MB 2014, Aug.15-17: Manitoba Fiberglass & Vintage Camper Rally, - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2014, 07:36 PM   #81

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
do we need to pre-register for the pancake breakfast?
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:35 AM   #82

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
No just show up at the time and place which will be posted on the list of activities, which you will receive on the Friday night at the Meet and Greet Campfire.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Storgard View Post
do we need to pre-register for the pancake breakfast?
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #83

Name: nadine
Trailer: 1976 surf side and1978 biggar
Manitoba
Hi Rick , any idea how much to cook for the potluck ? I am wanting to be prepred
nmmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:57 AM   #84

Registry
Hi Nadine. Bring as much as you are comfortable bringing. Some items run out and some have left overs. It really depends on what the crowd likes to eat and being for potluck, you really never know what your going to get until you go down the food line and see what is available.

So far there are 25 Trailers registered and unfortunately not everyone gave me a head count, but my best guess is 51+.

I know it is not the answer you are looking for, but that's how potluck works. Bring your dish of food, your plate and cutlery and what ever you want to drink with your meal and fill your plate with goodies everyone else brought. I am sure you will not go away hungry LOL.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmclean View Post
Hi Rick , any idea how much to cook for the potluck ? I am wanting to be prepred
Old 06-02-2014, 10:14 AM   #85

Name: Illa
Trailer: Predom Prespol N-126 E
Ontario
Hello all
I am very new to this, and would love to come and join you all.
I have a 1976-77 cadet, she is so cute, and we would love to make new friends.
You had said that a few of you are going earlier, pending weather.
How much is the site?
Do we make reservations threw you or threw the web site?
What if something happened and I can't make it at the last min?
Are there spots for "walk ins" ? (For thoes last min planners)
I would really want to come, just have to find a co-pilot
See ya soon
-Eye and Daisy
Illa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #86

Registry
Hi Illa

All the info is posted in the first post of this thread.

We will be using Bay 11 for electrical (NOTE all electrical site are booked already for this weekend) and Section A for Non-electrical again this year for the Rally.

Reservations for St Malo Provincial Park are at the Parks Website, the link to the reservation site is http://prspub.gov.mb.ca/

If you plan to attend the event please make your reservation and then RSVP to me your camp site number, how many people in your party and your year make and model of your camping unit.

Yes Shirley and I will be there from Wednesday August 13th or earlier as we have that whole week off. We will be in Section A Site 9.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illa View Post
Hello all
I am very new to this, and would love to come and join you all.
I have a 1976-77 cadet, she is so cute, and we would love to make new friends.
You had said that a few of you are going earlier, pending weather.
How much is the site?
Do we make reservations threw you or threw the web site?
What if something happened and I can't make it at the last min?
Are there spots for "walk ins" ? (For thoes last min planners)
I would really want to come, just have to find a co-pilot
See ya soon
-Eye and Daisy
Old 06-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #87

Name: nadine
Trailer: 1976 surf side and1978 biggar
Manitoba
Thanks so much Rick , I can't begin to tell you how we are looking forward to this weekend ,now I just have to decide what to make
nmmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:32 AM   #88

Registry
Make something you like and would love to share with the group that is easy to prepare at camp or will not spoil if prepared at home before the event.

Other years there has always been a great mix of food and I don't think anyone ever went hungry.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmclean View Post
Thanks so much Rick , I can't begin to tell you how we are looking forward to this weekend ,now I just have to decide what to make
Old 06-03-2014, 06:22 AM   #89

Just a suggestion/request, it would be helpful if the food was labeled with a little note with a basic description. Some of us have dietary restrictions and that makes it much easier, though I certainly found lots to fill my plate in the last few years
SBracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #90

Name: kevin
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
hello, im kevin and family with a 17 ft boler, we will probably be going to the Morris stardust drive-in on the Thursday night - if its still running, I think they do camping too if anyone wants to go Thursday aswell- if its open
9385kevinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:32 AM   #91

Registry
Hi Kevin. Are you the Kevin that responded to my co-host's ad on KIJIJI?

Are you sure you don't mean the Morden Stardust Drive-in?

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9385kevinl View Post
hello, im kevin and family with a 17 ft boler, we will probably be going to the Morris stardust drive-in on the Thursday night - if its still running, I think they do camping too if anyone wants to go Thursday aswell- if its open
Old 06-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #92

Name: kevin
Alberta
yeah, that's the one- Morden, you know if its still open?, iv never been there but used to go to the one that was in Headingly all the time , and yup Im the one from kijiji
9385kevinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #93

Registry
As far as I can see in the website they are still open and have camping. Stardust Drive-in Morden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9385kevinl View Post
yeah, that's the one- Morden, you know if its still open?, iv never been there but used to go to the one that was in Headingly all the time , and yup Im the one from kijiji
Old 06-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #94

Name: T&K
Manitoba
Boler Open House - Winnipeg, June 22

We’re having a Boler Open House and you’re invited!

<image001.jpg><image002.jpg><image003.jpg>

Who are we?
Tom McMahon, Kelly Klick, Jack Klick, Dianne Klick, Jacob, Patrick and Kendra

What’s the point?
After two years of renovation, we now have the Boler trailer of our dreams to match the Klick family 1953 Mercury pick-up truck (Mercury pick-ups were made and sold only in Canada)! We’ve been blabbing on and on about our Boler for so long, we thought we would let you know it’s finally done! We’re so excited we want to show them off! If you, or anyone you know, is interested in or just curious about old pick-up trucks, old fiberglass trailers or renovation projects, or simply want to say hello, this is your chance to have a look at what we’ve been up to!

What’s a “Boler”?
Boler trailers were invented in Winnipeg by Ray Olecko in the 1968 when he realized that the light-weight septic tanks he was inventing could be turned upside down and put on wheels! Bolers were produced from 1968 to 1988, and several similar fiberglass trailer companies followed. They are named Bolers because they resemble a Boler hat. Ours is a 13 foot, 1975 trailer.

<image004.jpg>

When?

Sunday, June 22 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.

Where?

Fort Rouge Leisure Centre parking lot at 625 Osborne Street and Kylemore

NO NEED TO RSVP. EVERYONE WELCOME.

<image005.jpg> <image006.jpg>
rova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #95

Registry
Less than 2 months to the Event. So far 26 campers registered and 3 maybe's.

Made some more mods to my Boler and still trying to decide what to cover the AYR-FOIL Reflective insulation with.

Rick
Old 07-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #96

Name: T&K
Manitoba
Boler history

I have looked at numerous postings and other sources for Boler history, and consolidated these into a single document. If anyone would like to suggest corrections or additions, please email me at tom.mc@shaw.ca. Or we can chat about it at St. Malo get-together!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf boler_history _3_.pdf (39.8 KB, 7 views)
rova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #97
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Looks very good Tom, I want to read it more carefully that my quick scan but WOW. Looking forward to meeting you and having s chat at the Manitoba event
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #98

Registry
Just a quick update on St Malo. Section A and Bay 11 are all sold out. There are still lots of sites in Sections B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I and J. All are close enough to get to for campfires and the trailer tour.

So far 28 registered campers, but some are shy and don't let me know they are coming and just show up and join the group, which is ok too. Just makes it harder to know who is part of the group for the trailer tour. We are on par with other years so looks like a good group will be coming. Some are newbies and coming to their first Rally. And lots are veterans returning from other years.

Shirley and I are off to the Rally in Macklin SK tomorrow along with my friend Luc and we will meet Chris and his girlfriend there. So looks like 3 fiberglass campers representing Manitoba will attend.

I did an interview about the St Malo Rally with the Winnipeg Free Press along with Tom and Kelly aka rova. Both our Bolers will be featured in a 1.5 page article in a upcoming Saturday Edition. I will let you all know what Saturday it will run once they give me the date.

More info to come as we get closer to the Rally.

Rick
Old 07-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #99

Name: Kimberly
Manitoba
Hi Rick,
I just picked up my baby Boler Lola a couple of weeks ago and we would love to check out the rally next month. To bad all the sites are booked up, so will be in the park just further away from the action.
Akimboalogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #100

Registry
If your looking for elecrical they booked up the first day but there are lots of sites in sections b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i and j all are basic sites and very close to the Rally area

Rick

QUOTE=Akimboalogo;470980]Hi Rick,
I just picked up my baby Boler Lola a couple of weeks ago and we would love to check out the rally next month. To bad all the sites are booked up, so will be in the park just further away from the action.[/QUOTE]

Tags
rally, vin