BC 2014, May 23-25: BC Glass Eggs Fiberglass Trailer Meet - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-14-2014, 11:32 PM   #21

Name: Lise
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Registry
I am planning to come to the meetup for the day on Saturday.

New to the group, and at the beginning of exploring the world of fiberglass campers. Hopefully will come with family in tow to check out all the "eggs" and get excited about the possibilities!

We'll come up from Seattle on Friday night and stay overnight in Burnaby, then drive over to Fort Camping Saturday morning. If the weather's predicted to be at all what it's been the last few days, we'll bring our tent and see if anything opens up to stay Saturday night.

So excited to see a bunch of trailers in person, I've only looked at them online so far!
Old 05-15-2014, 12:30 AM   #22

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Thats Great Lise look forward to meeting you. The trailers will be open for tours from 10 to 1 on Saturday - although is people are around I am sure they will let you check out there trailers outside that time frame. You are also welcome to stick around for the potluck on Saturday evening.

When I last checked with the campground a few days ago we had 44 trailers booked for the meet so there should be lots for you to see.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #23

Washington
Registry
Thanks Carol, I'm looking forward to it. It's all I can do to hold myself back in replying to some of the 'for sale' ads. "One thing at a time", right?
Old 05-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #24

Name: Charmaine & Dave
Trailer: ARMADILLO
British Columbia
I just checked the park website and all the reservable spots are full. We only live an hour away from Langley so planning to come out and try to snag a spot for saturday night. Did anyone call to see how many nonreservable sites are there?

dave and char
Dave & Charmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #25

Registry
Great come on out! You should give the campground a call they should be able to tell you what they have, I seem to recall that on week-ends they have a 2 night min...
Old 05-23-2014, 01:35 AM   #26

Name: Peter
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee 15'-0
British Columbia
Wow, I haven't been on the FGRV site for quite a while and didn't know about this meet. Haven't got our Trillium going yet this year due to one thing and another so couldn't come and camp if I had been tuned in.

We live just down the road from Fort Langley, in Surrey, so is it OK to 'Drop In' at the meet if not camping? Sure would like to see what others have done with their trailers ... !

Peter
peatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #27

Registry
Thanks everyone who came out to the meet! We had a great turn out lots of old faces and new faces. The weather on Friday evening and Saturday cleared up nicely!

THANKS to everyone for bringing some GREAT food and draw prizes!

As was mentioned at the meet the group needs a new wagon master so the campouts can continue.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #28

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Thanks Carol for all the hard work you have put into this Rally, you can have a well earned rest now. (Your going to need it with the puppy). It was an awesome meet.
Marina.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #29

Washington
Registry
Thumbs up

Thanks for organizing Carol, what a fantastic event! You folks really now how to potluck, and to get good weather for it too!

I was the newbie without a trailer but with many questions. My friend (also named Lise), my daughter and I were so taken with it all that we decided to stay the night--we were in the renegade VW Westfalia just at the end of the Kingfisher Loop--you all passed us in the rain on your way out of Fort Camping. We finally made it out about 1/2 hour after checkout time--gave me a chance to get some pointers on flushing gray and black water over at the dump station!

I want to thank all of you for welcoming me, and being so generous with your time and ideas about glass eggs! I learned so much and saw some fantastic trailers.

Thanks to Carol and Lorraine for all the insights on choosing and outfitting your trailer, I’m sure I’ll be contacting you both in the weeks to come. I love the idea of solar power! Thanks Ken for the tour of your rig and power situation. Thanks to Joan and her husband for the conversation at the potluck, and for generously giving our kids your frisbee. Hope you’re both enjoying your bee hive! And Gary enjoying his beer flavorer! I know your wife loved the umbrella. I don’t know about the rest of you, but our corner at the potluck should have been called the renegades! It was a lot of fun and I was so happy to meet such great people, and such good cooks. I was even forgiven for being an American.

I did call the guy who had a trailer for sale, but never heard back. I’ll keep checking the postings, something will come up for me. For the time being I am going to try to rent a Boler or other such trailer and take it out for a few days. I want to be sure this is the right move for me, that I make the decision with not only my heart but my brain too.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #30

Name: Don
Trailer: '79 Boler 1700RGH
British Columbia
Was a great meet as per usual! Lots of 17's this year, was happy to see that.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:13 PM   #31

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Lise, glad you hear you had fun. This gathering is on my bucket list.

You mentioned wanting to rent a Boler. I don't know where in Washington State you're located, but this place has a Boler (and a U-Haul) for rent and they're located in Bellingham. Old School Trailer Works Tow Rentals from Old School Trailer Works

I hope this helps
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #32

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Now, if we could just move it to another weekend in June, so we could go to both Tiadnapam (always over the "free Fishing Weekend") and the Langley weekend the next weekend, or the previous weekend. Sandy and I would love to go to both.

Please consider it?

Mike
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:14 PM   #33

Registry
Hi Mike sorry we missed you this year do to scheduling.

Hopefully who ever takes over the meet will take your request into consideration for next year.... so far no one has stepped up to organize the meet yet though. :-(