MI 2014, Sept 5-7: 3rd Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
2014, Sept 5-7: 3rd Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble

We're on our way to the 3rd annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble!

The rally dates will be Friday-Sunday Sept 5-7. (weekend after Labor Day in the US.) However, I plan to pull in at least a day early.

The rally location will be Algonac State Park, Michigan Algonac State Park Detail

I am so looking forward to seeing all of my eggfriends again!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #2

Registry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mich...acEggScramble/

Facebook Page
Old 10-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #3

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Bob will be there with Rocinante. Almost the only fun I've had since my wife passed in May. How could I not be there? How early do they start taking reservations and are we still looking at the same section of the park?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #4

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Bob will be there with Rocinante. Almost the only fun I've had since my wife passed in May. How could I not be there? How early do they start taking reservations and are we still looking at the same section of the park?
Bob, I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend! I had a very nice time touring your EggCamper, and visiting. I hope you're going to be somewhere nice and warm through the winter

The 6 month reservation timeframe should still be in effect (which means a March reservation to be first in line). We'll be gathering in the same general area that we were this past time, and hopefully we even can fill up more of the riverside sites.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: scamp
Michigan
I would love to come, and meet some of the other Michigan egg campers. I hope to have our Scamp back together by then. We often go to Thumbfest, and then we could swing around to Algonac...
Please let us know who to talk to about reservations...
ThomKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #6

Name: Sally & Marty
Trailer: EggCamper (EggBert)
Michigan
Registry
Happy New Year! Egg Campers. Thanks, Pam for starting the ball rolling. We already had this on our calendar in hopes there would be a 3rd annual Egg Scramble. We will put the March date for registration on our calendar and let you know which campsite we have reserved. We are assuming the target is for the same area.
Sally&Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #7

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
Hi Sally and Marty! Happy New Year.

Isn't this fun....to be able to start making camping plans while we are in the middle of all this snow and ice.

I'm looking for ward to meeting everyone again.
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #8

Name: Sally & Marty
Trailer: EggCamper (EggBert)
Michigan
Registry
Cool

Hi, Noreen, Yes, it is very wintery here in Holland, MI. But warm thoughts and photos of camping trips past are now on our computer desktop. Good motivation to plan trips for warmer weather.
Sally&Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #9

Registry
Hullo, to all! It is January 7, and it's 2 lousy degrees outside right now. And the snow is piled up all over the place after this last storm.

This Michigan Winter has been a long one and it's only just started.

But take heart! We've rolled past the holidays and are heading towards the march registration for Algonac !! woop !!

This is the new reservation site. It has an interactive campground map, but I haven't done much exploration of the new design, so feel free to test it out https://www.midnrreservations.com/AlgonacStatePark?Map
Old 01-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #10

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
As I clear the knee deep drifts and see my little egg all forlorn in the snow along comes Pam with a happy thoughts post.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #11

Registry
RogerDat, I have also been busily keeping a doggie do-do area shoveled for my little monster. He would have been lost in the snow drifts otherwise!!

Here's a map of the park. Last year we were mostly parked in the 40's to the 70's sites. No real requirement that we all 'park together'. However many wanted to try and get onto the riverfront sites this year and if you want them, I suggest you sign up on the first day that you can reserve.
I was on site 52 last year but this year I might try to get 59 or 60. I like being on that side of the road. Site 56 has a large grassy area next to it, so if anyone gets that one, we have lots of space also.
Attached Thumbnails
Algonac Map.jpg  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #12

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Here I am in sunny Arizona thinking of all you back there in snowy & cold MI. My son flew out last weekend and his flight was delayed a whole day so he got here Monday instead of Sunday. Poor guy has to go back to G.R. this coming Sunday.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #13

Name: Lisa VPC
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Michigan
gathering

Looks like this gathering will conflict with Wheatland in Remus every year the weekend after Labor Day Hoping there may be another Michigan roundup as I would love to meet other Michiganders!

Lisa VPC
1978 Trillium 1300
LisaVPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #14

Registry
counting down to check-in....

Since I plan to get to the park on September 4 (Thursday), I'll be online to checking in on March 4,,,, lookin fer a prime site!

Schedule, similar to last year
Friday evening, meet and greet with after dinner fireside time together. Does anyone want to volunteer to host this fireside?
Saturday morning, stop by my place for coffee cake and java,,,, and maybe a few board games? Does anyone have a favorite 'classic' game to bring? Remember Racko? Operation? Connect Four?
Saturday afternoon we can crack open our eggs for for viewing

Saturday evening pot luck, and group fire afterwards.

I have a couple of awesome items for prizes, and with a few more donations, we can have another great drawing.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #15

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I put this on my calendar, hope to make it this year. Which sites do you recommend?
Old 02-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #16

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Regarding Wheatland Music Festival "conflict". We've been going for past 10 years, so think we can miss one to take in the Algonac rally.
Marv Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #17

Registry
I've uploaded a map with the 'general areas' that a lot of us reserve. You don't have to camp in these areas, if you want want to reserve a site further back. There are sites all along the river which reserve up pretty quickly. Great view of the freighters going by. The sites can be windy due to the close proximity to the water.

Overall, he campground is pretty open. There are not a huge number of trees due to the Emerald Ash borer killing them. But there several mature shade trees around the restroom that is in my enlarged map.

I am SO ready for camping season to start!
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG   Algonac Map.JPG  

Old 02-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #18

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
And reservations open sometime in March? Thanks….
Old 02-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #19

Registry
Reservations open up 6 months before the camping date. So for September, it will be March.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:43 AM   #20

Registry
https://www.midnrreservations.com/

waiting waiting for that 6 month reservation window to open for September