BC 2015 BC Glass Eggs Meet - Fort Langley BC - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-11-2015, 07:02 PM   #15

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Carol, you might want to inform people that they NEED to park in the overflow area and walk in, or else pay a day usage fee (which really sucks...) and come in then..... everything else remains the same!

Old 05-11-2015, 07:21 PM   #16

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
I think you just did Doug :-)

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #17

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
hookups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
The rally is planned in the loops that do have power and water but no sewer hook ups in order to keep the costs down (sewer sites are more expensive) for those attending as most do not want sewer hook-ups as there is a dump station at the main gate on your way out that you can use.
Good thinking.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:21 AM   #18

Hello, all! I put money down for a reservation tonight, so I'll see you all soon! I was a little confused by the four names for the place we're going, but I think I got the right campground...

I was puzzled in 2 other ways:
1) The site said they don't assign campsites ahead of time. So how do we know we're meeting together behind site 2? What if the site 2 people don't want us there?
2) I just forgot. It's 3:15 am and that's my excuse!
Old 05-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #19

British Columbia
Registry
Cory glad to hear you where able to get a spot. Look forward to seeing you and your trailer.

The folks in site 2 WILL want you there! ;-)

The none assignment of campsites #'s ahead is a down side to using that campground but there is also an up side to it. What they do is hold a couple of loops for several months ahead for time for booking by our group only, so if you book prior to the dead line (I think this year it was some time in early April) & indicated you were coming to the meet you will end up in the same loop as others attending the meet and the meet organizer always gets the site they asked for - in this case its #2. We have had some years where a couple of loops (75 + trailers) were meet attendees only.

Historically if you reserving early & said you were a part of the meet it is a good bet you will get what ever site you may have noted you really wanted and you will be beside who ever you asked to be beside.

The reason for all that is there are different pricing for various loops based on level of hook ups the loop has and the general public wants access to some of the cheap ones (power and water only) we want as well, so if we don't take advantage & book in the time frame they held them all for our group, they will allow the general public to book the number of spots that our group did not book.

It is a very popular campground due to its location so unfortunately the later you book the least likely it is to get what you asked for or some years get a spot at all.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:48 AM   #20

OK, I'll cross my fingers that I get some place close. I wrote I am with you & also that I don't walk distances very well.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #21

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Hilby View Post
I don't walk distances very well.
When you check in at the campground make sure your tell them that.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:08 AM   #22

Name: Katie and Wes
Trailer: 1974 Surfside
British Columbia
Hi everyone. I have been a member of this board since 2012 but have always just read what everyone else has written. So here goes my first post! We are going to Fort Langley to our first egg meet and we are very excited. Is there any advice for newbies? We have a 1974 Surfside with a front end kitchen. We have been trying to clean it up a bit for the big affair. Just a little paint inside and maybe new curtains. Can't wait to meet other egg owners.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 05-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #23

British Columbia
Registry
Look forward to seeing you at the meet Katie and Wes.

See Post 10 for what to expect.

A couple of things that were not mentioned that you might expect, is folks often have a name tag they bring to wear. It has also become a bit of a tradition the last few meets that we have a give away at the potluck. Folks bring items big and small, eatable or none eatable that they think others might want to give away.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:10 PM   #24

Name: Katie and Wes
Trailer: 1974 Surfside
British Columbia
Thank you Carol. So looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 05-20-2015, 12:06 AM   #25

Anything Thursday or Friday

Quote:
It has also become a bit of a tradition the last few meets that we have a give away at the potluck. Folks bring items big and small, eatable or none eatable that they think others might want to give away.
I packed my campsite sign, too.

Anyway, I'm planning on arrive Thursday night, which is billed as the first day of the meet. Are there any Thursday night or Friday daytime activities planned? I'll probably be too late for Thursday night activities, but I'm not sure what my dog & I are to do with ourselves most of Friday. I don't think I'll probably know anyone there.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:36 AM   #26

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
You can walk to downtown Fort Langley and browse the antique and craft stores and enjoy a pastry and coffee at a sidewalk table. There is also a farm equipment museum and the original fort. No problem.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:02 AM   #27

British Columbia
Registry
Colby there will be a number of people arriving on Thursday including myself but I have a late afternoon board meeting on Thursday so will be coming in late. If you see a fiberglass trailer just go on over and say hi. The Wagon Master, Marina will be at site number 2.

No formal plans for Friday other than the evening Meet & Greet.

As Glenn says lots to do within walking distance of the campground as well as a nice walk along the river to take your dog on.

Bring your bathing suite as the weather is suppose to stay nice and there is a pool at the campground as well.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:28 AM   #28

Possible Activities

Quote:
Colby there will be a number of people arriving on Thursday including myself but I have a late afternoon board meeting on Thursday so will be coming in late. If you see a fiberglass trailer just go on over and say hi. The Wagon Master, Marina will be at site number 2. ...
Thanks, peeps, for your ideas.
Not even really started packing yet so definitely will be in late. Any idea when the office closes? I left the park a message hoping for a call-back.
Still looking for my name tag.