NY 2014, Aug.15-17: Northeast Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #221

Name: Mary
Trailer: Parkliner; TV 2012 Nissan Murano
New Jersey
Thank you

Thank you for the address, Frank.
Mary
MaryNJWildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #222

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Sure Mary.

Well, so far Tim & Lynne are hear from RI, via Lake George with their 5.0 Escape. I thought the Barnharts would be here this morning? Come on folks!

My trailer is up on jack stands till I get some relief here & run into town. Got new aluminum wheels!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #223

New York
Here's a pic of the entrance coming from the south...

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-16-2014, 05:06 AM   #224

New Jersey
Hi Frank, I'm still getting used to this web site. Have to search in rallies to find your posts. It's Saturday morning and I'm absolutely exhausted from a hard week at work. So I think I'll rest this morning and head out around noon. It's a 3 hr drive. I have an SUV that could handle rough terrain but I would prefer to take my little commuter car to save on gas. It's front wheel drive. Can I get by with that at your property?
Mary

Sent from my XT907 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Old 08-16-2014, 05:59 AM   #225

New York
You could drive anything into this property Mary. Nice flat fine gravel, no ruts of any size, very immaculate. Absolutely no problem bringing a little car up here & in & around. For example, we run around here in my brother's golf carts, and they are very low to the ground.

See ya soon!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-16-2014, 06:45 AM   #226

New York
Mary, just so you know,right now we only have 5 eggs here - two 5th wheel Escapes, a renovated U-Haul, and a renovated 40 year old Boler. I hope more show up today, as I thought we had about 15 that said they were coming.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #227

New Jersey
Beautiful day!

Frank,

Thank you so much for the updates!

After about 5 more cups of coffee I'm coming back to life I'll head out soon. It'll be fun for me even if not too many people show up. I know there will be a pot luck dinner tonight, so I figured that would be popular. I haven't had time to prepare anything, but am happy to chip in some $'s for the cause.

I have a gray Ford Focus with NJ plates. I plan to bring my sweet old dog who misses me a lot all week. She's a Collie, shy, and sticks by me. I've read up in earlier posts that dogs won't be allowed near food and I'll respect that.

Mary
Old 08-16-2014, 09:45 AM   #228

New York
No problem Mary. I just wanted you to have this info, as I have not heard from anyone else that are coming. We have folks from CT, MA, ONT & 2 from NYS, SO THAT's interesting in & of itself. Lots of folks said they were coming, so maybe this afternoon?

Everybody (but me) is out on my brother & sister-in- laws big pontoon boat for a cruise on the Hudson. The plan is to go through one of the locks nearby. It's a beautiful sunny & partly cloudy day here.

With your old dog, we'll have 3 pooches!

Safe travels,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-16-2014, 07:08 PM   #229

New York
We had a great potluck tonight, followed by a surprise ice cream social that my brother & sister-in-law wanted to do for the group. We sat around an open campfire till the raindrops started just a bit ago & so headed for our eggs. It would have been nice to have more eggs show up, but Gail & I had a grand time with the folks that did make it. Life is good!

Pics soon.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-17-2014, 07:42 AM   #230

New Jersey
Home safe

Hi Frank,

I would like to thank you and all the other campers last night for being such gracious hosts. I feel very thankful. We are home safe now, left around 5:30 this morning. It was dark last night so I returned the chair to Bob and Deb's trailer, which was not the right one, but they said they would return to Linda. I sure hope I'm remembering the names, that is difficult for me. Nancy (I hope I have that right) thank you so much for offering the bed overnight. As soon as I settled in, Roxy lay down and crashed out. I wonder if she had more fun than all the rest of us. And thank you for the dog food, in the dark, I'm not sure where the bowl ended up, and the bag of dog food was probably left on the table.

Thank you all again. I am hoping that sometime I will buy one of these campers, they seem perfect for me.

Mary from NJ
Old 08-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #231

New York
No problem Mary, I'm glad you were able to join us. It's too bad you missed the boat ride, but great you made it for the potluck. Boy, what a great meal we had. Pulled chicken BBQ, home made chili, a mexican dish that was delicious, and then all kinds of deserts, and John & Nancy's sponsored hot fudge sundae extravaganza. I know I'm forgetting stuff, but it was a great time with great people. Oh yeah, and a few great dogs!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #232

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
gathering

We closed on our house (gated community) and bought another one non -gated that is more egg friendly So now my snoozy can hang out at the house instead of paying $85/mo for storage .That is why we missed out on coming up to NY.Our house sold in 2 hours , and we knew we wanted some elbow room .SW Florida is real funny mostly gated communities with lots of rules and no eggs or boats allowed even if behind house .Hopefully see you next year . Thanks for the invite sounds like a lot of fun Jim (jennykatz snoozy 152)
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #233

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Sounds like ever one had a great time I wish the wife and I could have made it.
Maybe if you do it again next year!
Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-17-2014, 02:50 PM   #234

Name: Tim
Trailer: Escape
Rhode Island
A shout out to Frank and Gail for hosting the rally. Thank you very much for the extraordinary hospitality. Lynne and I don't appreciate all the effort that goes into organizing an event like this but we know we had a great time and made friends with some fantastic people.

Thanks again Frank.

Tim and Lynne
Rhode Island
Escape 5.0
OneTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #235

New York
Jenny, I knew you guys had that house thing going on. I am so glad it worked out for you, and especially because now your "baby" can stay at home; no more boarding school! Darn boarding stuff is pricey.

Jason, we will consider doing it again next year, but not making that decision right now. If we do, it will be on FGRV, so you will know right away.

Sure was great seeing you and Lynne Tim. We both loved your Escape, especially Gail, as Lynne probably knows. Of course, I breeze around on the web today and find a 2012 like yours over in Rochester NY, just a few hours away, just bad timing. Glad you folks got home okay. If you're like us, there is plenty to do after being gone, so I gotta get off this computer before I get in trouble...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-17-2014, 06:17 PM   #236

Name: kathy
Trailer: u haul
New York
Not much traffic and a nice day. Got home safe.
We want to thank Frank and John (and Nancy and Gail) for what turned out to be a delightful weekend. A nice group to spend time with. The smaller turnout gave us time to get to really get to know and enjoy those that came. A good time was had by all.

Thanks
Kathy, Ted and Daisy
Kathy P. S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #237

New York
Glad to hear you three got home safe Kathy. It was great visiting with you & Ted, and getting to know Daisy Mae.

I have 1/2 a mind to name our trailer after her Kind of a funny story here - Gail & I recently decided to name our trailer Daisy Mae in honor of my dad's mom (you would have had to know her, quite a woman), and here are Kathy & Ted with a great lab named Daisy Mae! Very cool, and a great dog.

I have to thank my brother John and my sister-in-law Nancy for what they did over the weekend for us. It was great for me to be there just to hang out with them a bit, something we rarely do. Plus, not a bad place for an egg rally.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #238

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Sorry I missed it too. But I had a boat delivery and it was a dozie. I lost my motor on the third day and had to sail it the last 100 miles. I'll have to write a trip report.

Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #239

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Sailor View Post
Sorry I missed it too. But I had a boat delivery and it was a dozie. I lost my motor on the third day and had to sail it the last 100 miles. I'll have to write a trip report.
Wow! Glad you made it okay. Inboard or outboard? Yes, curious minds want to know!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-29-2014, 04:53 AM   #240

Name: Linda
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
We would like to thank you for the lovely weekend spent at the rally. Small numbers but big fun.
John and Nancy are just amazing people. I have never met such gracious hosts. The boat ride was a highlight for me and such a beautiful piece of property....the ice cream was also delicious. I always enjoy making new friends.
We left the rally and headed to Delta Lake State Park and had a wonderful week. If you have never been there I highly recommend it. It is now one of our favourite parks in NYState. Ted we had site #51 and we could walk right into the water. I can see why you guys love it so much.
I feel sorry for all those who couldn't make it out to the rally. They missed a super weekend.
Thanks once again to Frank, Gail, John and Nancy. You made the weekend special.
We are off next weekend to another Egg rally at Algonac State Park in Michigan. It also promises to be a great time.
Hope to see all you guys again soon.

midnitestork is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally