PE 2015, July 17-19: Prince Edward Island - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #21

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm not sure you will get any info or answer, the organizer has not logged on nor posted any details, seems like a waste of a perfect opportunity.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:14 AM   #22

Name: Pierre
Trailer: Sidekick 1500 2014
Quebec
Smile PE rally

It's seems that it will be held in Shediac campground, in NB. I'll be there.
Balou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:20 AM   #23

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
I have no vested interest in this rally, am not an organizer nor do I plan to attend. However, since it is being held so close to me, I have made an effort to contact the person who is organizing it, Wanda Atkinson, via facebook, and have asked her to come on to this site and post her rally information.

All everyone interested can do is see if she does make the rally info available.
Conversely, she IS in the phonebook under Peter Atkinson on McSweeney Ave, here in Moncton and failing all else, interested parties could call her.

good luck!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #24

Name: Becky
Trailer: Scamp 19 Foot 5th Wheel
Mississippi
I just sent her a Facebook message requesting information. If she replies to me, I will post it here.
beckyruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #25

Mississippi
Here is the response that I got from Wanda on Facebook:

It is the time of the year to step forward and become a red dot. Wanda and I are red dots at the Parlee Beach Provincial campground. When you go to the site you will see round green dots for available camp sites. We booked ours (site 29 in camp ground A) for 6 days and it turned red. What follows is directions to get to the site www.parcsnbparks.ca then choose "Browse Maps" a map of New Brunswick will come up and you look for "Parlee Beach" and click to green dot. A picture of the camp ground will come up. Click camp ground "A". A picture of the camp ground will come up triangles (Unserviced) and circles (Serviced) choose which ever you want. Note that red are booked, orange/yellow can't be reserved until that day and green are available. On the left hand side it has boxes to fill in like month (JULY) then put in dates, 17th, then how many days and then the map refreshes itself to show you what sites are available. Choose one and become a red dot or a red triangle. After that you go through the system and pay with your credit card. It that is too much call the 1-800-561-0123 FREE Mon. to Fri, 8:00 to 4:30 and they will do it for you. Here is a quote from the Bible, Jesus to Judas at the last supper. "Whatsoever you do, do quickly." If you do, all the red dots will be Bolers and Trilliams and the like. If you are slow and all to dots are red but you want a serviced site go to campground B and choose one of them. You will only be 100' to 150' away from the others. The Boler meet is Friday 17th, Sat. 18th and Sunday morning the !9th. If you are like some who come a few days early, book accordingly. The beach is a 3-4 minute walk and it is free to walk on but you only pay if you park. Again follow the advice above and "WHATSOEVER YOU DO, DO QUICKLY." so you aren't saying "oh dart" or bad language like that. My understanding is that it is a popular weekend so lets fill it before others with those funny steel trailers and motor homes start booking our spots.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #26

Pennsylvania
Registry
So let's take a guess, Becky in post #1 mentions Prince Edward Island. Theresa mentions Shediac, NB in post#6 and that Wanda is the organizer in post #23. Becky then states it is at Parlee Beach, NB in post #25!
We have yet to hear from Wanda who is supposedly organizing this meet to confirm or deny any of the 3 places mentioned. Your guess is as good as mine is???
Old 03-02-2015, 12:15 PM   #27

Mississippi
Parlee Beach

The rally is a Parlee Beach beginning July 17 and the information is posted above. I have also started a new thread for this event. BTW, I just attempted to make reservations and all of the sites in Campground A have been taken. The website is very difficult to work with. I just gave up and will try again when I have more time.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:39 PM   #28

Pennsylvania
Registry
Thanks for confirming this.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:31 AM   #29

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Jim - are you guys thinking of going to this one?
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #30

Pennsylvania
Registry
I'd like to go but there doesn't appear to be any details nor planning or organization that I can find, nor a list of attendees etc. that one normally finds for a rally posting here on the forum.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:20 AM   #31

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
There's a thread from March with the booking instructions which someone also posted above on this thread. Since we can't make the Eggscursion in Tn. this year, we are considering this one. It's 8 hours less driving for us. It's nice to see who else is going, but not necessary, and there's plenty to do up there without organized activities. Since there don't seem to be rallys going on around here, it could be fun!
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:46 AM   #32

Pennsylvania
Registry
I agree, but I'm going to Tennessee plus we are going cross country this summer. One day I'll make to PEI and NB and NS.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #33

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
The Cornwall Rally has been removed from the 2015 Google Map, because there is no confirmation of this rally existing. If coordinators want it re-posted, they need to PM me with details.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:37 AM   #34

Name: Matthew
Trailer: 1976 Boler
Prince Edward Island
Hey all.
Shediac is only a 45 minute drive to the Confederation Bridge. If you are that close to PEI, it is well worth the $45.50 toll to leave to visit the Island. So many beautiful campgrounds. We just moved to PEI last year and just bought a 1976 Boler and take delivery of it on Monday. I cannot wait to visit as many campgrounds around the Island as can in the next several years.
Stanhope National Campground has just undergone a lot of upgrades and renovations and just reopened July 13. I really wish we took ownership of our Boler this week so we could join you all in Shediac this weekend. Hope you all have fun. If you have some extra time, think about visiting PEI. The ferry costs $75.00 to leave the Island. If you can support the ferry so we don't loose it, that would be awesome too. If a car comes across on the ferry and leaves the bridge to save money, the ferry doesn't see ANYTHING. Try to support when you can, it is absolutely beautiful.
Have fun folks, hope to join you next year on the rally.
Eagar77 is offline   Reply With Quote