NC 2015, Oct. 15-18: Cherokee NC 2015 Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-20-2014, 05:51 AM   #1

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
2015, Oct. 15-18: Cherokee NC 2015 Rally

Hello all!

There were lots of favorable comments concerning Cherokee 2014.
Several people have already signed up for 2015 so they could secure their favorite site!

If you liked the one you had, or saw another you would like to reserve, you might want to do so early. First come, first serve.

Here is how it stands right now: To the best of my understanding, although it possible that changes may take place.

The dates are October 15-18. Thursday Friday and Saturday nights.
When we register for 2015 I understood that the 20% discount applied to the Rally dates, as above, as well as extra consecutive dates, pre and post rally. FWIW: They applied the 20% to our reservation, including an extra day (Wednesday).They have to be told that the reservation is tied to the "Egg Rally".

Right now there is no Host! Although a number of folks have said they are more than willing to help next year.

Please think about this and consider hosting this fine event.

Thanks,
Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
Hello! When we left yesterday a bit after 11 AM, there were 19 sites already registered for the 2015 rally. According to Happy Holiday staff, our musicians had reserved the rec room for Friday night and someone in our group had reserved the room for a pot luck on Saturday. Happy Holiday plans to carry on their karaoke entertainment later that Saturday night. Happy Holiday is maintaining the registration (at this moment).

Looking forward to seeing everyone back in 2015!
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:47 PM   #3

Name: Mic
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Great times in Cherokee!

We had a wonderful weekend in Cherokee.......great fun, food and weather! Enjoyed meeting so many new friends! We'll see y'all next year. Our reservations are made for site #90!
micsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #4

Name: Captain Longbelly
Trailer: Lots
Kentucky
Sorry I missed it this year...we spend a lot of time in Asheville and will put this on our schedule for next year
KyMoonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:27 AM   #5

Kentucky
Rally info

Hello....I really want to attend this rally and was wondering where to find info such as Campground it will take place in and what part of the campground to book? the dates are Oct 15th-18th correct?..Thanks

Ok re reading above comments it looks like a campground named Happy Holidays?..is it this place?

Happy Holiday Village a RV Park North Carolina RV Park 877-782-2765
Old 11-30-2014, 06:44 AM   #6

Name: Mic
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Great rally!

Hey! We attended this rally this past October and had a terrific time. It is held at Happy Holiday RV Village, 1553 Wolfetown Road, Cherokee, NC. Phone is 828-497-9204.

There is a great site map on their website. We are on #822 next year. Tell them you are with the egg group and they will glad to help place you in the right section and also give you discount (if you stay three nights)! People in the office there are fantastic to work with. It was our first rally and everyone was wonderful!

Look forward to seeing you there!

Steve and Mic Singletary
Eutawville, SC
micsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #7

Kentucky
Thanks so much for the information...we have been traveling in a vintage 29 foot Airstream for years and I have built some small Teardrop campers but this is our first Fiberglass camper and we love it...look forward to meeting other people with same interest...
Old 12-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #8

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Just a heads-up. You may find that your GPS will try to tell you that the RV park is near the Santa's Village. In reality, it is about 1 mile further east of there.
We also attended this year and had a great time. Lots of variety in trailers (Scamp, Casita, Escape, Burro, U-haul, Boler, Parkliner, Little Snoozy, Bigfoot) and lots of great folks. We had a spot along the creek farthest from the road and were very comfortable.
We now also own a 73 Compact II, and it may or may not be ready for Cherokee.
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:06 AM   #9

Georgia
Lora,
10-4 on the GPS thingie. When we attended the first time in 2011 the GPS tried to take us past (east) HH to turn left on another road. Apparently they took their posted GPS reading from the back of the park, which that road passes close to. . When we finally arrive at the front, Ann put in the correct coordinates.

Mic,

You and Steve were a real pleasure to meet. Looking forward to seeing y'all again.

K
Old 12-04-2014, 11:36 PM   #10

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Wish I'd done that. Luckily we came in on 19 from the east, so we got to HHRV before the GPS said we were there.
My DH, Wayne, & I will probably attend again this year, but come in earlier or leave later. After the first of Jan, I'll have a better idea of my schedule for next year.
Hope to make it and see you all.
We did happen to get over to the National Park and see the elk herd on Sunday morning!
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #11

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
Lora,
10-4 on the GPS thingie. When we attended the first time in 2011 the GPS tried to take us past (east) HH to turn left on another road. Apparently they took their posted GPS reading from the back of the park
We attended in 2011 and got routed some strange way -- I emailed google maps about the error and they corrected it. I'm not sure the GPS's maps ever got updated.
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:10 AM   #12

Georgia
Sure has been quiet here!

K
Old 03-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #13

Shhh......let's wake it up this summer.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:37 PM   #14

Name: Jim and Jill Bulger
Trailer: UHaul CT
Georgia
Registry
Do I have to register with anyone on this site ?
Bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:08 PM   #15

Not at this time due to no host. Just register with the campground and let them know you are part of the egg group.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Old 04-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #16

Name: Jim and Jill Bulger
Trailer: UHaul CT
Georgia
Registry
Thanks Lynne, We are registered but I don't have the site# with me.
Attached Thumbnails
Home VF l.jpg  
Bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:34 AM   #17

Good morning everyone! Just got off the phone with Happy Holiday RV Park. We have 28 reservations for the Egg Gathering this October 15-19, 2015 in Cherokee, NC.

Although there is no official rally host or hostess, the recreation room is reserved on Saturday night for a potluck supper and the room is also reserved for Friday night for picking and grinning. An egg parade will most probably happen on Saturday.

If anyone feels led to step forth and be a host...just jump right in here! It's not hard...I'm just kind of busy trying to sell a house and move.

Contact number for Happy Holiday RV is 828-497-9204. Happy Holiday Village a RV Park North Carolina RV Park 877-782-2765.

We are not maintaining a private page for reservations...just call the campground and make sure you mention the egg rally. October is a beautiful time to be in the Smoky Mountains.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:41 PM   #18

Name: Roy&Marti
Trailer: Casita 17' FD
Tennessee
Looking forward to it. We have our reservations.
RoyMarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:33 PM   #19

Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1973 Love Bug '13
Florida
Registry
At what part of the park are we congregating? I mean, what sites will the general population of our group be cantering around?
Cat futrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:54 AM   #20

The campground should be able to make suggestions. There is a front creek, a back creek and many sites in between with different prices for different services. This year we are on the back creek close to the bathhouse...site 87...I think.
The sites on the front creek, 95 down to 100+are great. We always camped on the creek until last year when the rain made it too muddy.

Hey Marti and Roy! Did you make it to Townsend? Our paths never crossed. Will be good to catch up.

Tags
rally