UT 2014, May 8-11: Moab UT - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #61

Name: Alan
Trailer: Escape 19'
Colorado
Registry
It appears noone will starve to death !
Alan Ardizone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #62

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
We're bringing a four bean salad, and a cinnamon coffee cake for the group breakfast.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #63

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekers View Post
YUM! Your making me hungry. I'm making a fresh pasta dish for the potluck and bringing lots of sausages for the breakfast potluck.
I'm looking forward to MEETING YOU IN MOAB.
Patti
Breakfast Potluck ?? Somehow I missed that . I'm already in Green River Utah headed to Highway 128 for some boondocking at Hittle Bottom if I can get a spot. The weather here is great but a little windy today. The trip so far has been mostly trouble free. I will not have internet access for a few days. I hope to be in Moab Tuesday and arrive at gold bar Wednesday PM. See ya.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #64

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Jack, like Alan said, no one will starve so don't stress.
I like the sites at Goose island, but who knows what will be open.
Safe travels. See you tuesday or wednesday.
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #65

Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
We are so sorry that we're going to miss this one! Our pup just isn't well enough to go, yet. But it sounds like the first annual Utah rally is going to be an absolute blast! It will be annual, right?

We can't wait to hear about all the fun you have and can't wait until we can make it. Happy travels to all of you!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #66

Name: Fran
Trailer: None now - had 2 Scamps and 1 Escape
Registry
Hopefully someone going to the Rally will help get this word to Patti. I'll try to call her today. We have to cancel. Close friends who move to NM a year ago are having a medical crisis and we feel we need to stay home to provide support for them. We thought maybe things would improve and waited to the last moment to cancel. We hope everyone has a great time and look forward to the 2nd Annual Utah rally!
Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #67

New Mexico
Registry
My first ever fiberglass trailer rally, at the Gold Bar recreation site outside Moab, 10 miles deep into rock country, was golden. Had it all: Escapes, Scamps, U-Hauls, was that a Bigfoot and, I think, a Boler? Very cool beans, as Donna would say.

Tucked into a corner beside the Colorado River, surrounded by red cliffs that rocked, the hot dogs were delicious, the campfire and conversations much fun. Oh, that Dutch oven pizza! Thank you Patti and all who helped make the weekend so nice for us.
Attached Thumbnails
MoabR01.jpg   MoabR08.jpg  

Old 05-15-2014, 06:51 PM   #68

Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
It would have been so nice to meet up with all of you! We're both glad to hear it was a success and although it will make us more disappointed for missing it, we hope to see more pictures and trip reports. Happy trails!
Old 05-15-2014, 08:47 PM   #69

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Well, I liked the rally so much I stayed a few more days. After Gold Bar I stopped in Canyonlands to see the Needles It was cold and wet Then on to Mesa Verde where it was cold and snowy. Last night I was at Hovenweep where it was warm and very pleasant. So far the trip has been wonderful with no problems. Tonight I'm in Blanding with WiFi and full hookup Heading to Monument Valley in a few days

The Moab rally was lots of fun and I really enjoyed being a part of it. Patti and her friends Mike and Sue really put a lot of effort into it to make it so much fun. They deserve a big thank you.

I'll post photos when I get home in mid June. This retired life is sure fun.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #70

New Mexico
Registry
Blooming cactus flowers.
Attached Thumbnails
CactFlow1.jpg  
Old 05-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #71

Name: Jim & Kathy
Northern Colorado
Great photos Myron, thanks for posting...

Kathy & Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Leski View Post
My first ever fiberglass trailer rally, at the Gold Bar recreation site outside Moab, 10 miles deep into rock country, was golden. Had it all: Escapes, Scamps, U-Hauls, was that a Bigfoot and, I think, a Boler? Very cool beans, as Donna would say.

Tucked into a corner beside the Colorado River, surrounded by red cliffs that rocked, the hot dogs were delicious, the campfire and conversations much fun. Oh, that Dutch oven pizza! Thank you Patti and all who helped make the weekend so nice for us.