NC 2015, Oct. 15-18: Cherokee NC 2015 Rally - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-05-2015, 05:26 AM   #155

Name: Roy&Marti
Trailer: Casita 17' FD
Tennessee
Lora - any suggestions for a recipe to try? We'll bring ours. Also, do you use a liner with yours? A friend made cobbler a couple of weeks ago and had a liner for easy clean up. If so where do you get them?

Looking forward to learning and sharing.

Marti

Old 10-05-2015, 09:29 AM   #156

Name: Lynne
Trailer: 2011 19' Escape
Tennessee
Hey Marti. Looking forward to seeing you two. We buy our liners at the Lodge store in South Pittsburg but think we have seen them at the large sporting stores..Cabelos..ect. There is a wealth of good info on the cast iron and the Dutch oven groups on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fiberglass RV mobile app

Old 10-07-2015, 12:33 AM   #157

Name: Jim and Jill Bulger
Trailer: UHaul CT
Georgia
Registry
Schedule

Is there a schedule of events ?
Old 10-07-2015, 09:14 PM   #158

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
DO Liners

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMarti View Post
Lora - any suggestions for a recipe to try? We'll bring ours. Also, do you use a liner with yours? A friend made cobbler a couple of weeks ago and had a liner for easy clean up. If so where do you get them?

Looking forward to learning and sharing.

Marti
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne r View Post
Hey Marti. Looking forward to seeing you two. We buy our liners at the Lodge store in South Pittsburg but think we have seen them at the large sporting stores..Cabelos..ect. There is a wealth of good info on the cast iron and the Dutch oven groups on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Great Marti, Thank you for joining us! I've got some DO cookbooks and find a lot of my recipes online.
Whatever you make will be appreciated. Cobbler or cake is good. I've done a breakfast casserole, or cornbread, or squash casserole, or, or, or ...

As for the liners, I make my own with parchment paper (15" wide), but I only have a 6", an 8" and a 10" deep dish. I'll be happy to show you my method while we are at Cherokee.
If your DO is larger than 10 inches you will either need wider parchment paper or check the places Lynne mentioned. I believe I did see some of those in a Walmart one time.
Again, thank you and look forward to cooking with you!
Old 10-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #159

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
Walmart $4.97 in the camping section.
Attached Thumbnails
1444321755160.jpg  
Old 10-08-2015, 05:18 PM   #160

Name: Lynne
Trailer: 2011 19' Escape
Tennessee
CHEROKEE RALLY IS HAPPENING!

I just got an inquiry from Arizona Eileen on Facebook...asking me if the Cherokee rally had been cancelled? No, it is happening! I did not want to host this year because I am too uptight when I am in charge!
But we have planned to do all the things that usually happen at Cherokee. Just hope we have some people step up to lend a hand when necessary.

We are in site 87, I think, behind the bath house. Look for a white erase board with activities posted. I will buy some flagging so we can have the open house or egg parade on Saturday.
Pot luck as usual on Saturday night. Music, maybe, on Friday night. Dutch oven demo Friday PM. Someone said they were bringing name tags....a Thursday meet/greet may happen. Look for the white board.
We are coming in on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Lynne
Old 10-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #161

Name: BKay
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Hello Lynne,
My wife and I will be arriving on Wednesday Oct 14th and will be in site number 820.
This will be our second visit Rally. The first was this year in Townsend this spring.
Looking forward to our visit next week. Thinking we would also like to attend the DO demo on Friday.
Brad and Rosalind
Old 10-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #162

Tennessee
We arrive early to get in some activities before the rally. We definitely will lend a hand as needed. We can touch base on Thursday to see what needs to be done. I'm like you. I get uptight and stress when I'm in charge but don't mind helping out. We are excited to be on vacation and look forward to the rally, the mountains and some relaxation.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #163

Tennessee
Just looking back through posts. SusieinNC will bring name tags and some 33 gallon trash bags (I have some to throw in too), Lynne will have flagging and whiteboard, and Lora and Lynne will do Dutch oven demo on Friday at 2.

Looks like we have about 34 trailers and their owners that have acknowledged coming and several that will be joining us for a look see.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:57 PM   #164

Georgia
Registry
Site change

Thanks to Chris Jones, Jill and I are moving to #85 which should make Her very happy being closer to the bath house. See Everyone on Thursday.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:14 PM   #165

Name: david
Trailer: currently shopping
Tennessee
I have been looking online at fiberglass 'egg'/small campers but have not found one local enough to be able to see one in person.

I see that there is a rally in Cherokee next weekend. My questions are simple. i would like to see some trailers in person. are people generally open to the idea of letting someone look around? Are their usually any for sale?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:03 PM   #166

Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by estenceler View Post
I have been looking online at fiberglass 'egg'/small campers but have not found one local enough to be able to see one in person.

I see that there is a rally in Cherokee next weekend. My questions are simple. i would like to see some trailers in person. are people generally open to the idea of letting someone look around? Are their usually any for sale?

Thanks for any suggestions.
I saw a previous post about lining up with a flag to show them on Saturday.
Look here on Fiberglass RV, on Facebook UHaul camper, Craigslist and EBay for ones for sale. Recently one in IL.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:01 PM   #167

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
I have moved to site 83. And Estenceler most of the folks there are proud to show you there campers tour time or not. But threw the day Sat will be the best time to see them. And the evenings sitting out by the many camp fires is for sure my favorite time of all.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #168

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
North Carolina
OK, decided to make the "big trip", all of 21.5 miles. We'll be at site 84 with our Casita LD.

I guess the short trip balances our just completed trip of 5,000 miles..

We will be arriving Friday.

Bill & Judy
Waynesville, NC

Tags
rally