NY 2013, Oct. 4-6: Copake, NY Fall Egg Rally - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #41

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Chrissie was very friendly Bob, and I think just suggesting we save a few bucks. I'll talk more with Gail about it, but we do have a working furnace, hot water heater and A/C unit in our '83 14' Sunline, so we can be comfortable about anywhere (plus working stove, oven, toilet, etc). the only thing that worries me about staying there with the camper is it is their "Las Vegas" weekend. I might lose Gail to games...

We'll keep an eye on the forum for designated viewing times, if there is such a thing. I know just from camping with our little trailer that we get enough folks wondering what our trailer is and how it's equipped and laid out!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #42

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
In June 2011, at the egg gathering at Mt Pocono KOA(PA) the organizers allotted a time after dinner Saturday evening for trailer show n tell. In July 2012, at the egg gathering at the KOA near Williamsport PA, the organizer and attendees again agreed to an open house following Saturday dinner, this time with the added wrinkle of halving half the campers visiting and half hosting for a period of time and then switching roles for a second period. I am certain that this arrangement was made to afford a visitation time which would give the highest probability of all owners being present to participate. The instigator of the current rally at Copake is the same gentleman who organized the two earlier rallies and I have assumed that a similar arrangement might be used this time. To my knowledge as an attendee, KOA was on no way involved in this arrangement nor could the KOA management have benefitted from it in any way.

I have a cooperative and biddable nature and just the slightest touch of reticence about extending my personal visiting time to any time I please. I know that impromptu meetings lead to discoveries and friendship. They also lead to burnt hamburgers and politely-repeated assertions that it is no trouble when likely someone has been slightly put upon or put out. I understand the attraction of spontaneity and I also see some advantage to event organization if not regimentation. I am also certain that the arrangement, if made, is voluntary and can be ignored if anyone should wish.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #43

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
So the guy who head this up is not coming, are we still doing a potluck and is their any other plans or just a get together of egg campers and take it as it happens
Mary
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #44

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I would REALLY like to come and join you guys for this. Right now and for the foreseeable future I'm juggling weekend trips to Pittsburgh to help my mom and dad, since a couple of weeks ago my dad became pretty ill with lung cancer. Some of you met him at the 2011 Poconos rally - he did a huge amount of work helping me renovate my Burro.

Anyway, I can't predict what that weekend in October will hold, so I'm going to wait-and-see and hope for the best.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #45

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
All the best to your father, Jen. Hope you can keep all the balls in the air and find time for Copake.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #46

Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp 16
New Hampshire
I wish this was a week earlier. I'll be at Limerock Park in CT the week before. Not sure I can justify making the drive two weekends in a row.
chuyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #47

New York
Chris; how long a drive is it to Lime Rock for you? Copake is probably 20 miles or so to the north west. We'll be in NH at Chocorau August 4th to 7th, not sure which trailer though.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #48

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
So sorry guys - I was off grid in Va and couldn't respond earlier.

To clarify - The original organizer of this rally - Jim - has sold his camper and has no rig to join us with as his new Escape will not be ready until fall. I'm happy to jump in and facilitate so that we can still get together. As a native NY'er, I'm excited to have a rally in the Empire State. Eggs are pretty rare up here!

Everyone is welcome to our rallys. If you have an egg, would like an egg, want to see eggs, or have a friend with an egg - please join us. We are all inclusive!

There will be a pot luck on Saturday night and all are welcome. Please bring a dish to share. We don't care what kind of camper you have or if you have one. If you are just looking, you are more than welcome to join us. If you want to come for the day, Saturday would be the day.

We will schedule an egg tour for Saturday afternoon. Time TBA. Participants can open their rigs and share their "mods" (modifications) and sing the praises of their particular model of egg. Of course, anyone can welcome visitors at any time.

We have been to many rallys in several states and have found egg owners to be some of the most friendly and accommodating folks you could ever meet. Whatever you need, just ask. Come for the day or the weekend. We're happy to have you!
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #49

Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp 16
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Chris; how long a drive is it to Lime Rock for you? Copake is probably 20 miles or so to the north west. We'll be in NH at Chocorau August 4th to 7th, not sure which trailer though.
Limerock is 3.5 hours for us. We'll be there September 27-29 for the Grand-Am races. I usually meet up with fellow Mazda owners and we get to meet the drivers and tour the paddocks, sit in the cars, etc etc.

We are going to Twin Mountain KOA on the 19th just for the weekend to get some hiking in. I have vacation time I want to use in August but we have a bunch of local events I need to work around. If we're bouncing around northern NH the week of the 4th I'll see if I can reserve a night at Chocorau and meet up.
chuyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #50

Trailer: 1971 13 ft Trillium / 04 Honda Element
Send a message via AIM to carlyi
Just getting back into the site. This meet up is so close that I may try to make it. Looks like it is about and hour from where I live.
carlyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:23 AM   #51

New York
We just camped with a couple that own a Trillium 4500, asked them to come and they may do so.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #52

NY
Hope you can make it Carlyi - We'd love to see the Trillium!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #53

New York
Smile

Sue, is it possible to put up a list of the people coming and what they have. Need a number when it gets closer for pot luck, thanks
Old 07-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #54

Name: Lucie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
David and I, Lucie will be there...have not figured what to bring for pot luck since this is the first time we do this. If you have a suggestion, I will appreciate it. We have a 17ft Casita that is a 2006 but very new to us! Looking forward to that weekend,
Lucie and David O
Lucie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #55

New York
Well Lucie, I'd like a nice steak and baked potato! But seriously, we've done a lot of potlucks so best to keep it simple. Mary makes some cranberry meatballs in a crockpot that are quite popular so I'm sure they will be our contribution. Others may bring some kind of salad, pasta hot or cold, baked beans, maybe a desert like cake or cookies. A couple times while snow birding in the south last winter we went to the grocery store and got a couple bags of cole slaw for the weekly potluck. Do something that's easy for you, not everyone may take it, but this is not like ordering off a menu. We have never left a potluck hungry. Campground has electric so crock pot stuff is easy, don't think you have to spend all day cooking. our snow bird campground has a very large pot luck turnout, so they do a signup list and categories for what you are bringing, main dish, salad , desert. I don't think we have such a big group that we need to do that. It's usually bring your own beverage, but some will provide coffee.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #56

NY
OK - Here is what I have confirmed so far:

David - Rochester MA - Scamp 5th Wheel
Mary & Bob - NY - U-Haul
John - Oswego NY - Escape
Brian M - NY - Parkliner
Sue and Ed (that's us) Troy NY - Casita
Jean - NJ - Casita
Jack and Jean (Our friend Rabbit and wife from previous rallys) Delaware - Burro
Lucie & David - MA - Casita

If I missed anyone - please pipe up!

There are several "maybe's" and at least one couple that will probably join us on Saturday. I will check in with the campground when we are a few weeks prior to confirm the number of reservations.

In my experience, there are always people who show up last minute, and there is always more than enough food for the pot luck, so don't stress about how many you have to feed. Bring a big bowl of something yummy. It's all good.

We are really looking forward to meeting everyone. There are only a few of you that we have had the pleasure to camp with previously. I am really happy to see so many NY'ers as we rarely see eggs around here. It would be wonderful if we could start a Northeast Egg Rally tradition.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #57

Name: Jean
Trailer: Casita with a Rav 4 tow vehicle
New Jersey
We are really looking forward to it! Just back from Lake George and saw a Scamp and a Casita traveling home from this trip! It is so rare to see eggs in NJ, we cannot wait to be surrounded by them!
Jeanbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #58

Name: Rosemary
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
I plan to attend this rally as a visitor on Saturday, Oct. 5. I do not yet have a trailer and I am very interested in the fiberglass eggs. I welcome the opportunity to see several models in one place. I agree that we just don't see very many in the Northeast (USA). I'm not sure that I can stay for the potluck as my friend and I may be traveling on into New England afterwards. If we can, then we will buy some bread or dessert along the way up.

Thanks for opening this to non-owners.

Rosemary
Seamstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #59

Name: Tim
Trailer: Escape
Rhode Island
We also have reservations for Fri and Sat bringing our Escape 5.0.

Lynne and Tim (Rhode Island)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfar View Post
OK - Here is what I have confirmed so far:

David - Rochester MA - Scamp 5th Wheel
Mary & Bob - NY - U-Haul
John - Oswego NY - Escape
Brian M - NY - Parkliner
Sue and Ed (that's us) Troy NY - Casita
Jean - NJ - Casita
Jack and Jean (Our friend Rabbit and wife from previous rallys) Delaware - Burro
Lucie & David - MA - Casita

If I missed anyone - please pipe up!

OneTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #60

New York
Copake rally

Sounds like we're getting all types fiberglass campers, going to be a good show for people who are out there looking, can't waitwoohoo)

Tags
fall, rally