MI 2013, Sept. 6-8: Michigan Algonac Egg Scramble 2013... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #1

Name: PaulOWindsor
Trailer: 2011 Trillium 1500 & 2002 Airstream 34
Ontario
2013, Sept. 6-8: Michigan Algonac Egg Scramble 2013...

Group : Owing to the tremendous success of the "Algonac Egg Scramble 2012", it appears that there's enough enthusiasm rolling to discuss
repeating the event at the same location, for the same Sept weekend (after Labor Day) in 2013.

We look forward to everyone's contribution in order to build on the accomplishments of AES 2012, to make AES 2013 the best it can be.

Cheers, P.
PaulOWindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #2

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
ok by me. so heres a first idea for next september.

a pig roast!
we can hire a pig roaster, they cook the pig and deliver at the requested time. say 6 pm saturday evening.
add to that our increadable pot luck spred and we feast.

just an idea i have not priced out. could be more then we want to spend.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #3

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Great idea. Should we save the head for you?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #4

Ontario
Hey John : Could we convince them to bring the roaster to the park & do the cooking there ??

That would be kewel if they would !!

P.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOWindsor View Post
Hey John : Could we convince them to bring the roaster to the park & do the cooking there ??

That would be kewel if they would !!

P.
I love your idea, Paul!! And we could have pulled pork on hoagies! What if some people bring in their favorite home made bbq sauce and we have a taste-off? And the prize could be the pig head (just kidding) Another rally that I go to has crock pot night where you can bring a crock pot of food and everyone wanders among the tables, getting samples. We use metal muffin tins for our bowls so we can get multiple samples (on in each muffin cup) before we sit down.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #6

Ontario
How about a vote from everyone as to the best "pig sauce" ??

We have a place here in Windsor called the "TBQ" & that will be my entry !!

Oh & that muffin tin idea is a very good one !!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:10 AM   #7

Michigan
the roaster is on a trailer, they fire it up , and when its time to show up they bring the trialer and all to you. so its pretty much cooked when it gets there.
or i have a pig roaster if we want to spend half a day cooking,,,no one would do that would they?
Old 09-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
I watch the Algonac threads because the SP is so close by, but Whew! you guys wear me out. I guess the planning is at least as much fun as the camping.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #9

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L. View Post
I watch the Algonac threads because the SP is so close by, but Whew! you guys wear me out. I guess the planning is at least as much fun as the camping.
well steve, check the post in the general section and come join us on the 30th for a little fresh air. theres always something going on in one of our local state parks.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #10

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
I'm ready for the 2nd annual Figerglass scrambel, I hope Scouter Dave can make it again. Those of you who did not make it you better add it to your September list of things to do. It was a blast.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:15 AM   #11

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
Question Mich - again!

The dates are marked on the calendar but I can't promise at this time. Too many other dates already marked for '13. However, it's high on the priority list.

Scouter Dave
Old 09-23-2012, 05:40 AM   #12

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter Dave View Post
The dates are marked on the calendar but I can't promise at this time. Too many other dates already marked for '13. However, it's high on the priority list.

Scouter Dave
no problem dave, you will be there even if its just in our hearts.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #13

Registry
John Warren, Let me know what you need help with, I'm in the wings waiting
Old 09-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #14

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1993 Scamp 16ft.
Michigan
My son in law's friend has a roaster on a 4x6 trailer that could be available if you wanted. They roast the pig by splitting it and laying it on the grill. Split, not on a spit. He did one for our 40th that is still being talked about. My leige, Lord of the Monkey Butter, I await your command.

dbob
dbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #15

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Smile

It all sounds so wounderful, I am getting hungery for pulled pork & baked beans.
let us know if we can help
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #16

Registry
...I better start marinating extra gummie bears...
Old 09-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #17

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
If someone confirm the actual dates for this meet and I will add it to the rally map.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #18

Michigan
was at algonac over the weekend for a couple of work days with the dnr sept.28th threw the 30th.
met a couple and their baby camped in nice new casita. told them they missed us by a couple weeks, and explained the event. they were bummed to have missed it , but looking forward to next year. hopefully they will find our site and introduce themselves.
if you found us,,,,a big howdy!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #19

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
If someone confirm the actual dates for this meet and I will add it to the rally map.
don't have a 2013 calendar yet, but its the weekend after labor day, should be second weekend in september i guess.
bet you can look stuff like that up on one of these new fangled watchacallits,,, a compulater?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #20

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Yup John you are right I can and have looked it up and made an assumption based on the info provided but would really like it if the meet orginizer can confirm my assumption re the dates of the meet is correct as I didnt attend the last one so I may be wrong as to when "the same Sept weekend (after labour day)" was before I post the info the the rally map and have a bunch of folks book into the campground only to discover my assumption was incorrect ;-)))
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote