NC 2014, October 16-19: Cherokee - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #71

Name: Dave (and/or John)
Trailer: Scamp 16 SD std layout 6
Georgia
Registry
Kip, Just booked 916 arriving on the 16th. May need to have a campfire burning when we get there as we'll be coming down from a visit to Canada.

radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #72

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
10-4 John.

There will be several campfires burning in your honor.

Will you be towing a new Escape?

Kip

Old 04-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #73

Name: Dave (and/or John)
Trailer: Scamp 16 SD std layout 6
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
10-4 John.

There will be several campfires burning in your honor.

Will you be towing a new Escape?

Kip
HA! No new Escape for me! Gotta go into the miser mode since I retire next week. I'm hoping gas will drop to $1 a gallon before we head out on that trip just before Cherokee; we're going to drive about 4,000 miles, to DE, MA, Acadia National Park ME, NH, NY, North Bay Ontario, Cherokee. Maybe if I unplug 6 of the 8 cylinders in my truck I'll get 30 MPG?
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #74

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Congratulations on the retirement.

We just purchased a new vehicle that
has a six cylinder but a system that
lets it run on four or even three cylinders.
All automatically..........
Old 04-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #75

Name: Lynne
Trailer: 2011 19' Escape
Tennessee
It's been awhile since I have posted anything.....Kip has been doing a great job of keeping the site going.

Just on another site where someone was asking for information. Jean has a wonderful website that has all the information on it. I will try to post the link here but it is on the previous page if I fail.

Cherokee Rally 10/16/2014-10/19/2014
Old 04-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #76

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
Quote:
a six cylinder but a system that
lets it run on four or even three cylinders.
All automatically..........
Yep - in the 60s I had a Fiat that did that - also automatically. But it really needed all four cylinders:-)
Old 05-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #77

Trailer: Casita
Any more sites left?? Will call Holiday later today!

We are going to try to book a site at the CG for the Rally! Hope there is a site left! We are going up to Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg etc. anyway so we thought we'd build our dates for the Dollywood visit around the Rally! So we'll check it out!
Can anyone recommend any campgrounds near Dollywood ??? YES...I know the area is "tacky" and busy but Dollywood is on my "list"! Hopefully we can include the rally on this trip!
We are driving from Cocoa Beach FL. Will Stay in Savannah GA (Skidaway Is SP) a night or two (LOVE this SP!), then on to Columbia SC to Susquesentenial SP SC (another fav), then on to Paris MTN SP Greenville SC (visiting relatives in Greenville),then on to TN!
None of the stops listed above are etched in stone so if anyone has better suggestions along that route please let me know! Our plan was to leave (FL) early Sept. then loop around from TN (Dollywood) and have Cherokee Rally as our "ending" adventure. Then head back to FL! Again nothing definite yet. That's why I'll call the CG (Holiday>?) later today and see if there is a site left!
Looking forward to some feedback! We have a 2006 17ftSD Casita and tow with a 2008 Honda Ridgeline pickup! Hubby and I travel with our 3 year old cat named Dover! WE ALL LOVE IT!!! Happy Trails! Kokomo Joe
Old 05-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #78

Trailer: Scamp
Tennessee
Kokomo Joe,
Take a look at Riveredge rv park
Riveredge RV Park and Log Cabin Rentals | Pigeon Forge camping and rv park
We have stayed there it is very nice.
there is also a KOA on Vererans Blvd. but we have never stayed there.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #79

Tennessee
Kokomo Joe, there should be no problem getting a site. Please let me or Kip know your site number after you get registered.
Don't know if you are comfortable camping without hookups but we always stay up in the national park. Elkmont would not be a long drive and the GSMNP should cost less than $10 with a senior pass. Private campgrounds around the Smokies charge from $40 to $55 per night and October is considered a peak season...due to the leaf color.
Other options in Townsend are Tremont and the KOA. It would be a beautiful drive through Wear's Valley to get to Dollywood from Townsend. Cosby campground would be another option within the GSMNP. Lynne
Old 05-21-2014, 03:52 PM   #80

Name: Karen & Mike
Louisiana
we made our reservation for casita rally for Oct 15-19, 2014
# 72
2004 casita SPD
Louisiana
Karen and Mike

karenmike
Old 05-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #81

Tennessee
Thank you Karen and Mike. Will get you on the list! Are you part of the LA bunch that attended last fall? If not, looking forward to meeting you. Lynne
Old 05-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #82

Name: Karen & Mike
Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne r View Post
Thank you Karen and Mike. Will get you on the list! Are you part of the LA bunch that attended last fall? If not, looking forward to meeting you. Lynne
Yes we are in the same site from last year # 72 looking forward to seeing everyone
Old 05-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #83

Georgia
This and that!

Hi all,

I spent some time on the phone with Happy Holiday this morning..

As far as they are able to tell me, there are 48 rigs currently registered for Cherokee 2014. Not at all sure about the number of people. Guestimating 80+.

Please be sure and contact Lynne lyprs@aol.com , Jean borderbrae@aol.com, or me Kipann@att.net when you register, change sites, or cancel.

The official Web Page (created and maintained by Jean) is http://www.borderbrae.com/cherokee/cherokee.html

While on that Web page, You can click on "Participants" button and see who is scheduled and when they arrive. And the "Activities" button for schedules of events.

Sometimes there is a slight delay before all info is available on the Web page. Jean is very busy and sometimes a day or 2 may pass before she is able to get the information.

Thanks,
Kip
Old 05-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #84

Georgia
Same ole-same ole

Hello all,

The leadership and staff have had a Pow-Wow. My understanding is as follows.

The participant list is something that many or most rallies don't do. We think/thought it nice to have, so everyone would know who is coming, when they will be there, and where they are located.

I've been checking regularly with Happy Holiday and deciphering their list vs ours.

Simply put, HH can tell us which sites currently have Egg folks registered on them. Unfortunately they say that many of the sites have 4 people ,which is difficult for me to understand how four folks will be camping in an EGG. Especially when I'm pretty sure they are soloist.

Happy Holiday's latest count is 46 (not 48) rigs and 118 people. Also the names on some sites no longer coincide with what we have on the lists.
Obviously moves or cancellation are taking place, hopefully no other SURPRISE when we arrive.

We urge each person to periodically check the "Participants List" at
http://www.borderbrae.com/cherokee/cherokee.html for accuracy of your status. If it is accurate, no action is required. If inaccurate in any way, please notify one of us.

From this point on we will be relying strictly on your input.

Thanks,
Kip