NY 2014, Aug.15-17: Northeast Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble - Page 15 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #197

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitestork View Post
Frank you are doing a great job. I am sure everyone understands there has to be rules. In a state or private park there certainly would be rules.
Now if you can promise great weather for next week we will call you a miracle worker!
Thanks Linda! Hmm, this weekend will be great weather, 80's (26/27c), and dry. That is exactly the kind of weather I am in hopes of for the egg rally!

I will probably pull in first thing Friday morning, if not the night before. It still takes me just under an hour to get there. We'll see how it goes.

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Frank

2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #198

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitestork View Post
Also, is there a decent grocery store near your brother's place or should we stop on our way?
There's a big PriceChopper in Mechanicville, just a few miles up the road Linda. I googled that, just so you know, as I am not familiar with the area.

http://www.pricechopper.com/stores/9...chanicville-NY

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-07-2014, 11:16 AM   #199

New York
Some local events that weekend:

Craft beer & cider Friday: Taste NY: Craft Beer & Cider - Fri, Aug 15, 2014 - Saratoga Springs, NY Events

Hootenany Saturday night: HOOTenanny! presented by Caffe Lena & Friends of the IBA - Sat, Aug 16, 2014 - Saratoga Springs, NY Events

Taste NY sunday: HOOTenanny! presented by Caffe Lena & Friends of the IBA - Sat, Aug 16, 2014 - Saratoga Springs, NY Events

Those are just a few things I picked out of the events calendar for Saratoga County. Also, the horse races are on, so Saratoga is hopping in August!

There's way too much to list here, so here's the events link for the entire month of August: Saratoga Events Calendar For August 2014 - Events In Saratoga Springs, New York & Surrounding Communities

There is also all sorts of stuff going on in Albany County. Here's a link for the 15th of August: Events

Albany does it day-by-day, so here's the 16th: Events

And the 17th: Events

About all we have planned to do as a group is a pot luck Saturday night. Again, John & Nancy have a great canoe/kayak launch on their property, so feel free to bring stuff that floats!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-08-2014, 05:41 AM   #200

New York
It's great that my brother John keeps up with this thread! He tells me he has a printout map that will get you to Walmart, Price Chopper and Bubbles for ice cream.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #201

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
There's a big PriceChopper in Mechanicville, just a few miles up the road Linda. I googled that, just so you know, as I am not familiar with the area.

http://www.pricechopper.com/stores/9...chanicville-NY
There's also a nice Hannaford in Lansingburgh, a couple of miles in the other direction. There's also a Stewarts just down the road. They have all the basics like milk, bread, soda, etc.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #202

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfar View Post
There's also a nice Hannaford in Lansingburgh, a couple of miles in the other direction. There's also a Stewarts just down the road. They have all the basics like milk, bread, soda, etc.
Thanks for poppin in Sue! Good info. I hope you guys have a great time in the big apple next weekend! We're gonna miss ya...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #203

NY
Gonna miss seeing everyone! I'm sure it will be a blast.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #204

NY
And let me also put in a plug for the Troy Farmer's Market. It's the largest Farmer's Market in the area with live music and great vendors. Saturday from 9-2. Only about 15 minutes from your brother's place.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #205

Name: Mary
Trailer: Parkliner; TV 2012 Nissan Murano
New Jersey
Starting to look

Hi All,
I am thinking about purchasing a small fiberglass camper such as the Egg, Scamp, Parkliner, but they don't come to big shows from what I can tell. I saw a suggestion to go to a rally and hopefully some friendly folks would not mind showing me their setups. So I would like to come to your event, and wonder if I would be welcome. I see GPS coordinates for the event, if that's precise I should be able to find my way. I'm about 3 hours south of you, and I would make this a day trip.
Thank you,
Mary
Old 08-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #206

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Registry
Love your comment. Potluck is just that. What you see is what you can pick from. I have never went hungry at a potluck and I am a fussy eater. Love the peanut butter sandwich idea. That would be a hoot to bring to a potluck dinner, a tray full of peanut butter sandwich's LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Never seen a potluck that organized !!! In our weekly potlucks at our snowbird campground we just have a clipboard in the community room where everyone writes in what they're bringing, and only as "entree, salad, or desert". Nobody is told what to bring. A "potluck" is just that, what's there is what you get. Don't like any of what's offered, go back to your camper and make a peanut butter sandwich. LOL
Old 08-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #207

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Rick; I was just harassing Frank a little on the potluck. We do weekly potlucks at the campground we winter at in GA. Usually 50 plus people attending, and quite a variety of food from simple to fancy, same with deserts. We have to keep it fairly simple because of our limited cooking options with our small camper. We have done crock pot stuff, meatballs or hotdogs and beans, other times bought bags of cole slaw at the grocery store, and another time went to the local cafe that has fantastic pastry that is half price after 4 PM, bought several, and cut them up in pieces and took that. No complaints that we heard. There's a rule, don't complain about any food at a potluck, the person sitting next to you might have made it LOL. Unfortunately we can't make it to Frank's event because of my 50th high school reunion, but he's a great guy so I know it'll be good.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #208

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryNJWildlife View Post
Hi All,
I am thinking about purchasing a small fiberglass camper such as the Egg, Scamp, Parkliner, but they don't come to big shows from what I can tell. I saw a suggestion to go to a rally and hopefully some friendly folks would not mind showing me their setups. So I would like to come to your event, and wonder if I would be welcome. I see GPS coordinates for the event, if that's precise I should be able to find my way. I'm about 3 hours south of you, and I would make this a day trip.
Thank you,
Mary
You would be more than welcome Mary! There will be a number of different kinds of eggs to look at. We did the same exact thing when we were thinking about buying an egg, & look what happened!

Any questions, just ask, or PM me.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #209

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryNJWildlife View Post
Hi All,
Thank you,
Mary
Welcome to FGRV Mary, I'm sure you are welcome to the rally, we always love to show off our units to newbies so to speak and it is the best way for you to see what kind you want. Am I right Frank?
Old 08-11-2014, 06:07 AM   #210

Name: Mary
Trailer: Parkliner; TV 2012 Nissan Murano
New Jersey

Thank you very much, Frank and Jim

Tags
rally