NC 2014, October 16-19: Cherokee - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #181

Name: Gene
Trailer: WAS: 1999 Casita SD17
Georgia
Mike and I had a great time at Cherokee. Thanks to all who made this great rally possible, and we have already booked site #78 for next year!
GeneSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #182

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
Everyone appeared to have fun, so I guess we can say it was a success. But I forgot to thank all those who made it a good time! Just a few activities but lots of people involved...Kip, thank you for your advice, support and making the egg parade happen.
Jean (Borderbrae)..thanks for the support and all the work with the web page.

Listing support people in order of activities: Meet and Greet...Merryn, Ann, Linda with name tags.
Dutch Oven Demo: Lora, Robert, Donna, Karen, Jona and David.
Friday bonfire: Robert and Gary
Potluck: Table decorations and covers-Linda L, other set up/take down- Ann, Jean and a host of others. Thank you all! And a special thanks to all the musicians, entertainers and the staff of Happy Holiday Park! See everyone next year!
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #183

Name: Roy&Marti
Trailer: Casita 17' FD
Tennessee
We had fun. What is the date for next year?
RoyMarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:17 AM   #184

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Hi Roy,

To the best of my knowledge, next years dates are October15-18.

That is Thursday thru Sunday. (3 nights)

Before leaving Sunday (Yesterday) Ann and I registered for the 14th-18th (4 nights).

Jennie the Social director said there were several others that had already
signed up for 2015. That was at approximately 9:15am. Gotta infer that they really enjoyed themselves to sign up a year in advance!

I'm starting a new thread for 2015, if I can figure how to do it again.
This much lead, should give enough time for more thought.

Go there for more info as understood at this point in time. Perhaps Lynne will offer clarification, as I certainly don't know all the "stuff"!

Thanks
Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:19 AM   #185

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
We had a great time. We met a lot of new people and enjoyed seeing some of our past camping buddies. So wonderful to see David and Lynne again and appreciate the hard work put into making this a first class rally. Duke and Beverlee
Beverlee Niskanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #186

Name: Robnmer
Trailer: 17' Casita Liberty Deluxe
Florida
Kip, Thanks to you and Lynne for all the "behind the scene tasks" you did to make this year a great success. We had a great time. Five of "our group" left the pot luck to grab sites for next year. We didn't know there was an Elvis in the house until Sunday, heard it was a hoot!! Ignoring the rain, we had a GREAT time. Robnmer
Robnmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #187

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Smile Hola, hola pepsi cola...

Thank you to all the busy beavers that got this show together... Big howdy do to all the old friends I got to see again and a bigger howdy do to the new friends I made this year. Look forward to seeing you perhaps at GE&H V if not sooner. Travel safe, stay alert, and enjoy life. Best to all. Shorty sends...
Chuck Dirnsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:55 PM   #188

Name: Chuck
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
We had a wonderful time at this year's Cherokee rally! Once things dried up a bit, it sure was nice getting to visit with friends old and new. Thanks to Lynne, Kip, the Dutch Oven Cooks, and others, for all their work in making the event such a success. We're booked on site #108 for next year, "Good Lord willing and Soco Creek don't rise", to paraphrase that old expression!

Vicki & Chuck Johnston
kolleel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #189

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Registry
We had a wonderful time at Cherokee this year. Thanks to Lynne and Kip and all that were involved in making the rally a success.
Skytalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #190

Name: Roy&Marti
Trailer: Casita 17' FD
Tennessee
This was our first rally and we enjoyed. I don't think I ever met Kip but I know Lynne as she is the one that told me about the Casita. We enjoyed meeting fellow campers and the activities were great. I loved being a frog. We hope to return next year.

Marti & Roy
RoyMarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #191

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
This was my first Rally and I thought it was great! Thanks to all that had a hand in making it a good time. I am booked for next year as well. See you all there!
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:01 AM   #192

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
This was my first Rally and I thought it was great! Thanks to all that had a hand in making it a good time. I am booked for next year as well. See you all there!
Chris,

Were you able to get a site near the other two u-hauls?

K
Old 10-23-2014, 04:38 AM   #193

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
I think Troy beat me to the one next to them but I am on the other side of him. Hope to get more U-Hauls to show up next year. It would be cool to have a line of them. But even where I was this year is still a very good site.
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:54 AM   #194

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Isn't anyone going to post even a single picture? There's a saying on some other fora I frequent that goes, "Pictures, or it didn't happen!" I won't go that far, but I sure would like a little virtual peek at the event. Pretty please...

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:31 AM   #195

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
Smile

Photos can be found at Casita in the Desert, Casita in the Mtns
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #196

Name: Tim
Trailer: Burro 13' trailer
North Carolina
Registry
Thanks to everyone involved for making this (our first) egg rally so much fun! Nancy and I enjoyed meeting so many like-minded folks! already looking forward to next year. We reserved site #79.
traffensperger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:08 AM   #197

Georgia
Thank You!

Two people really made this rally happen as it should.

Lynne took the reins this year. She said this was her first time at such an endeavor and was quite nervous about whether or not she could deal with the details. As she was not even sure what the details were supposed to be! I think she did as good a job as could possible be done, even by someone more experienced. She tied some new things and they worked. All the right things she did resulted in a lot of folks registering for 2015, before leaving.

Then behind the scenes was Jean. Jean voluntarily took the reins in 2012.
Without her, Cherokee rallies would have most likely not happened after the one in 2011.
She applied her personal touch and made C-2012 a success. Seems there were about 35+/- rigs attending. And Word got out!

Jean lead again in 2013. Rig count was nearly double that of 2012. And many people registered for 2014 before leaving the 2013 rally. Yes, it was that enjoyable!

Due to extended traveling, Jean was not planning to be at C-2014 but was kind enough to create a nice "Official" web page. So she was still with us from afar. She listed the activities, and participants list, and made countless additions, subtraction's, and changes. She also served as adviser when asked. Her travels took her to Texas around the first part of October. She made it a point to register and, from Texas, came to C-2014. Quietly helping where needed.

There were others that helped make it so enjoyable. I don't know who all did what, but a few names come to mind.

Lindalee did table cloths and decorations for as many Pot Luck tables as she had supplies for.

Donna took charge of the Dutch Oven demo.

Roger did the rally fire Friday night.

So many folks volunteered to help with putting together the name tags during Sweet and Greet. And helped prepare the Rec Room before and after Pot Luck. Those that gave donations to help with expenses. Those that opened their trailers for Show of Homes. And those that had campfires every night and welcomed anyone that stopped by.

Thanks to all!

Kip
Old 10-24-2014, 06:21 AM   #198

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffensperger View Post
Thanks to everyone involved for making this (our first) egg rally so much fun! Nancy and I enjoyed meeting so many like-minded folks! already looking forward to next year. We reserved site #79.
That is going to be a scary place with all those classics in a bundle!
Old 10-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #199

Name: Robnmer
Trailer: 17' Casita Liberty Deluxe
Florida
Kip, Who is Roger?? Robert and Gary worked the fire. (Havin' fun with you)
Robnmer
Robnmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:32 AM   #200

Georgia
Oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnmer View Post
Kip, Who is Roger?? Robert and Gary worked the fire. (Havin' fun with you)
Robnmer
Nice catch Robnmer! Thanks.

The fire was a nice extra touch, and thanks to Robert and Gary for keeping it burning.

I'm thinking that Lynne said, HH donated the wood for the fire.

I also forgot to mention the musicians at the fire and in the Rec Bldg , as well as the willing (and unwilling) uh..... "volunteers" participating inside the rec building!

Most likely every attendee, has special moments that will be remembered for a long time.

Kip