BC 2014, May 23-25: BC Glass Eggs Fiberglass Trailer Meet - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-14-2014, 01:51 PM   #15

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Confirmed with Fort Camping that they have had 32 Glass Eggs make reservations so far.
Should be fun!

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #16

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Little Guy Teardrop
Ontario
Go to the bakery beside the BC Liquor store and have a cinnamon bun for me!

Old 03-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #17

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Washington
Registry
Hi Carol,
I just realized that Fort Langley is only 31 miles from my home in Bellingham, WA.
Am I welcome to join you folks for the BC Glass Eggs Fiberglass Meet?

Fran
Old 03-15-2014, 12:42 AM   #18

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by francene View Post
Hi Carol,
I just realized that Fort Langley is only 31 miles from my home in Bellingham, WA.
Am I welcome to join you folks for the BC Glass Eggs Fiberglass Meet?

Fran
Fran you most definitely are welcome to come, we have a number of people from the south (as far as Texas actually) who regularly attend our meets! Just book it fast - I talked to Fort Camping earlier this week they only had 3 spots left in the Kingfisher loop we are all staying in. They do have other spots open in the park just not in the same loop most will be in. They are on winter hours so you actually need to call monday to Friday during the day to make reservations for the meet or you could go to their website and book online anytime - just make sure you put in the notes section you are attending the BC Glass Eggs meet.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #19

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Washington
Registry
Thanks for the information, Carol. I'll look into booking.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #20

British Columbia
Registry
Our Fort Langley Meet - Friday May 23 to Sunday May 25th is coming up fast!! Looks like we will have a very full house with some folks arriving on Thursday.

Friday night will be an informal Meet and Greet at a fire by the 16' Scamp - don't know the site number yet but it will be in the Kingfisher loop in the area of sites 10 to 16.

Trailer tours will be on Saturday from 10 AM to 1 PM.
We may have an informal Bocci tournament on Saturday afternoon if the weather is good.

Pot Luck on Saturday night to be held at 6 PM This will be held by the Scamp 16' if the weather is good otherwise it will be held in the room above the washrooms in the Salamander loop. Bring your own plates, cutlery, drinks. Also chairs if we eat outside.

Things to bring:
* Name tags
* Pot luck Food for Saturday - enough for 8-10 people.
* Bocci Balls if you have them.
* A portable table if you have one for the pot luck.
* Friday night if the weather is poor - we may need a few pop up shelters to keep folks dry at the campfire.
* Something to share at the meet and greet. Food or drink.
* A donation to the prize draw on Saturday night would be great - big or small - purchased or handmade.

Looking forward to seeing many of the old faces we haven't seen in awhile as well as many new faces.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:32 AM   #21

Name: Lise
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Registry
I am planning to come to the meetup for the day on Saturday.

New to the group, and at the beginning of exploring the world of fiberglass campers. Hopefully will come with family in tow to check out all the "eggs" and get excited about the possibilities!

We'll come up from Seattle on Friday night and stay overnight in Burnaby, then drive over to Fort Camping Saturday morning. If the weather's predicted to be at all what it's been the last few days, we'll bring our tent and see if anything opens up to stay Saturday night.

So excited to see a bunch of trailers in person, I've only looked at them online so far!
Old 05-15-2014, 01:30 AM   #22

British Columbia
Registry
Thats Great Lise look forward to meeting you. The trailers will be open for tours from 10 to 1 on Saturday - although is people are around I am sure they will let you check out there trailers outside that time frame. You are also welcome to stick around for the potluck on Saturday evening.

When I last checked with the campground a few days ago we had 44 trailers booked for the meet so there should be lots for you to see.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #23

Name: Lise
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Registry
Thanks Carol, I'm looking forward to it. It's all I can do to hold myself back in replying to some of the 'for sale' ads. "One thing at a time", right?
Old 05-16-2014, 12:35 AM   #24

Name: Charmaine & Dave
Trailer: ARMADILLO
British Columbia
I just checked the park website and all the reservable spots are full. We only live an hour away from Langley so planning to come out and try to snag a spot for saturday night. Did anyone call to see how many nonreservable sites are there?

dave and char
Old 05-16-2014, 01:13 AM   #25

British Columbia
Registry
Great come on out! You should give the campground a call they should be able to tell you what they have, I seem to recall that on week-ends they have a 2 night min...
Old 05-23-2014, 02:35 AM   #26

Name: Peter
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee 15'-0
British Columbia
Wow, I haven't been on the FGRV site for quite a while and didn't know about this meet. Haven't got our Trillium going yet this year due to one thing and another so couldn't come and camp if I had been tuned in.

We live just down the road from Fort Langley, in Surrey, so is it OK to 'Drop In' at the meet if not camping? Sure would like to see what others have done with their trailers ... !

Peter
Old 05-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #27

British Columbia
Registry
Thanks everyone who came out to the meet! We had a great turn out lots of old faces and new faces. The weather on Friday evening and Saturday cleared up nicely!

THANKS to everyone for bringing some GREAT food and draw prizes!

As was mentioned at the meet the group needs a new wagon master so the campouts can continue.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:54 PM   #28

Name: Marina
Trailer: 1978 Biggar / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
British Columbia
Registry
Thanks Carol for all the hard work you have put into this Rally, you can have a well earned rest now. (Your going to need it with the puppy). It was an awesome meet.
Marina.