FL 2014, Feb. 10-14: Scamp Camp 2014 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #29
CPW

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Flori-duh!
Registry
Scamp Camp is fairly well attended. A lot of people book their sites months in advance. I think that is the reason that no sites are available for that week or weekend as many come early/stay late. Getting a site on a weekend most of the winter months is not always difficult at Highlands Hammock State Park where the event is held.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #30

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sullivan View Post
Those are the official dates. Monday - Friday. Many show up a little early and some stay a little later.
We arrive on the 4th and leave on the 18th...I doubt that we will be the first to arrive or the last to leave.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #31

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Those tent sites are primitive boondocking sites quite a ways away from the main campground. Not undoable, but quite likely you'd only sleep there and spend the rest of your time among the group hanging out...company is always welcome.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #32

Name: Mike & Helene
Trailer: Scamp 5er
Florida
I don't think you can even put an RV of any type in those spots. Better call and check with the ranger first.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #33

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
That's where we were supposed to be last year until someone had illness and we were able to get their spot in the main camp.

Josie

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #34

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sullivan View Post
I don't think you can even put an RV of any type in those spots. Better call and check with the ranger first.
Actually there are "tent only" sites on the main circle. designated as such due to trees and other obstacles. They have always allowed our group to put a Scamp in those sites and actually it's a good fit!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #35

Name: emily
Trailer: 2010 SCAMP
Georgia
Rally

Hi Floyd,

Unfortunately I have waited until the last minute for reservations. If you hear of any cancellations, will you let me know?

Thanks,
Emily
Old 02-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #36

Georgia
Sebring Rally

I am soooooo excited!! I am going to the rally 7-17th site 49 thanks to Ed Harris, who was nice enough to contact me about his cancellation. I had so much fun last year and look forward to the trip this year. Thanks Ed, hope to meet you in a future rally!

Emily Johnson
Old 02-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #37

Name: Laura
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Just had to cancel for scamp camp due to health reasons...really sorry...I was so looking forward to it..reservation was site 30 February 10 thru 16.. Call soon to get it...and we hope to see you next time!!
Old 02-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #38

Georgia
Sorry you can't make it Laura. Maybe next year. I am on my way to Sebring now. Ed Harris was not able to go either. I picked up his reservation the 7-17th site 49.

Emily Johnson
Old 02-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #39

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
We attended the 2013 Scamp Camp and had a great time . We wish we could have gone this year but things did not work out , We hope all the attendees have a good time and nice weather . If this is your first time at Scamp Camp ,make sure you attend Floyd's seminar on trailer maintenance and mods . The man is a wealth of useful information and has the patience to explain things so even a novice can understand
Old 02-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #40

Name: Michelle
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Pennsylvania
My Scamp isn't road worthy yet, but I'll be camping at Highland Hammocks on Wednesday and Thursday (and nearby the rest of the week) in a different RV. I'd love to get a chance to participate in a tour and chat with some Scamp owners. Is there someplace that I should register to participate? Is there a published schedule for the week? Thanks for your help! I can't wait to see all of the Scamps in one place. I've only ever seen a few scamps and only been inside my own!

Tags
scamp