CA 2014, May 1-5: 11th Annual May FiberglassRV Rally @ King City, CA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
2014, May 1-5: 11th Annual May FiberglassRV Rally @ King City, CA

Dear FiberglassRV Rally Friends,

The dates have been set for the 11th Annual 2014 FiberglassRV Rally for the weekend before Mother’s Day, Thursday, May 1st through Check-Out Monday, May 5th, 2014. The Rally will be held at San Lorenzo Regional Park, which is located near King City, CA. (take the Broadway exit from U.S. 101)

For newcomers to our Rally, the Rally will continue to reflect the traditions set by the founders, Mike and Lori Sanders. They started the Rally in 2003. For the first two years, the rally was held at Camp Ocean Pines, in Cambria. They then moved the rally to Lake San Antonio, where it has been up to the 2012 Rally. Due to the deteriorating condition of Harris Creek campground, at Lake San Antonio, we decided to move the rally to San Lorenzo Regional Park, where it has been since the 2013 rally. Much to our pleasure, Mike and Lori will be attending the 2014 FiberglassRV Rally.

San Lorenzo Regional Park, part of the Monterey County Park system, is a highly maintained park with 99 camp sites. The park has an onsite Camp Host whose responsibility includes landscaping the beautiful gardens and lawns. Within San Lorenzo Regional Park is the Monterey County Agricultural and Rural Life Museum. The Museum consists of a restored farmhouse, one room school house, blacksmith shop and King City’s original train depot.

The 2013 Rally was a great success. On Thursday we had 54 attendees, Friday and Saturday 72 attendees and on Sunday 48 attendees. Mike and Lori Sanders put on a workshop for people contemplating ‘Full-Timing”. Joe and Joni Swindle put on a Putting Green Contest and of course we had our Dutch Oven Workshop.

For the 2014 Rally, I reserved 40 sites of which 25 sites are full hook-up and 15 sites are water & electric. All sites are pull-through, have a picnic table and are covered under big shade trees. All sites have well maintained parking pads. We will have access to the Portola Building, which also has a BBQ unit. The park has a laundry facility, new and very clean restrooms with showers, a horseshoe pit, a bocce ball lawn and a nine hole putting green. San Lorenzo Regional Park is a child friendly park. There are two children playgrounds, one for young children and the other playground is for older children. Both playgrounds are within walking distance of our camp sites.

The full hook up sites will be the preferred sites. If you want to reserve a full hookup site be sure to send your payment for your site, as soon as possible. Until I have all 25 Full-Hook-Up or the 15 Water & Electric sites sold I can't assign sites. As soon as the sites are sold I will do my best to accommodate everyone’s site request. As always, first paid receives first site consideration.

The block of sites, which I have reserved, are for Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night. You need to pay me directly, since I am responsible for paying the reservations. If you plan to arrive earlier than Thursday, or stay later than Monday Check-Out, you will need to pay for those days at the non-discounted regular rate at the park entrance. The discounted camping rate is only available when the reservation is made through me! I can be reached at: marianne. dinsmore@gmail.com (remove space between . ‘and’ Dinsmore)

Camping rate for the 2014 FiberglassRV Rally:
Discounted rate for Full Hook-Up: $38 per night (regular rate $40)
Discounted rate for Water & Electric: $33 per night (regular rate $35)
Dog Fee: $2 per dog/night (San Lorenzo has a 2 dog per site limit & Rabies shot verification required as per County Code)
Rally Supply Fee: $7 per reservation site (not per person)
Check-In time is 2 pm
Check-Out time is 12 pm

The Rally Supply Fee is for group expenses incurred for the Rally.

We are planning activities much like at past rallies and we will let you know, as soon as the agenda is finalized. We will have “Friday Soup Night” but since our Rally attendance has increased we are in need of several soups. If you can contribute a soup please let me know. We will again have “Thursday Dutch Oven Pizza Night”, a great hit last year.

Lori Sanders has agreed to again lead the Dutch Oven Workshop. We thought of adding hosts for ‘Evening Card Games’ and for ‘Lawn Games’. If anyone would like to host other workshops, please let me know!

Mail payment to:
Marianne Dinsmore
P.O. Box 2524
Santa Clara, CA 95055

Please forward the following information with your paid reservation:
[ ] First and Last Name, of all people in your party
[ ] Your City, E-mail Address & Cell Number, if available
[ ] Year, Make, Size and Model of your trailer
[ ] List which Nights (Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun) will you be paying for camping
[ ] Please indicate Full Hook-Up ($38 per night) or Water & Electric ($33 per night)
[ ] # of Dogs & Cats ($2 per dog/night) (Remember San Lorenzo Park has a two dog per site limit)
[ ] Include Rally Supply Fee with your reservation

We are looking forward to hosting this Rally and visiting with all of our FiberglassRV friends!

Hope to hear from you soon,
Marianne & Bill Dinsmore, Rally Hosts

FiberglassRV Rally Committee:
Jim & Carolyn Johnson
Barbara & Frank Lukehart
Elvin Lowe
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2014-FiberglassRV Rally announcement.pdf (108.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: pdf FiberglassRV Rally Registration Form.pdf (88.4 KB, 21 views)
Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #2

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Have this rally on my calendar. It’ll be my second attempt at making it to an egg gathering. I tried the Lake Casitas Rally but ended up leaving early due to breathing problems. Had to leave Saturday, missed the pot luck and meeting everyone. Hope that doesn’t happen at San Lorenzo. I come from Teardrops and Vintage Travel Trailers so I’m not new to the Rally scene. I’m looking forward to meeting new friend in the Molded Fiberglass RV side of RV'ing. Just finished restoring and up-grading a 1981 Burro, 13’ last month and looking forward to many nights of enjoyment. So we’ll see you all up there
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #3

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
I had a good time at this rally last year. The Dutch Oven pot luck was really cool, and I made some new friends. Close to home too!

This year Chris will be coming with me .…and we will be camping in our new to us Escape 19.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #4

Gage,
We saw your restored Burro at Lake Casitas. Great job. Hope to see you in May 2014
Old 11-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #5

Interesting. I'm using the app for the iPad and I, no longer, have a signature. Hmmmm wonder what happened

Marianne
Old 11-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #6

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne3358 View Post
Interesting. I'm using the app for the iPad and I, no longer, have a signature. Hmmmm wonder what happened

Marianne
I see a signature.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #7

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
When you say the full hookup are the preferred sites, what does this mean? Better locations? More people want them? Nicer sites?

Also, does anyone with dogs know if they actually asked for certificates or were license/rabies tags okay? Or did they check? (I'm down -sadly- to two dogs but one can't have rabies shots though he is licensed because the vet will write an "excuse" for him.)
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeDan View Post
I see a signature.
I didn't see the signature when using the iPad. I do see the signature when logged in through the laptop.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #9

When you say the full hookup are the preferred sites, what does this mean? Better locations? More people want them? Nicer sites?

>>>>>>>>>>>
There are only '25' full hook-up sites. Most sites are Water & Electric with a few dry sites. The Park has, in total, 99 sites.

Also, does anyone with dogs know if they actually asked for certificates or were license/rabies tags okay? Or did they check? (I'm down -sadly- to two dogs but one can't have rabies shots though he is licensed because the vet will write an "excuse" for him.

>>>>>>>>
We travel with our dogs medical documents.

Does the Park check the documents? Not that I know but I would think that if there is problem, Rangers might ask for the documents.

If your dog has a medical excuse, (reason for not having a Rabies certificate) that should cover the issue.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne3358 View Post

>>>>>>>>>>>
There are only '25' full hook-up sites. Most sites are Water & Electric with a few dry sites. The Park has, in total, 99 sites.
Thanks, but does not answer my question. I don't need full hookups- is there any reason I would want a full hookup site other than the full hookups?

And yes, my guy has a medical reason not to get vaccinations. Just curious as to whether they check, as I've only once at a park been asked for documentation (Richardson Grove State park, back in the 80s.)
Old 11-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
Thanks, but does not answer my question. I don't need full hookups- is there any reason I would want a full hookup site other than the full hookups?

And yes, my guy has a medical reason not to get vaccinations. Just curious as to whether they check, as I've only once at a park been asked for documentation (Richardson Grove State park, back in the 80s.)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please find attached a map of San Lorenzo Park. The inner circle has water & electric sites. The center circle, site 1 through 25, are full hook-up while the rest of the center are water & electric. The outer circle are mostly water & electric sites with a few dry sites. The outer circle are back-in sites. The inner and central circle has pull through sites. Drive ways separates the circles.

When I have a chance, I will upload some pictures
Attached Thumbnails
SanLorenzoPark-Map.jpg  
Old 11-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #12

California
Check sent.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #13

Did a great job on the remodel of your Burro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gage View Post
Have this rally on my calendar. It’ll be my second attempt at making it to an egg gathering. I tried the Lake Casitas Rally but ended up leaving early due to breathing problems. Had to leave Saturday, missed the pot luck and meeting everyone. Hope that doesn’t happen at San Lorenzo. I come from Teardrops and Vintage Travel Trailers so I’m not new to the Rally scene. I’m looking forward to meeting new friend in the Molded Fiberglass RV side of RV'ing. Just finished restoring and up-grading a 1981 Burro, 13’ last month and looking forward to many nights of enjoyment. So we’ll see you all up there
We enjoyed seeing your remodeled Burro at Lake Casitas. We'll see you in May 2014.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeDan View Post
Check sent.
Which I received. see you in May 2014 unless you want to join us for the Winter Gathering at San Lorenzo.

Take care
Old 11-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #15

Some Pictures from the May 2013 Rally

Campground and Portola Building:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0698 (Small).jpg   IMG_0678 (Small).jpg  

IMG_0676 (Small).jpg   IMG_0699 (Small).jpg  

IMG_0651 (Small).jpg   IMG_0660 (Small).jpg  

IMG_0662 (Small).jpg   IMG_0663 (Small).jpg  

Old 01-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #16

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Lily and I are coming however, we'll most likely be in site #87 so we won't be utilizing any of the reserved sites. I am sending you a check for $7.00 for Rally Supply fee.

We'll be in on Wed. April 30 and leaving on Sunday May 4.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #17

Registry
I'd really like to come but it will depend on whether I'm still working on getting the house ready to sell. (Ideally, it would be ready and we could leave while the realtor holds an open house!) But will have to try booking at or near the last minute to do that as I won't know very far in advance. In any case, I will plan to come for the Dutch Oven workshop even if just driving over for the day. (Assuming there is one!)
Old 01-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy A View Post
Lily and I are coming however, we'll most likely be in site #87 so we won't be utilizing any of the reserved sites. I am sending you a check for $7.00 for Rally Supply fee.

We'll be in on Wed. April 30 and leaving on Sunday May 4.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Joy;
Please be aware, when you don't make the reservation through me you're not eligible for the group reservation price.

Thanks
Marianne
Old 01-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
I'd really like to come but it will depend on whether I'm still working on getting the house ready to sell. (Ideally, it would be ready and we could leave while the realtor holds an open house!) But will have to try booking at or near the last minute to do that as I won't know very far in advance. In any case, I will plan to come for the Dutch Oven workshop even if just driving over for the day. (Assuming there is one!)
Last minute reservation:
Would you know by mid April? Remember the first day of the rally is May 1st. Kind of early this year. Just let me know as soon as you do

Dutch Over:
Of course there will be a Dutch Oven Workshop. We also will be doing a 'demo ??' with Sourdough bread.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #20

Registry
I should know by mid-April. If I get everything I need to done during spring break I'll be free to go. Early is the only reason I can even consider going- the later date is too close to leaving for Washington.

Tags
rally