FL 2014, Feb. 10-14: Scamp Camp 2014 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #21

Name: Mike & Helene
Trailer: Scamp 5er
Florida
Carol, I don't know what ED is talking about. We've been to that park many times and never once been disturbed by noisey kids. I guess once you reach a certain age you loose all touch with reality. Sure, there are kids there but kids will be kids. I guess some people should go to parks that are just for old farts. Just my thoughts on the subject.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #22

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
It is just packed and noisy with children screaming everywhere,like I imagine most parks get?
Yes the parks on the west coast do tend to be full in the summer months and yes there are usually children around. I dont mind hearing the laughter of children playing - think its nice to see the children getting outside. Even the occasional child screaming doesnt bother me much. Most parents seem to be pretty good with shutting that down as quickly as possible as its a good bet they dont like to hearing it either. more common for me to get annoyed when camping in a State or Provincial park on busy weekends by loud head banging music &/or a generator (we dont have a lot of electrical hook ups at Provincial parks here) going on for hours.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #23

Florida
I agree. Loud music and generators have their place, inside the campgrouds is NOT the place.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #24

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I was really being P.C. or Diplomatic,call it what you will.
But in general it is just a more peaceful place during the week is I believe the idea behind the dates picked?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #25

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
I was really being P.C. or Diplomatic,call it what you will.
But in general it is just a more peaceful place during the week is I believe the idea behind the dates picked?
Oh I hear you! So many parks are a different place to camp on week days vs week-ends. One of the plus sides to getting older - you actually get to discover that!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #26

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
I just checked and there are no RV sites available for those dates, at least not for the entire period - "tent only" sites are still available, however.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #27

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Available Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
I just checked and there are no RV sites available for those dates, at least not for the entire period - "tent only" sites are still available, however.
We looked for a site at Scamp Camp for almost 4 weeks ( Three times a day) before we found an available site . The site we got was only available from Sunday 2/9 to Friday morning 2/14. The park is booked solid on weekends but on week days sites are available . Both the week before and after Scamp Camp there is no problem reserving a site during the week . I believe this is one of the reasons Scamp Camp is not scheduled on a weekend "Lack of Available Sites"
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #28

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
The organizers/hosts of Scamp Camp 2014 can be reached directly at the Scamp Owners International event posting. Dick would be more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have concerning the upcoming Scamp Camp and/or park availability.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #29

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Scamp Camp is fairly well attended. A lot of people book their sites months in advance. I think that is the reason that no sites are available for that week or weekend as many come early/stay late. Getting a site on a weekend most of the winter months is not always difficult at Highlands Hammock State Park where the event is held.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #30

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sullivan View Post
Those are the official dates. Monday - Friday. Many show up a little early and some stay a little later.
We arrive on the 4th and leave on the 18th...I doubt that we will be the first to arrive or the last to leave.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #31

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Those tent sites are primitive boondocking sites quite a ways away from the main campground. Not undoable, but quite likely you'd only sleep there and spend the rest of your time among the group hanging out...company is always welcome.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #32

Florida
I don't think you can even put an RV of any type in those spots. Better call and check with the ranger first.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #33

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
That's where we were supposed to be last year until someone had illness and we were able to get their spot in the main camp.

Josie

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #34

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sullivan View Post
I don't think you can even put an RV of any type in those spots. Better call and check with the ranger first.
Actually there are "tent only" sites on the main circle. designated as such due to trees and other obstacles. They have always allowed our group to put a Scamp in those sites and actually it's a good fit!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #35

Name: emily
Trailer: 2010 SCAMP
Georgia
Rally

Hi Floyd,

Unfortunately I have waited until the last minute for reservations. If you hear of any cancellations, will you let me know?

Thanks,
Emily
pageleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #36

Georgia
Sebring Rally

I am soooooo excited!! I am going to the rally 7-17th site 49 thanks to Ed Harris, who was nice enough to contact me about his cancellation. I had so much fun last year and look forward to the trip this year. Thanks Ed, hope to meet you in a future rally!

Emily Johnson
Old 02-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #37

Name: Laura
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Just had to cancel for scamp camp due to health reasons...really sorry...I was so looking forward to it..reservation was site 30 February 10 thru 16.. Call soon to get it...and we hope to see you next time!!
diamond4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #38

Georgia
Sorry you can't make it Laura. Maybe next year. I am on my way to Sebring now. Ed Harris was not able to go either. I picked up his reservation the 7-17th site 49.

Emily Johnson
Old 02-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #39

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We attended the 2013 Scamp Camp and had a great time . We wish we could have gone this year but things did not work out , We hope all the attendees have a good time and nice weather . If this is your first time at Scamp Camp ,make sure you attend Floyd's seminar on trailer maintenance and mods . The man is a wealth of useful information and has the patience to explain things so even a novice can understand
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #40

Name: Michelle
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Pennsylvania
My Scamp isn't road worthy yet, but I'll be camping at Highland Hammocks on Wednesday and Thursday (and nearby the rest of the week) in a different RV. I'd love to get a chance to participate in a tour and chat with some Scamp owners. Is there someplace that I should register to participate? Is there a published schedule for the week? Thanks for your help! I can't wait to see all of the Scamps in one place. I've only ever seen a few scamps and only been inside my own!
AM Moats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp