BC 2015 BC Glass Eggs Meet - Fort Langley BC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2015, 01:16 AM   #1

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
2015 BC Glass Eggs Meet - Fort Langley BC

Ok Campers...reservations are now open for the Ft Langley BC Rally.

Where: Fort Camping, Fort Langley, BC
Dates are: Thursday May 21 to Sunday May 24 2015.
Call toll Free: 1-866-267-3678
When you call tell them you are with the Fiberglass Trailer Rally. The Kingfisher and Beaver loops are reserved just for us till March 1st, after that it's open to anyone.

You can also email them at info@fortcamping.com with your phone number and they will contact you to complete your reservation.

If you use the online reservations please make sure you tell them you are attending the Fiberglass trailer meet so that they book you into the Kingfisher or Beaver Loop.

Dogs are required to be on leashes and no more than 2 dogs to a site.
There will be trailer tours on Saturday as well as a Pot Luck On Saturday night.

Marina B. has take over this meet as Wagon Master so she will be posting more details on other events once they are organized.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #2

Feb 9/15, Family Day/BC. Our maiden voyage with our 79 Surfside, here in Ft Langley. The Surfside held back the heavy rain last night. We've scouted our site for May and looking forward to it. See picClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1423503992.768174.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	80342

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
surfside up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #3

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfside up View Post
Feb 9/15, Family Day/BC. Our maiden voyage with our 79 Surfside, here in Ft Langley. The Surfside held back the heavy rain last night. We've scouted our site for May and looking forward to it. See picAttachment 80342

Good to hear the Surfsides weather tested. I remember my first rainy night.
Curious as to Fort Camping. There website lists the shoulder season as starting in April. Winter rates only listed as monthly seasonsal stays. Did you have hook ups? Rate?
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:42 PM   #4

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
2015 BC Glass Eggs Meet - Fort Langley BC

Feeling guilty asking a question I could call the campsite about. I was just surprised they were open. I emailed fort camping in Langley. They responded promptly.
"Thank you for your inquiry.
We are open for weekend camping, however space is very limited due to the
amount of winter guests currently in the park this season.
Winter rates are currently in effect at $33 per day."

God news. Need to update there website though.

(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:17 AM   #5

Yes they had hookups, but we didn't see sewer hookups in some of the sites where the rally is scheduled.
We were surprised to see how many people were camping at this time of year. Except for Sunday it was raining most of the weekend.
Drive slowly into the campground cause the pot holes are deep and many.

surfside up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:28 AM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfside up View Post
Yes they had hookups, but we didn't see sewer hookups in some of the sites where the rally is scheduled.
The rally is planned in the loops that do have power and water but no sewer hook ups in order to keep the costs down (sewer sites are more expensive) for those attending as most do not want sewer hook-ups as there is a dump station at the main gate on your way out that you can use.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:26 PM   #7

Registry
Has everyone made their reservations?
Old 04-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I would love to make it back to the rally some day. It was my first ever, 6 years ago when I picked up my brand new Escape 19.

Alas, with my daughters wedding May 2nd, a canoe trip on the long weekend before, then the Escape rally the weekend after, I am pretty committed, time wise, in May this year.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:02 PM   #9

Name: Whaler
Trailer: '89 Bigfoot 17' Gaucho
British Columbia
Registry
Just made our Rez. Lookin forward to it with our new Rig!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1428894104.724436.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	82541
Hope we werent too late.

Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #10

Registry
Only 10 days to go.

If you have not booked your site for the meet yet you had better do it it fast! All the spots in the Kingfisher or Beaver Loops are all booked up but there are still a few full serve spots available in adjacent loops.

Marina our Wagon Master has put together the following schedule of events:

7 PM Friday Night behind site #2 a Meet and Greet Bring some finger food & drink of choose.

10 AM to 1PM Saturday - Trailer Open House - chance to see the neat gadgets and gizmos that everyone uses in their trailers, as well as the modifications.

2 PM Saturday - Boccie Ball Tournament behind site #2 . Big thanks to Grant for hosting our now annual tournament. If you have a Bocci set, please bring it with you.

***Could everyone please check their bocci sets! One couple is missing a ball from a vintage set that they would REALLY like to get it back. It was lost at the tournament we last held at Sons of Norway 2 years ago. Thank you.***

6 PM Saturday - Potluck Dinner - Behind site #2 . Please bring food, chairs, plates and utensils. ***If anyone has an extra table we could use for the potluck, it would be greatly appreciated. ****

Don't forget your name tags!
Old 05-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #11

Name: Whaler
Trailer: '89 Bigfoot 17' Gaucho
British Columbia
Registry
Doesnt it start on the 21st? By my math thats 16 days..... Unless I booked the wrong weekend?

Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:07 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
Doesnt it start on the 21st? By my math thats 16 days..... Unless I booked the wrong weekend?

LOL you are CORRECT - can't correct that post - as of today 16 Days to go.

Was looking at my personal camping calendar when I calculated - wrong trip!!!

Looking forward to seeing your new to you trailer BTW.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:40 AM   #13
hmm

Name: Heather
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Hi! I am a new Trillium owner in the middle of renovations. My trailer will not be in any shape to camp in by the date of the rally but I live nearby and would love to drop by for the trailer open house on Saturday to get some ideas and inspiration. Is that allowed or can you only participate if you are a camper?
Thanks!
hmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #14

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmm View Post
Hi! I am a new Trillium owner in the middle of renovations. My trailer will not be in any shape to camp in by the date of the rally but I live nearby and would love to drop by for the trailer open house on Saturday to get some ideas and inspiration. Is that allowed or can you only participate if you are a camper?
Thanks!
Feel free to come & take a look - trailer or no trailer. You are even welcome to stick around and join in the pot luck if you wish.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:02 PM   #15

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Carol, you might want to inform people that they NEED to park in the overflow area and walk in, or else pay a day usage fee (which really sucks...) and come in then..... everything else remains the same!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #16

Registry
I think you just did Doug :-)
Old 05-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #17

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
hookups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
The rally is planned in the loops that do have power and water but no sewer hook ups in order to keep the costs down (sewer sites are more expensive) for those attending as most do not want sewer hook-ups as there is a dump station at the main gate on your way out that you can use.
Good thinking.
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:21 AM   #18

Hello, all! I put money down for a reservation tonight, so I'll see you all soon! I was a little confused by the four names for the place we're going, but I think I got the right campground...

I was puzzled in 2 other ways:
1) The site said they don't assign campsites ahead of time. So how do we know we're meeting together behind site 2? What if the site 2 people don't want us there?
2) I just forgot. It's 3:15 am and that's my excuse!
Old 05-15-2015, 09:22 AM   #19

Registry
Cory glad to hear you where able to get a spot. Look forward to seeing you and your trailer.

The folks in site 2 WILL want you there! ;-)

The none assignment of campsites #'s ahead is a down side to using that campground but there is also an up side to it. What they do is hold a couple of loops for several months ahead for time for booking by our group only, so if you book prior to the dead line (I think this year it was some time in early April) & indicated you were coming to the meet you will end up in the same loop as others attending the meet and the meet organizer always gets the site they asked for - in this case its #2. We have had some years where a couple of loops (75 + trailers) were meet attendees only.

Historically if you reserving early & said you were a part of the meet it is a good bet you will get what ever site you may have noted you really wanted and you will be beside who ever you asked to be beside.

The reason for all that is there are different pricing for various loops based on level of hook ups the loop has and the general public wants access to some of the cheap ones (power and water only) we want as well, so if we don't take advantage & book in the time frame they held them all for our group, they will allow the general public to book the number of spots that our group did not book.

It is a very popular campground due to its location so unfortunately the later you book the least likely it is to get what you asked for or some years get a spot at all.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #20

OK, I'll cross my fingers that I get some place close. I wrote I am with you & also that I don't walk distances very well.