MI 2014, Sept 5-7: 3rd Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #101

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
I looked up your site (#53) There is a fire ring and picnic table on it. I'll try to attach a picture here:

https://www.midnrreservations.com/Im.../ALGO_53_1.jpg

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #102

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Thanks Tom….
Old 07-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #103

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Algonac Meet

Pam, Did you get my message that we are booked for the meet?

barb
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #104

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
I just rediscovered this photo from my very first trip anywhere with the Casita...Algonac. The date on the file says 11/19/2002. I took delivery on 10/30/2002. I came back a few weeks later and it snowed on me while I was there. Even so, I remember I wasn't the only one there that snowy weekend.

Past attendees know all about the view...warmer weather I'm sure.

Only 6 weeks away!
Attached Thumbnails
Casita5.jpg  
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #105

Michigan
How cool is that? Have you been back since then Steve? Other than picking up the Scamp in Backus MN and camping our way home, the Algonac Rally will be our first camping destination as well. I have cousins in the area and spent part of every summer in Algonac as a boy. This will be a homecoming of sorts for us. Really looking forward to meeting all of you.

Tom
Old 07-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #106

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
Just a bit of fluff....

If anyone has a copy of the poem that was written at the first Algonac gathering in 2012 would you be so kind as to bring it with you. I lost mine and I would like to have a copy for my files. Thanks.
The 4500 has cleaned up pretty well and I am getting a lot of comments from some of the other residents [none of the ladies has offered to join me tho']. The fridge is not working on 12volt but I am working on it. I hope to make a trial run to the west coast next week for some beachcombing, hiking and trouting. See you next month. SD
Old 08-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #107

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter Dave View Post
If anyone has a copy of the poem that was written at the first Algonac gathering in 2012 would you be so kind as to bring it with you. I lost mine and I would like to have a copy for my files. Thanks.
SD
Here is your poem, Dave. What a GEM!!!

ALGONAC 2012

On St. Clair shore we gathered,
An assortment of eggs without crates.
To share and compare and tell stories,
From Canada and the United States.

Some rigs are lit up like Christmas,
With L.E.D.s, lanterns and signs.
And many have dogs in the trailer,
All sizes, all colours, all kinds.

Our Trilliums are not flowers.
Our bolers are not hats.
The Scamps are not mischievious
And the Burro's not really an ass.

The Captain is here from Poland.
But the Captain's not really in charge.
And Humpty's not the Egg Camper
Tho' it is quite round and quite large.

La La land sent the Casita,
From the coast with the sunshine and wine.
But I still think the best trailer,
Was the Trillium that I call mine.

The Pot Luck spread was delicious.
With food I'd never tasted before.
And some that I did not recognize,
But I still went back for more.

So Campers, let me say thank you.
For the food, the friendship and fun.
My first Rally is now just a memory,
But it will always be my number one.

Scouter Dave.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #108

Name: Louise
Trailer: 1985 UHaul
Michigan
Site 50 is available if anybody wants to grab it. Turns out that I'll have to be in the hospital for a couple of days right after Labor Day. No big deal, but need to get it done ASAP.

Have fun without me!
havingfunnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #109

Registry
Oh bummer, Louise
Good luck on the surgery, so you can get back to happy camping!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #110

Name: jack
Trailer: Bigfoot
Arizona
Count me in: site 79.

jack
newport news, va
tidewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:19 PM   #111

Trailer: scamp
Michigan
Pam-
You asked if anybody had skills or could give a class... My wife is a professional storyteller. She could tell ghost stories at the campfire, or give a beginner's class in American Sign Language, or a number of different story programs. Or, we do reenactments. she could lecture on the Underground Railroad, or a one-room schoolteacher...
Message me with questions if you are interested...

Really looking forward to Algonac! ThomKat
ThomKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:49 AM   #112

Name: charles
Trailer: 1972 American boler
Michigan
Hi Pam
This year my ukulele group is coming , we are the Strum bums were from Benton harbor, St. Joe
Area . Their is 3 of us the other 2' have their sites
We have been performing at senior centers and retirement homes in berrian county area for the last 2 yrs. We are planning a hr program for Saturday night. We would be happy to do a camp fire sing on any of the evenings we could do a work shop get people started who would like to learn to play. If you have a uke bring it, if you would like to learn , you can find a starter saprano
For around 35 $ or less. See you at algonac
on Thursday . Chuck
rosey45385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #113

Name: Armel
Trailer: 2000 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Ontario
Stories

I'll start all of you off on the campfire stories by Quoting Snoopy ......It was a dark and stormy night a shot rang out ..to be continued!!!

Armel.................
ARMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #114

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMEL View Post
I'll start all of you off on the campfire stories by Quoting Snoopy ......It was a dark and stormy night a shot rang out ..to be continued!!!

Armel.................
Now that's funny!!

Tom
Old 08-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #115

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidewater View Post
Count me in: site 79.
jack newport news, va
Jack, I'll be traveling for work this week and will try to add you to the map on Friday.

Chuck, I might have to try and find a Uke before Algonac and take a short lesson I'm hoping that you are still interested in holding the Friday night meet and greet? Have your friends given me their names and site numbers so I can put them on the map?
Tom (ThomKat), there is another member, Scouter Dave, who also mentioned stories around the fire so I think it would be wonderful to combine it all for a Saturday night fireside evening. Location TBD, either at Dave's or My trailer, or ...somewhere !

Saturday will be the potluck dinner... Everyone bring a passing dish, and we'll eat family style together at my site. We can have more songs with Chuck's Uke group, and Stories around the fire.

I plan to have a pasta salad, and some type of dessert for Saturday Night's meal. Oh gosh, I need to do a little gummy bear shopping also!!

It will be a wonderful time, seeing you all again
Old 08-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #116

Trailer: scamp
Michigan
Pam- I was tossing out possibilities for presentations... My wife, Lois, can do a program of stories off the cuff, but if you wanted a class in sign language, or one of the historical programs, we would need to be prepared- we do those in costume...
Please look at her web site Home and let us know if that's what you want. ThomKat
ThomKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #117

Name: charles
Trailer: 1972 American boler
Michigan
Hi Pam

Yes we still are planning to do Friday night

Thanks. Chuck
rosey45385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:31 AM   #118

Registry
ThomKat, I think that some Michigan ghost stories or Great Lakes stories at the Saturday fire would be so interesting and fun, due to us camping right next to a Great Lakes shipping route. Historical Garb would be optional

Does LoiS have any stories of the Great Lakes lighthouses? (..It was a Dark and Stormy Night on the Great Lakes...)
Or lumber camps? I'm sure there is a ghost story or two there!

Thank you so much for the stories!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #119

Name: Sara
Trailer: Currently shopping
Michigan
My husband &I are very interested in visiting your Algonac Rally on Saturday August 6th. I have been researching egg type travel trailers on line and would love to actually have the opportunity see some. I've read that sometimes at rallies you have like a tour of trailers. Would it be ok to drop by?
Sara T. in MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:40 AM   #120

Michigan
Sara, my wife Joanne and I are new to this too. After years of online research, we bought a new Scamp 13 and will be attending our 1st Rally in Algonac. It appears (post #14) that the "official" time for looking at trailers is Sat afternoon. Not sure if that schedule is etched in stone. Hopefully Pam or others more experienced will weigh in. As far as I am concerned, anytime you and your husband stop by our site, and we're there, we'd be happy to show you our trailer. This appears to be a very friendly group, so I'm sure my sentiments are shared by many. We'll be at site #140.

By the way, I doubt you'll find a better resource for your research than right here on this forum. Lot's of friendly good advice given freely for the asking. Good luck with your search!

Tom