am also certain that the arrangement, if made, is voluntary and can be ignored if anyone should wish.

jack

Tags
fall, rally