NC 2014, October 16-19: Cherokee - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #141

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
I don't mean to insult you by suggesting the obvious, but are you sure you didn't accidentally unsubscribe to the thread. I am not subscribed to this particular thread, but I do get notifications on all those threads to which I am subscribed. If you check the obvious and everything is as it should be, you might want to bring this to the attention of a moderator.

Sent via Mental Telepathy directly to Fiberglass RV
I got notification of. This one.

Really weird!

Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #142

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Kip, that is weird. I think you should bring it to the attention of a moderator or the site administrator.

Sent via Mental Telepathy directly to Fiberglass RV
Old 09-08-2014, 03:55 AM   #143

Name: Roy&Marti
Trailer: Casita 17' FD
Tennessee
Have you checked your spam/junk mail? Sometimes I have had some of them show up there. Maybe the filter is trying to tell us something
RoyMarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #144

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMarti View Post
Have you checked your spam/junk mail? Sometimes I have had some of them show up there. Maybe the filter is trying to tell us something
Nothing in the junk folder. Will just try to remember to check in more often.

Thanks
Kip
Old 09-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #145

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Dirnsa View Post
Hello everyone. Hope all are well. Having not received any feedback to my post on 18 Jun 14, I throw the question out there, “Is there any interest in doing the chili dump at Cherokee on Friday night?” If so we need folks to help provide some of the required equipment which is as follows:
1. A donation of Chili. Either homemade, canned or store bought.
2. A large pot so we can mix it in.
3. A burner to cook it on.
4. A spoon/paddle to stir it.
5. And a ladle to serve it.
If you can support items 2 through 5 let me know via this medium or via email @ huevo_movil@yahoo.com. Thanks
Chuck, I have a 2 gallon cast iron pot and tripod for use over a fire if you think this would work let me know and I will bring them, I also have a ladle and a wooden spoon.

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
1410376958738.jpg  
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #146

Name: Karen & Mike
Trailer: Casita
Louisiana
Getting excited ! Time is getting near!!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
karenmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #147

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenmike View Post
Getting excited ! Time is getting near!!

Hi,

A couple was with us in 2013 from Louisiana.

Chris & Babs liked it enough that they were considering Hosting a rally in their area. I don't know any details!
Great couple and hope they can join us this year.

Kip
Old 09-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #148

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
Troy...re: the chili dump. We kicked the idea around and around and then kicked it out. We already have two extra events for this Cherokee rally....the meet and greet and the Dutch Oven Demo. It was decided another event was not necessary. There will be a central fire pit on Friday night and music in the activities building...(if any musicians decide to show.) Thanks for your offer. Maybe next year?

Another participant has brought the issue of firewood to my attention. With all of the diseases being transported through wood, please buy local (Cherokee area) firewood and not bring it from home.

Remember the link Cherokee Rally for information.
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #149

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Hi Kip and Lynne - we are looking forward to the Egg Rally! Is the "garage sale" still going to be part of the festivities? Our motto, "Keep it Simple Keep it Lite" has pushed us to discard lots of camping treasures that might be of use to fellow Eggers. Would it be ok for folks that want to participate in a flea market opportunity to just have their stuff to sell or give away
at their sites?

Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #150

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Hi again - I just looked at the participants and their sites. Wow, what a great crowd! Did you find out what sites Barry and Jewell and Walt from Va are on? I am worried about Carson and June way down on site 36 and Larry and Ashley from FL on site 46. I guess we will have to make special efforts to trek down and make them feel part of the group. Oh, other question, are there going to be any Parkliners at the Rally??🏁🏁

Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #151

Hi Jane! There is no problem with giving or selling used trailer/camping stuff. It would be a problem if the items encroached/infringed on the neighbor's site. Also don't want to make this a big yard sale with non camping items.
We have a Parkliner listed in the 800's section.
The rally is really filling up....there may be more down in the "other" part of the campground before it's over.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #152

Georgia
We too have concern for those registered far from the group.
We monitor where each rig is originally registered to. That is, if they notify us.

Sometimes folks register and tell HH they want a creek site, without mentioning "Egg Group".

If they notified us by E-Mail, Lynne or me or both will reply to them. Letting them know that they are far from the group.
Sometimes they move closer and notify us. Some may move without notifying us. And sometimes they prefer to be away from the others.
So it's difficult to keep up with. But we try!

If they told HH they are with us, then HH is supposed to inform them of our location, but that doesn't always happen.

This year, Lynne has decided to let folks make their own name tags with the supplies she furnishes. I think she said that will be done at the "Sweet & Greet". It is a good idea as they can personalize to their own taste. There may be additional times and locations.

In regards to Lynne's job as Host: She is making every effort for this rally's success. There are always countless details that need to be worked out, and she has certainly stepped up to the task. She has created a unique blend of tried and proven methods and adding her own ideas. And it appears to be working, smooth as silk.

There are 2 concerns that are always lurking.

1. The weather:
Which is hard to control, unless you happen to be "Jean".
Great news is that Jean will be attending, and just maybe Lynne can talk her into being in charge of that detail.

2. The Occasional unhappy camper: Please let me know if there is something, that you think could be fixed. And your solution to the problem would be most helpful! Lynne and I will discuss it. And if it can be corrected, it will be.

FWIW: The comfort station on the West side is still not heated according to HH. So those early morning showers will still be invigorating.

However,There are 2 others, and the central one is heated.

There is a wonderful assortment of Classic and modern trailers registered.
As of this post, there are 75 rigs, as far as we know. Most of the folks were there last year and many of them register for this year when they checked out of Cherokee 2013. There is also a goodly number of "Newbies" Joining us. Each year it just keeps getting better!

Kip
Old 09-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #153

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Omg you guys are doing great! 75 campers Lynn what did we have at the first rally about 23 egg campers? Looks like fun. I wish we could come, we have had a bad year. I broke my leg in feb Ray had a heart attack April 1, my dad past April 7 , my mom has been in hospital with her heart, Rays mom has been in hospital with copd, im about to lose my job. I will be having knee surgery about Rally time. Not a good year.If we are up and about we will try to get over your way one evening. If not you guys have a wonderful time. Cindy and Ray
CindyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #154

Oh Cindy....not a good year...I'm so sorry. I have been meaning to write you....will look for your address. Do hope to see you!

Everyone...this is the couple that started the Cherokee Rally!
Old 09-27-2014, 04:46 AM   #155

Georgia
Thank You !

Cindy, you and Ray have lbrought joy into many life's by developing and hosting the 2010 & 2011 Cherokee rallies.

You started something that took on a life of its very own. There is no way of knowing how many folks have looked forward to Cherokee. We certainly have.

Yes it is growing. You created it, Jean added her flare. Now Lynne has the honor. And it will likely grow more.

See what you started?

Thank you!
Kip
Old 10-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #156

Name: Melissa
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Cherokee rally

We are interested in attending Cherokee rally in Oct. w/ Lil Snoozy group if possible. Please send information on registering.

Thanks, Marian

2Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #157

Name: Melissa
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Kip-- Called HH. Signed up on site #77. See you'all soon . . .

Marian

2Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #158

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Is there an updated list of who is going to be there ? Thanks
Old 10-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #159

Name: Roy&Marti
Trailer: Casita 17' FD
Tennessee
Here is an updated list and information about events. We are ready! Cherokee Rally
RoyMarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #160

Georgia
Thanks Roy. We were getting ready or at church when these post came in. Lynne might want to put y'all on the payroll!

Kip