WI 2014, June 11-15: Door county, "Eggs at Egg Harbor" - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #99

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
The McGintys and I were talking about bringing bikes too. Also might bring my friend Ruthie's bike as well. She'll be camping with Farley the Wonder Dog and I. If I can get Farley used to riding in the little kiddie bike trailer, he'll be riding too.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #100

Name: Lyndon
Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Minnesota
fishing

In case anyone is interested I have reserved 2 boats for lake salmon and trout fishing on lake Michigan for Wendsday morning at 7: 00 this is a short drive across the pensilua from egg harbor. 1 boat holds 6 and the other 8 the cost will be about 108.00 plus 15 for a licence 4 spots left 5 hrs all gear included 4 spots left.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #101

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Floyd,

I just read on a pu site about Penisula Stat Park and how the trail near the lake was most scenic the person had seen. Wonder if one can bike into the park without a pass? I think Fred needs to figure out a way to haul his bike over. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

they said road tires were not enough, good surface, just not for skinny tires.

Nancy
Nancy and Floyd,
I called the place that rents bikes outside Peninsula Park and was told that it is allowed to park outside the park and bike in without incurring the entry fee. The exception is that use of the mountain bike trails is not allowed without a park pass. Hope this answers your question. Tony
Old 05-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #102

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Dang, what a small world, I ride the same era Trek 850 (black with orange logos) with street/trail tires and have been on the path at Peninsula. This time of year you will have no problem with your 820.
I also have a denim blue 1990 Trek 850 which I am prepping for limestone screenings trails. Love that CRO-MO!
I have five vintage Treks, only my 1400 road bike is aluminum
We live next to the I&M Canal Towpath which is about fifty miles of screened limestone running along between the Canal and the Illinois River.
We also have the beautiful Fox river trail and Fermi Lab nearby.

Note to Wisconsin residents,...Come on down! Notice that was a "Tow Path" not a "Toll Path" like in Wisconsin. You can ride Illinois trails without the seasonal or daily charge, we don't even charge extra for out of state riders.
(wish it was reciprocal)
Old 05-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #103

Name: Rick
Trailer: TBA
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I also have a denim blue 1990 Trek 850 which I am prepping for limestone screenings trails. Love that CRO-MO!
I have five vintage Treks, only my 1400 road bike is aluminum
We live next to the I&M Canal Towpath which is about fifty miles of screened limestone running along between the Canal and the Illinois River.
We also have the beautiful Fox river trail and Fermi Lab nearby.

Note to Wisconsin residents,...Come on down! Notice that was a "Tow Path" not a "Toll Path" like in Wisconsin. You can ride Illinois trails without the seasonal or daily charge, we don't even charge extra for out of state riders.
(wish it was reciprocal)
Of course there are 4 toll booths on the interstate in Illinois between me and you.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #104

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Of course there are 4 toll booths on the interstate in Illinois between me and you.
Come down Rte 47 via Lake Geneva. You do make a good point though, only thing is you can drive a Semi 450 miles down the length of Illinois(15 miles toll) for half the price of a bicycle day pass at Dodgeville, and they don't charge extra for out of state residents.

Oddly enough though... Ahnapee trail site says admission is free.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #105

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Wisconsin
Quote:
Come down Rte 47 via Lake Geneva. You do make a good point though, only thing is you can drive a Semi 450 miles down the length of Illinois(15 miles toll) for half the price of a bicycle day pass at Dodgeville, and they don't charge extra for out of state residents.

Oddly enough though... Ahnapee trail site says admission is free.
I would gladly pay a fee for any outdoor trail or recreation that is a choice. Keeps the riff-raff out and off so I can enjoy it. And it covers the costs of maintaining it. I remember living in Utah and they started charging a fee for going up a certain canyon (Millcreek). Everybody kicked and screamed at the time over a $2-3 daily fee. First time I went up after the charge I found no teenagers or idiots hanging out wrecking and littering like before. All the cheapskates went elsewhere. Became our favorite place to go!

I am very strongly opposed to any kind of toll road that should already be covered by taxes and fuel taxes. Not to pay a toll for all the workers who have to be paid to maintain the collection of the tolls and the toll system. Heck, WI even has a highway ferry with no toll (Merimac), really cool.

Living near Sturgeon Bay, we were very interested in joining everyone but are too busy to camp in the Scamp that weekend in Egg Harbor. We hope to stop by though to see and meet a few of you over the weekend. Might just drag the Scamp around the camp to say high. Sure are glad we are not FGlass wannabees anymore.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #106

Name: Nate
Trailer: 1981 Casita 13. TV: 2011 Honda CR-V
Wisconsin
Registry
Quote:
Looks like there are some great bicycle trails in the area.
Anybody else bringing bicycles?

I'm fairly sure my wife and I will be bringing our Cannondale road bikes.

I have relatives doing a ride that weekend in Door County as well. (62 miles, IIRC)
Old 05-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #107

Name: Rick
Trailer: TBA
Wisconsin
As it shook out my GF will be joining me and we will be arriving on Friday the 13th (cue scary music) and staying in one of the A frame cabins.

Special shout out to Nancy who so graciously offered a tent spot at her site but with 2 of us and a small dog I think the A frame is going to work out a bit better. Especially at the special group rate of only $35/night. Heck of a deal for Door county in June.

I signed up at the Google site. Can't wait to see you all there.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #108

Wisconsin
Google site updated

Attendees may want to check the google site for more of an idea about schedule and plans. https://sites.google.com/site/eggsateggharbor/home
We (Kathy Dalby) will still need to finalize the roster and do further updates. We hope the weather cooperates in three weeks.
Tony and Darlene
Old 05-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #109

Name: Nate
Trailer: 1981 Casita 13. TV: 2011 Honda CR-V
Wisconsin
Registry
Quote:
Looks like there are some great bicycle trails in the area.
Anybody else bringing bicycles?
Also looking forward to seeing your bike rack in person! My wife and I are talking about our options for bike transport, and definitely don't want a rack on the rear of the trailer. Not sure if we'll go roof rack, inside the camper, or a tongue-mounted setup like you made.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #110

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
We'll be arriving Wed and leaving Sun. is there a (loose) schedule of events or get-togethers or are the plans fluid. This is our first rally so we're really excited to meet everyone.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #111

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyyyyguy View Post
We'll be arriving Wed and leaving Sun. is there a (loose) schedule of events or get-togethers or are the plans fluid. This is our first rally so we're really excited to meet everyone.
Here is the link to our google site:https://sites.google.com/site/eggsateggharbor/home
We look forward to seeing you. Tony
Old 05-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #112

Wisconsin
"Meet and Greet" 5 PM at the pavillion, Wednesday June 11th

Darlene and I will provide a meal of pulled pork, beans and chips. Plates and plastic wear included. All that you need to bring is your beverage of choice.
Let's hope the day is as nice as it is in southern Wisconsin today.
Tony