NY 2014, Aug.15-17: Northeast Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #21

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
We're in.

Lord willing, we're in. Great meeting you at Copake, thanks for coming up with this super idea!

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #22

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We won't be able to do this one.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #23

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
If this happens in august, how about going to brattelboro koa in vermont the first weekend in october, really nice koa and a GREAT host.
We are totally in for Brattelboro, it sounds like a great weekend. But don't we have to be vintage? I'm not sure a '93 egg would qualify
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #24

NY
Quote:
We won't be able to do this one.
Awww - sorry to hear that!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #25

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Okay folks. A few things came up last night when I talked to the judge. First, camping is free. Power is not, at least right now. He tells me maybe 6 bucks a night, but that may go down based on power needs (i.e., 20 amp vs. 30 amp). They just can't afford to pay for everybody's AC in mid-August for a whole weekend. All the water you want is available, but not for constant hook-up. The steak dinners are more like 6 or 6.50, but that includes ice cream I guess. Also, seeing it's private property and not a "real" campground, the event will run from Friday afternoon till Sunday afternoon.

What I would like to do is figure out some sort of event schedule, but there's no rush right now. I.e., want dinner made Friday night? Saturday night? Breakfast Saturday morning? Brunch Sunday? Trust me, the judge and Nancy can cook up a storm for a bunch of people at very low cost. They do it all the time, and are doing it somewhere with a motorhome group this weekend. They have a very good reputation and love doing it. On the other hand, if we want to cook our own, we can use there traveling propane set-up for free.

Let me work up some alternatives when we get back from western NY next week, and I'll post some more specific ideas. Don't forget, pontoon boat rides on the Hudson, and easy boat launch access on this property for your canoes and kayaks, and a dock to tie them to.

Seeing this is all new to me (organizing an egg event), ideas, suggestions, advice and help are greatly appreciated!

More later...

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #26

New York
sue, the brattelboro vintage rally is the last weekend in sept so wouldnt be that weekend, she also does a halloween weekend the first weekend in october so she is going to let me know when and if a weekend is available for a fiberglass rally. would love to go in october, vermont is beautiful that time of year, this is right near the conn river for kayaking, vermont country store, which is unique and lots of other stuff. ill let everyone know when she gets back to me about a date and if enough people are interested we'll set it up
mary
Old 10-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #27

New York
Have decided to hold off on Brattleboro because the camp ground only has the last weekend in August free, nothing in sept or to late in oct, and I don't want to interfere in franks weekend in August so I'm good with going back to copake in October if anyone else is, Jim are you going to set it up for Copake the first weekend in October again?
Old 10-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #28

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfar View Post
And Jim - if you join us, you can 1) Prove to the skeptics that you are a real person.
I and a few others can vouch that Jim is real. Jon may even have a picture or two of him from one of the Niagara Wine Escapes.
http://lakeshoreimages.com/niagaraescape12.html
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #29

Name: ernie
Trailer: trillium
New York
Frank: Your brother's place is practically in my back yard. Put my name down. Ernie Z.
ernie z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #30

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie z View Post
Frank: Your brother's place is practically in my back yard. Put my name down. Ernie Z.
Will do, thanks!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #31

NY
Quote:
Have decided to hold off on Brattleboro because the camp ground only has the last weekend in August free, nothing in sept or to late in oct, and I don't want to interfere in franks weekend in August so I'm good with going back to copake in October if anyone else is, Jim are you going to set it up for Copake the first weekend in October again?
How about the spring? We'll be doing Eggscursion in TN in April, but would there be availability in Brattleboro in May? Vermont is pretty in the spring as well. And since we have discovered a whole bunch of eggs in this area it would be great to keep the incentive to get together and share.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:43 AM   #32

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I was under the impression there were several complaints about the Copake cg owners and the way you guys were treated. There are far too many other nice cg in NY than repeating at one that does not want your business. Finger Lakes and Adirondacks come to mind. Let's hash out something.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #33

New York
We had no issues with the campground owners, but only had contact with them at check-in. There may have been miscommunication or misunderstandings between all involved as to who was doing what, but that's just speculation on our part. Most rallies or group camping that we do is self supporting, the most recent being the Northeast TCT rally that had a large number of participants, and was very well organized, but at extensive work by the person running it all. So much time involved that they refuse to do it again without more help. It was held at a state park and their only involvement was allowing our use of the rec hall. The only campground hosted rally we have ever attended ( 4 times) is a vintage camper rally at the Brattleboro VT KOA, and the lady that owns the campground is very nice and does an excellent job of organizing it, including inviting the public in for a scheduled tour time. Since it is a small and popular campground she could only block off a number of sites for us at off season times, and fall does not look like a good time for her to do so as she has other events scheduled at that time. We of course are partial to doing it again at Copake because of the short distance travel for us, but certainly open to other options. We think however that relying on any campground for special service most likely won't happen and we will have to provide for ourselves. This is how we operate at a spring teardrop rally, and the number of campsites involved is usually in the 40 to 50 range. Looking forward to another fiberglass rally in the future as we made more new friends at this one.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #34

New York
sue, I just sent Brattelboro an email about may, will let everyone know the results, anyone else out there interested in going to Brattelboro in may? maybe around may 16?
Old 10-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #35

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Despite the mysterious revisions to promised arrangements at Copake, I don't remember anyone on site mentioning any great disappointment or hardship as a result. Beautiful area and CG situated on flat land, offering some advantages to the physically-challenged and newbies who may not have had time to perfect their site setup skills. I would not be put off from another visit but I would request the name of the operator/employee offering perks and stating policy.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #36

New York
May 16 no good, owners son graduates college, she suggested the first weekend in may or the last weekend, but I would def go back to copake again, love that time of the year also
Old 10-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #37

New York
Ill put this out there, anyone up for may30- june1 in Brattleboro Vermont?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #38

NY
Quote:
Ill put this out there, anyone up for may30- june1 in Brattleboro Vermont?
It's not Memorial Day weekend, so we would be good for that weekend. If you get a positive response, you might want to make a new post.

I would not object to going back to Copake. The campground is lovely and clean. I would just not expect anything from the owners for our group.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #39

Name: ernie
Trailer: trillium
New York
I would be up for either Copake or Brattleboro but would much prefer Brattleboro as owner was super to us. Ernie Z
ernie z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #40

New York
I plan on going to Brattleboro both in June and sept, I have already reserved for next year, not sure about may30 and June 1 yet, would have to have enough sign ups to make it worth it, not sure about going back to Simpsons for the TCT if they have it, guess they haven't gotten anyone to take it over yet or volunteers yet

Tags
rally