CA 2014, Oct 30-Nov 2: Fiberglass Rally @ Lake Casitas, Ca - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #1

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
2014, Oct 30-Nov 2: Fiberglass Rally @ Lake Casitas, Ca

Hello Rally Friends,
Just a note to let you know that the 2014 Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas will be held Thursday October 30th through Sunday November 2nd, 2014. You're welcome to come early and stay later and I know a lot of us will be doing that too. We'll be in the BASS section and it has hook-ups, water and electricity and a few dry camping spaces. Please review the online map for your best choice and details of the campground.
The Lake Casitas reservation office is open from 8am-3pm Monday-Friday and closed on Saturday and Sunday. Call M-F 805.649.1122 or go online to make a reservation during the weekend (Saturday & Sunday) at www.reservations.casitaswater.org

CALL OR GO ONLINE EARLY to get the camp spot you want!!!! The Bass section fills up quickly! As of right now, May 26th there are only 8 spaces left!!!
As many of you know from our last rally in Oct of 2013 Carol and Jim, the originators of this fun Rally, decided to step down from the paperwork of putting this Rally together. Happily they will still join us as they can! I jumped in to keep this great event going and you heard my plea.....PLEASE step up to the plate and help with activities. I know you want to see them continue because I talked to a few of you about it. And besides you all have such great activities so let's share your wealth of information and fun things to do during our Rally!
What I'm asking is, please send me the name of the activity you want to do along with a brief description, the day and time slot you want to do it and I'll put it on the itinerary. It's that simple. Then the fun begins! If we have overlapping activities, more the merrier! If you don't want your activity to overlap let me know this too, in fact give me as much information that you can think of to make this go smoothly.
As soon as I have all the activities from you I will make up the itinerary and share it with everyone.
Hopefully we can do this all by the end of August.

Once you've made a reservation for camping in the BASS section please send me the following info;
Your first name
Site #
city
trailer info
dates you will be with us
notes-ie, cat or dog coming

I'm really looking forward to our 2014 Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas, California with each of you.
See you in October!
All the best
Paula
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:13 AM   #2

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
As of this evening there are only 4 tent sites open in the Bass section. Sorry for the bad news.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #3

California
Registry
BASS sites

Yes the sites are going fast but the good news is the last of the sites have the best views of the lake. If all the BASS sites are gone there are still plenty of others sites in the Park to choose from, with and without hookups.
Please contact me or the Park if you have any questions about the other sites.
Paula
Old 05-29-2014, 01:04 PM   #4

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I would really like to make this event, but before it was announced, I made reservations for another on the same weekend. Hopefully, I'll be able to come next year. Have a GREAT time!!!!

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:21 PM   #5

California
Registry
2015?

Hi Alice

Mark your calendar for 2015 the weekend of Halloween. That's what I do if I know an event is next year and I want to go.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #6

Name: Roger & Sudy
Trailer: Escape 17'
California
Your names: Roger and Sudy Wade
Site #B48
city: Temecula, CA
trailer info: 17' Escape
dates you will be with us: Oct 31-Nov 2
notes: Honey, our golden retriever (english cream) coming with us!
rogersudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #7

California
Registry
Roger, Sudy and Honey

So glad you'll be joining us!
Thanks for the roster info and we'll see you soon!
Paula
Old 06-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #8

California
Registry
list of whose coming-are you joining us?

Hi Everyone

Thanks to you, who have reserved so far. We have 54 folks in 28 rigs signed up as of today, June 7 and I understand that there are only four non-hook up spaces left in BASS campground. Please reserve in EGRET campground if you need hookups since it is the closest to Bass or grab a non hook-up in Bass.

If you have made a reservation for the 2014 Lake Casitas Fiberglass Rally and NOT posted this information please post it.
Please post the following info:
1st name of persons attending
Site number reserved
Nights reserved
Year and Trailer Type
Pets

IMPORTANT: Please click on my name on the left to send me an email, with the following information: site number, first and last names of those attending, email address, phone number, city & state, trailer info, dates you’ll be attending, pets, and any notes. This information is used only for our roster for emergency purposes only - it will not be handed out.
We are trying very hard to keep track of whose joining us and making reservations. I will be sending out an itinerary a few weeks before our event and I really want you to have this info, but I’ll need your email to send it to you.

If you were at our Rally in previous years please dig out your name tags and put them in your rig so they’ll be there for use when you arrive in October. If you don’t have a name tag please let me know in your email to me.

Here is a list of those we know are joining us in October of 2014. Your name should be here and if it isn't please let me know.

Thanks for helping us get our 2014 Rally rolling!
Paula

B 1-Mark
B 2-Barbara & Frank
B 3-Ken & Marilyn
B 5-Nancy & Al
B 6-Steve & Lesley
B 8-Frederick & Robert
B 9-Bill & Gisela
B 10-Chris
B 11-Les & Carole
B 14-Philip & Helen
B 17-Paula & Cathy
B 19-Jeannie & Alan
B 20-Jim & Carol
B 21-Bob & Cleette
B 22-Greg & Ann
B 24-Mike & Shari
B 25-Jane & Lori
B 31-Roz & Erwin
B 37-John & Anita
B 40-Dave & Linn
B 42-Paul & Jeanne
B 43-Alan
B 44-Wes & Debbie & Dee Ann
B 45-Dave & Elizabeth
B 46-Jim & Carolyn
B 47-Ken & Cheryl
B 48-Roger & Sudy
B 49-Elvin & Sally
Old 06-08-2014, 12:06 AM   #9

California
Here ya go Paula.

Your names: Gage & Tanya Enoch
Site #B38
city: Palmdale, CA
trailer info: 1981 Burro
dates you will be with us: 10/30/14 - 11/2/14
Pets: 1 Scotty named Mickey

Note: My sister (Stephani) is in site #B39 but does not have an 'EGG'. If there is a problem with that, please let me know.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #10

California
Registry
Hi Gage and Tanya
Thanks for your info and we'll see you in October. No problem with sis in B39! At one time we too didn't have "eggs" and maybe she's shopping?! What better place to do this with our "open house" event! We're glad sis can join us!
Old 07-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #11

Name: Eric
Trailer: Chalet Arrowhead
California
Hi Paula,

I don't have a Casita, but I would like to visit the Rally to check them out. I want to buy one after this camping season.

You mention an Open House. Is there a website with a schedule of events or can you post what day the Open House is likely to occur. I understand that it is WAY too soon to have details like that settled.

Thanks,

Eric
Riverside, CA
EricJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:21 PM   #12

California
Hello Eric, I'm not Paula but maybe I can help. At Vintage Trailer Rallies and Teardrop Gatherings, open house is on Saturday all day. Late morning, early afternoon is the best time. They do things a little different at these Rallies but always on Sturday. There will be other types of Fiberglass Trailers there besides Casita's so come on out and look around. Be sure to bring your camera and take pictures.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #13

California
Registry
Hi Eric

Hi Eric

Yes by all means come on by and check out rigs. Folks do that just to see the different rigs, talk to owners and get ideas of what they would like to buy. You can also get great ideas of what changes owners have made to their rigs. It's a fun time!

There is camping if you'd like to pitch a tent and join us too. Sites are online and they are the sites with the little tent icons.

Our open house dates are not set up yet but keep an eye on the forums for that schedule. I will probably put that schedule out sometime in early October. In years past they were held Friday and Saturday's around 10-noon and most likely we'll do something like those hours.

See you in October.

Paula
ps...Thanks Gage for your input! Love to hear comments from others!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #14

California
Registry
Lake Casitas 2014 list as of 7/16/14

We're getting close to our 2014 Rally! The BASS campground is almost full and a few folks still need to let me know, if they can, what sites they've reserved.

The following is our list of those attending.

Lake Casitas 2014 list as of 7/16/14

B-01 Mark
B-02 Barbara & Frank
B-03 Ken & Marilyn
B-05 Nancy & Al
B-06 Steve & Lesley
B-07 Doug & Mary
B-08 Frederick & Robert
B-09 Bill & Gisela
B-10 Chris
B-11 Les & Carol
B-13 Sally & Jim
B-14 Phillip & Helen
B-15 Richard & RoseMarie
B-17 Paula & Cathy
B-19 Jeannie & Alan
B-20 Carol & Jim
B-21 Bob & Cleette
B-22 Greg & Ann
B-24 Mike & Shari
B-25 Jane & Lori
B-31 Roz & Erwin
B-38 Gage & Tanya
B-39 Stephani
B-40 Dave & Linn
B-41 Eugene & Barbara
B-42 Paul & Jeanne
B-43 Alan & Cindy
B-44 Wes & Debbie
B-45 Dave & Elizabeth
B-46 Jim & Carolyn
B-47 Ken & Cheryl
B-48 Roger & Sudy
B-49 Elvin & Sally

Please let me know if I've spelled your name incorrectly and since I'm new please let me know if you're new too. You can just click on my photo and send me a personal note. I'd like to be able to have a name badge waiting for the new folks to our Rally.

If you know of someone that is coming and don't see their name here have them contact me too.

Thanks and see you soon
Paula

Old 09-06-2014, 11:14 PM   #15

California
Registry
Help all campers!

2 months and counting! I can't wait!
This is my rough draft and it will change I’m sure before the Rally
I really need your help for the activities campers!
You can have a round-table talk about anything pertaining to camping, trips, food, decorating, items to camp with, safety, emergency items, solar, or traveling with pets. Time of activity just depends on how long you want it to last.
Help us by welcoming new folks to the Rally, set up tablecloths on big tables, get the campfire going and I’m sure you have ideas and skills too you’d like to share!
I would love to put your name and event on this itinerary. Contact me ok!
2014 Fiberglass Rally-DRAFT
Lake Casitas, California
October 30th-November 2nd
*Please bring your chair and small table for all happy hours, meals, campfires and activities. The big tables with tablecloths will be for serving food only. They will be on the grassy area, under the big tree, right near B20
**Please bring your name tag and wear it so folks can get to know you. Every one loves to be called by their name. If you’re new, or need a name tag PLEASE let me (site B17)know ASAP!

Lake Casitas Recreation Area …. 11311 Santa Ana Road Ventura, CA 93001
805-649-2233 for general information.

Check in time is 2pm. You may be able to occupy the campsite earlier if it’s vacant.
The entry gate is locked at night. Arriving late?? Call and ask what time they lock the gate-805.649.1122
Please bring firewood to B-17. Nightly campfires start around 5:30 and hope to see you there! If we have enough wood morning campfires with coffee and conversation are a treat too!
As the sun goes down around 6 so does the warm air. Bring a jacket or blanket to keep warm!

THURSDAY-Welcome Everyone!
Rig Weighing by Frederick-more info to follow
3:30 Happy Hour site #_______ Hosted by_______
Bring your favorite appetizer to share and something to wash it down with
5:30 Campfire @ B17 Smores?
Please remember * and **

FRIDAY-Happy Halloween! Decorate you and your rigs as you like!
11:00-12:00 Open House/trailers/rigs Show off your rig and help others learn the tricks of the camping lifestyle!
12:30 Ice Cream Social at the big tables near B17. Please bring toppings to table by 12:15. Bring Ice Cream at 12:30. Please volunteer to help serve and cleanup. This is a Potluck Ice Cream Social. Bring ice cream, toppings, fruit of any kind, cookies, cupcakes, candy, anything you’d like as your topping. I’ll supply bowls, spoons, napkins and serving spoons.
1:00-3:00 FOR SALE Items/Trade/Free. Bring your camping treasures you no longer use or need and set up in front of your rig (or mine B17) so folks can walk around and see what’s for sale, trade or free! YES there will be freebies!
5:30 Weiner Roast @ campfire near B17. Let’s get fire started by 5pm. Bring your roasting stick, hot dogs, buns, plates, utensils, condiments, and something yummy to share. Smores too?
Please remember * and **

SATURDAY-Let the party begin
10:00 “25 Words or Less-My RV Adventure” Meet Cathy at B17 to share your story that you have written earlier, in 25 words or less.
10:30-12:00 Open House/trailer/rigs
1:00-2:30 For Sale Items at your rig
3:00 Halloween Pet parade +Reverse Trick or Treat
Join Carol & Jim @ B20 and our pets for a stroll around the BASS section
Dress yourself and/or your pets for the Halloween holiday
Bring your “trick or treats” to share with others
4:00 DUTCH OVEN cooking and the tricks of doing it right!
Join Wes, Debbie & Dee Ann for hands on and how to do DO right.
5:30 POT LUCK begins. Please bring your yummy dishes before this witching hour and place on the big tables. We’ll all dig in promptly at 530! No cheating-the witch is watching you!
Campfire to follow @ B17 Smores?
“FALL BACK” one hour. Remember to set your clocks back one hour and get an extra hour of sleep tonight!
Please remember * and **

SUNDAY-
11:00 Survivors Leftover Luncheon @ B17 dining tables
Bring your yummy leftovers or new creations to share.
Goodbyes & hugs and we’ll make plans for our next campout with new and returning camping friends!
2:00 Round table discussion at B17
5:00 Potluck at the tables. Lets enjoy the early sunset at dinnertime!
Campfire, but of course!
Please remember * and **
MONDAY-?
Check out time is 12:00 noon whatever day you depart

This gives you an idea of the fun we have. This is a rough DRAFT and changes will be made and posted before the Rally.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #16

California
Registry
Add to our Rally:
FRIDAY 10/31 2:30 to 3:30 @ B2 "Tips, Tricks and Gadgets 101" Class with Frank
SATURDAY 2:00 to 2:30 @ B2 "Tips, Tricks and Gadgets 101" Class with Frank
Old 10-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #17

California
Registry
oops! The Ice Cream Social was posted on the wrong day. This should be on Saturday, same time, same place, just not on Friday! agh!
Also the Dutch Oven cooking will start at 3:30 not 4pm on Saturday to give everyone a chance to see how it's done.
Lake Casitas opened up two more Hook Up sites, B51 & B52. Come join us!
Old 10-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #18

Name: Andy
Trailer: Casita
California
Hi Casita Community, I finally got my-self a Casita. My 2007 SD is in great condition because the original owner kept it in an Airplane Hanger.

I was able to grab up a last minute campsite on Oct. 31st and Nov. 1st, for the rally.

I'll be in site B51 with my two dogs, Milo and Eddy.

Looking forward to meeting lots of Casita people.

Andy
ArtWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #19

California
I didn’t realize this was a Casita Rally. I thought it was for all makes of Molded Fiberglass Trailers. Hope I’m not intruding with my Vintage Burro. Guess maybe in the future I should stick to Vintage Trailer Rallies.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #20

Name: Andy
Trailer: Casita
California
All Fiber Glass Rally

Of course all Fiber Glass Trailers are included. I am just so caught up in my recent acquisition that I forgot.

Andy
ArtWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, rally