BC 2014, May 23-25: BC Glass Eggs Fiberglass Trailer Meet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #1

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
2014, May 23-25: BC Glass Eggs Fiberglass Trailer Meet

Mark you calenders the 2014 BC Glass Egg Fiberglass trailer meet dates have been set for Friday May 23rd to Sunday May 25th 2014.

The meet will be held at the Brae Island Regional Park in Fort Langley BC also known as Fort Camping.

We will be holding trailer tours and a pot luck on the Saturday.

More details on how to register will be posted shortly, just need to work a few details out.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Carol H.,

Sounds good, but has Fort Langley (town) rebuilt the grocery store that burned down, and whatever else that might have been damaged and/or destroyed?

Mike P.
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #3

Registry
Mike, it was just the grocery store that burnt down and when I was there last summer it still had not been rebuilt. Large grocery stories are about 7 miles away in the main town of Langley though.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #4

Name: Tony
Trailer: 81 Dolphin
British Columbia
The store is all rebuilt and open for business.
Ynotrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Trillium
Registry
This sounds great, Donna and me,Doug ,will be attending ,looking forward to meeting all of you and some of the old croud from last year at Marwane,AB. This will be our second gathering and looking forward to it, any suggestions on anything special we should bring, being newbees an all, a gesture would be nice.
Douglas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #6

Registry
Hi Doug, look forward to meeting you. This years meet is going to be a little more laid back or I should say fewer organized events than the past few years - thus the reason we have put it back to a public park. So you will have sometime to explore the area. Some of us will be arriving on the Thursday although the meet doesn't actually start until Friday. We will probable have a group fire on Friday night and of course the Trailer tours on Saturday as well as a pot luck Saturday night. We do try and have a prize draw so if you wish you can bring something small or large for that. Firewood for the group fire is always welcome. If you have name tags that would be great. Bring a rain jacket and a bathing suit as the weather can go any which way! LOL
Old 01-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #7

Trailer: 1976 Trillium
Registry
Thanks Carol, info appriciated, we will also be there on Thursday with our 74 Trillium and looking forward to meet all of you. We will bring some fire wood and working on getting a prise or two for someone to win, see you then.
Douglas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Is this the first year back at Fort Langley since it was last held there? I attended there in early June, 2009, when I went to Escape to pick up my then new trailer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #9

Registry
Yes it is Jim, the BC meets in recent years have been held at a private campground near Mission called the Sons of Norway.

We are heading back to Fort Langley this year to give the meet organizers a little break. The Mission location is great and well loved by attendees & lots of fun times and stories have come out of the meets held there the past few years. Mission is more rural of a setting allowed for big late night fire pit & a private group party without bothering other campers who where not attending the meet. But with that came a lot of added responsibility/liability & work for the meet organizers as they were also responsible for collection camping fees, assigning spots and make sure the few rules that were in place were followed.

Decided to switch it up a little and head back to Fort Langley this year as it was also enjoyed more by those who need power to camp which was only available to a limited number of spots at the Mission location. The Fort is also very popular with those who like to go shopping as Fort Langley is a neat little town.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #10

Registry
It is a nice location at Fort Langley. I do remember dealing with a rather unnecessarily snarky employee though. Could be what I bring out in people though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #11

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Is this the first year back at Fort Langley since it was last held there? .
Ummmm expect so
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:12 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantb View Post
Ummmm expect so
Oh hush. LOL
Old 03-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
It is a nice location at Fort Langley. I do remember dealing with a rather unnecessarily snarky employee though. Could be what I bring out in people though.
LOL you were not allow in bringing out the best in the employees. To be honest that was one of big reasons we took a break from going there for a few years. They have indicated that they are very pleased to have us return so we will see how it goes....
Old 03-12-2014, 11:20 PM   #14

Registry
Looks like we are going to have a good turn out. I talked to the park today and they only have 3 spots left that they were holding for us in the Kingfisher loop. If not booked by the end of the month they will release them to the public.

If you are thinking of joining us you give them a call quickly.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:51 PM   #15

Registry
Confirmed with Fort Camping that they have had 32 Glass Eggs make reservations so far.
Should be fun!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #16

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Go to the bakery beside the BC Liquor store and have a cinnamon bun for me!
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #17

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Hi Carol,
I just realized that Fort Langley is only 31 miles from my home in Bellingham, WA.
Am I welcome to join you folks for the BC Glass Eggs Fiberglass Meet?

Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:42 PM   #18

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by francene View Post
Hi Carol,
I just realized that Fort Langley is only 31 miles from my home in Bellingham, WA.
Am I welcome to join you folks for the BC Glass Eggs Fiberglass Meet?

Fran
Fran you most definitely are welcome to come, we have a number of people from the south (as far as Texas actually) who regularly attend our meets! Just book it fast - I talked to Fort Camping earlier this week they only had 3 spots left in the Kingfisher loop we are all staying in. They do have other spots open in the park just not in the same loop most will be in. They are on winter hours so you actually need to call monday to Friday during the day to make reservations for the meet or you could go to their website and book online anytime - just make sure you put in the notes section you are attending the BC Glass Eggs meet.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #19

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Thanks for the information, Carol. I'll look into booking.
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #20

Registry
Our Fort Langley Meet - Friday May 23 to Sunday May 25th is coming up fast!! Looks like we will have a very full house with some folks arriving on Thursday.

Friday night will be an informal Meet and Greet at a fire by the 16' Scamp - don't know the site number yet but it will be in the Kingfisher loop in the area of sites 10 to 16.

Trailer tours will be on Saturday from 10 AM to 1 PM.
We may have an informal Bocci tournament on Saturday afternoon if the weather is good.

Pot Luck on Saturday night to be held at 6 PM This will be held by the Scamp 16' if the weather is good otherwise it will be held in the room above the washrooms in the Salamander loop. Bring your own plates, cutlery, drinks. Also chairs if we eat outside.

Things to bring:
* Name tags
* Pot luck Food for Saturday - enough for 8-10 people.
* Bocci Balls if you have them.
* A portable table if you have one for the pot luck.
* Friday night if the weather is poor - we may need a few pop up shelters to keep folks dry at the campfire.
* Something to share at the meet and greet. Food or drink.
* A donation to the prize draw on Saturday night would be great - big or small - purchased or handmade.

Looking forward to seeing many of the old faces we haven't seen in awhile as well as many new faces.