WI 2014, June 11-15: Door county, "Eggs at Egg Harbor" - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #81

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bago View Post
I was scheduled for 14 (a pull through site) from Wednesday through Saturday nights. I'll need to stick around SE Michigan for a month or two. I'll be canceling my reservation after posting this. Safe journeys and well wishes to all who attend.
Sorry to hear that Jim, I was looking forward to meeting you, hope it's nothing serious. Tony
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:54 AM   #82

Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Charter fishing on Lake Michigan,Wednesday AM

Lyndon Laney has organized a chartered fishing trip out of Bailey's Harbor (19-15 miles across the peninsula from Egg Harbor) foe 7:00 AM on Wednesday the 11th. Cost looks about $90 for a 5 hour trip. Link:Door County Charter Fishing with Silver Strike Fishing in Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin This would mean being at the rally by Tuesday night.
If interested PM Lyndon (post #13 this thread or me and we'll get you set up)
Only 4 weeks to "Eggs"
Old 05-14-2014, 09:09 AM   #83

Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Request for more information on attendees

We are getting to the point of making a roster and name tags and would like more information on participants.
If you have not supplied this information PLEASE PM me:
1) Names of attendees
2) City/town/village and state
3) Your trailer information
4) e-mail address
If you don't want any or all this divulged let us know so it can be deleted from the roster.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #84

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Tony, Do you want site number, arrival date? Usually you have one day to edit your post.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #85

Name: Rick
Trailer: TBA
Wisconsin
Hi all,
So I'm in the market for an egg but after months of online research strangly enough I still have not seen one in the flesh. I'm thinking this would be a great opportunity but circumstances aren't going to allow me to come up and camp. Would it be strange to just drive up for the day to look around?

From looking at the google site it would seem that Sat the 14th at 10:00 for tours would be the approprate time. Would this be weird to just walk up and ask to see inside of someones trailer? Would it be even more weird to bring a camera? Should I check in with someone when I arrive?

I'm excited for the chance to see so many trailers that I have only seen online but I also don't want to be a pest. Any advice would be appreciated.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #86

You are of course welcome. We love showing our rigs to new people.

If you have some ideas of size or brand you should let us know so we could direct you to specific trailers. For example if you have limited tow capacity you can look at Imogene's Casita or Tony's Bigfoot, but you can't touch.

You will be overwhelmed by the number of sizes available.

If there is anyway you could overnight we have excellent music in the evening. Hope you will have plenty of time to look around.

At some of our gatherings there is a ribbon or something on the door of the trailer that means you are welcome inside. I don't know if Tony will be doing this. It makes it easy for people who are gone or don't want company.

Nancy
Old 05-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #87

Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Good thought Nancy, but I got that information regarding sites and dates from the campground folks.
Tony
Old 05-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #88

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Rick, don't hesitate. Go! Most FG egg people are glad to show their trailers at these events. I went to a rally in Arkansas a couple years ago and everyone was great.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:22 AM   #89

Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
[QUOTE=Badger;458506]Hi all,
So I'm in the market for an egg but after months of online research strangly enough I still have not seen one in the flesh. I'm thinking this would be a great opportunity but circumstances aren't going to allow me to come up and camp. Would it be strange to just drive up for the day to look around?

From looking at the google site it would seem that Sat the 14th at 10:00 for tours would be the approprate time. Would this be weird to just walk up and ask to see inside of someones trailer? Would it be even more weird to bring a camera? Should I check in with someone when I arrive?

I'm excited for the chance to see so many trailers that I have only seen online but I also don't want to be a pest. Any advice would be appreciated.

Good morning Rick,
Nancy and Mike have pretty much summed it up. Please do come, Saturday @ 10 AM will be trailer tour time and we will have a system to identify those choosing to participate. You can come to site 411, our site, if you like, but no need to check in with anyone.
We look forward to seeing you, a camera is a good idea.
Tony
Old 05-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #90

Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Sailing at Egg Harbor

Jim and Jonell will be going on a sailing tour on Thursday, the 12th. Link:Sail Door County - Door County Sailing Charters
They have not settled on a time, we will have a sign up at site #411 on Wednesday. You could contact Jim via PM (post#5, this thread). Looks like $39-45 for a hour and half trip. Sounds like fun.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #91

Name: Rick
Trailer: TBA
Wisconsin
Good morning Rick,
Nancy and Mike have pretty much summed it up. Please do come, Saturday @ 10 AM will be trailer tour time and we will have a system to identify those choosing to participate. You can come to site 411, our site, if you like, but no need to check in with anyone.
We look forward to seeing you, a camera is a good idea.
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the welcome Tony. I'm looking forward to it. I might bring my tent and stay Friday night at Peninsula State Park which I have stayed at before and is nice. Or I may just come up for the day. Hope to see you there, I'll be the geek with the camera, the wide eyes, the drool on my chin and the big smile on my face.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #92

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Nancy,
I am updating the attendees form on the Eggs at Egg Harbor web site
tonight. I have almost everyone's arrival date/ length of stay and site number. Check the website in another day.
Kathy
Kathy Dalbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:41 PM   #93

Rick, I sent you a PM (private message). If it did not arrive let me know.

Nancy
Old 05-16-2014, 09:15 AM   #94

Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Good source for Door County information

The folks at the campground suggested this site to help plan your visit:Door County Visitor Bureau | Door County Wisconsin
The nearby participants will have their own ideas, of course. We will have information at site #411 that we plan on getting from Door County Visitors Bureau. Then folks can just pick up what they think they may be interested in.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #95

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Looks like there are some great bicycle trails in the area.
Anybody else bringing bicycles?
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #96

Floyd,

I just read on a pu site about Penisula Stat Park and how the trail near the lake was most scenic the person had seen. Wonder if one can bike into the park without a pass? I think Fred needs to figure out a way to haul his bike over. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

they said road tires were not enough, good surface, just not for skinny tires.

Nancy
Old 05-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #97

Name: Ramsey
Trailer: 16' Scamp
Wisconsin
bicycling - Peninsula State Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Looks like there are some great bicycle trails in the area.
Anybody else bringing bicycles?
While i very much enjoy bicycling, there's just so much to do and see in Door County. In addition i will be camping in Peninsula in August and that is when i intend to do some biking. Peninsula State Park is one of the largest and most popular parks in Wisconsin. It is approximately 7 miles from the rally campsite using the highway (heavily traveled) in between. Within the park is a 5.1 mile (1 way) Sunset bicycle trail. There are many paved roads to ride also but visitors are encouraged to ride with caution, especially the main roads within the campground as they can be heavily traveled. Whether you decide to bike or not you will find plenty to do........
Ramsey
Ramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #98

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Floyd,

I just read on a pu site about Penisula Stat Park and how the trail near the lake was most scenic the person had seen. Wonder if one can bike into the park without a pass? I think Fred needs to figure out a way to haul his bike over. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

they said road tires were not enough, good surface, just not for skinny tires.

Nancy
I'm bringing my trusty old 1989 Trek 820 with sorta plain 1.5" tires. They are fine for limestone screenings. I am building an 850 with a shorter frame and more aggressive tread just for trails, but it won't be ready in time.
I will have a small truck and a bike rack so I could Transport a couple extra bikes to a trailhead if needed.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #99

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
The McGintys and I were talking about bringing bikes too. Also might bring my friend Ruthie's bike as well. She'll be camping with Farley the Wonder Dog and I. If I can get Farley used to riding in the little kiddie bike trailer, he'll be riding too.
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:00 AM   #100

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
fishing

In case anyone is interested I have reserved 2 boats for lake salmon and trout fishing on lake Michigan for Wendsday morning at 7: 00 this is a short drive across the pensilua from egg harbor. 1 boat holds 6 and the other 8 the cost will be about 108.00 plus 15 for a licence 4 spots left 5 hrs all gear included 4 spots left.
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote