MI 2014, Sept 5-7: 3rd Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #113

Name: Armel
Trailer: 2000 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Ontario
Stories

I'll start all of you off on the campfire stories by Quoting Snoopy ......It was a dark and stormy night a shot rang out ..to be continued!!!

Armel.................

Old 08-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #114

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMEL View Post
I'll start all of you off on the campfire stories by Quoting Snoopy ......It was a dark and stormy night a shot rang out ..to be continued!!!

Armel.................
Now that's funny!!

Tom

Old 08-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #115

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidewater View Post
Count me in: site 79.
jack newport news, va
Jack, I'll be traveling for work this week and will try to add you to the map on Friday.

Chuck, I might have to try and find a Uke before Algonac and take a short lesson I'm hoping that you are still interested in holding the Friday night meet and greet? Have your friends given me their names and site numbers so I can put them on the map?
Tom (ThomKat), there is another member, Scouter Dave, who also mentioned stories around the fire so I think it would be wonderful to combine it all for a Saturday night fireside evening. Location TBD, either at Dave's or My trailer, or ...somewhere !

Saturday will be the potluck dinner... Everyone bring a passing dish, and we'll eat family style together at my site. We can have more songs with Chuck's Uke group, and Stories around the fire.

I plan to have a pasta salad, and some type of dessert for Saturday Night's meal. Oh gosh, I need to do a little gummy bear shopping also!!

It will be a wonderful time, seeing you all again
Old 08-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #116

Trailer: scamp
Michigan
Pam- I was tossing out possibilities for presentations... My wife, Lois, can do a program of stories off the cuff, but if you wanted a class in sign language, or one of the historical programs, we would need to be prepared- we do those in costume...
Please look at her web site Home and let us know if that's what you want. ThomKat
Old 08-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #117

Name: charles
Trailer: 1972 American boler
Michigan
Hi Pam

Yes we still are planning to do Friday night

Thanks. Chuck
Old 08-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #118

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
ThomKat, I think that some Michigan ghost stories or Great Lakes stories at the Saturday fire would be so interesting and fun, due to us camping right next to a Great Lakes shipping route. Historical Garb would be optional

Does LoiS have any stories of the Great Lakes lighthouses? (..It was a Dark and Stormy Night on the Great Lakes...)
Or lumber camps? I'm sure there is a ghost story or two there!

Thank you so much for the stories!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #119

Name: Sara
Trailer: Currently shopping
Michigan
My husband &I are very interested in visiting your Algonac Rally on Saturday August 6th. I have been researching egg type travel trailers on line and would love to actually have the opportunity see some. I've read that sometimes at rallies you have like a tour of trailers. Would it be ok to drop by?
Old 08-20-2014, 05:40 AM   #120

Michigan
Sara, my wife Joanne and I are new to this too. After years of online research, we bought a new Scamp 13 and will be attending our 1st Rally in Algonac. It appears (post #14) that the "official" time for looking at trailers is Sat afternoon. Not sure if that schedule is etched in stone. Hopefully Pam or others more experienced will weigh in. As far as I am concerned, anytime you and your husband stop by our site, and we're there, we'd be happy to show you our trailer. This appears to be a very friendly group, so I'm sure my sentiments are shared by many. We'll be at site #140.

By the way, I doubt you'll find a better resource for your research than right here on this forum. Lot's of friendly good advice given freely for the asking. Good luck with your search!

Tom
Old 08-20-2014, 06:46 AM   #121

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
A major part of the fun is running around checking out others' trailers and showing off our own. Lots of socializing and I've not noticed any snobbery at this or any other rally that I've attended. Come on and join us. You won't regret it. We all like to promote our own brand of trailer.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #122

Name: Dave
Trailer: Trillium
Newfoundland & Labrador
Sarah T. My rig is a work in progress but you are more than welcome to drop in.
I have a fair bit of literature including some original manuals on the Trillium.
Scouter Dave.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #123

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
I think the Saturday time frame is more or less just so people can sort of coordinate being available to show people theirs, and when is a good time to wander around check what others have.

Lot of more informal show-n-tell takes place too. People will get to talking about what they have done, or are planning to do. Someone says they are interested and off they go to check it out. :-) Then of course there are the Glamping types people just naturally stop by to admire how it's all decorated. Or at least my wife does!

Work in progress can be especially useful, gives people a chance to see how it is when disassembled or examine how repair or mod is being done.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #124

Name: marvonw
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Great Lakes area-US
How about this for serendipity? In March I posted this: “Just booked site #55. I graduated from Algonac High in 1964. That's right…50 years ago, so I will be having a one-person 50th reunion (no class reunion happening that I know of). Hope you all can celebrate with me instead!”

Turns out there is to be a 50th reunion on Saturday afternoon, September 6. Location....drum roll please...Algonac State Park picnic grounds! That’s right, same place I’ll be, anyway. I just have to stroll over to the picnic area from the campground. Two birds, one stone type of thing. Can’t wait. Busy shining up the old ’78 Trillium this week.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:34 PM   #125

Name: Sara
Trailer: Currently shopping
Michigan
Thanks TomK for the invite to drop by. We look forward to meeting You & Joanne and your new Scamp. Greetings to rgrugg, Scouter Dave & RogerDat. Hope to meet you too.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #126

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara T. in MI View Post
Thanks TomK for the invite to drop by. We look forward to meeting You & Joanne and your new Scamp. Greetings to rgrugg, Scouter Dave & RogerDat. Hope to meet you too.
I just packed the welcome mat. Should be fun.

Tom