NC 2015, Oct. 15-18: Cherokee NC 2015 Rally - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #101

Name: Dee
Trailer: In the market
Georgia
I would like to attend the tour of trailers on Saturday but won't be staying in the campground. Any specific instructions?

Looking forward to it.

Thanks
Dee
DeeFiamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #102

Name: R.T.
Trailer: Big Foot
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeFiamore View Post
I would like to attend the tour of trailers on Saturday but won't be staying in the campground. Any specific instructions?

Looking forward to it.

Thanks
Dee
Hello Dee,
Happy your coming and looking forward to seeing you. You've picked a good rally as several different brands will be represented. No special instructions.

Open house should start at ten a.m. All the fiberglass trailers that are open for display should be on the left half of the campground and have an orange streamer attached out front. Just walk up, introduce yourself and start asking questions and enjoying your self. The owners will be happy to show you their campers.

I'd bring a camera.

Travel safely
RT
dblcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:54 AM   #103

Georgia
updated attending list

The updated rally attending list:

Site#

#71 - Peter -IL

#72 - Maxine & George -VT

#81 - Rhonda & George -NC

#82 - Jane & Gregg -SC

#83 - Troy -KY

#84 - Chris -GA

#86 - Susie & Barry -NC

#87 - Lynne & David -TN

#88 - Beverlee & Duke -

#91 - Sara & Charlie -NC

#93 - Sara -SC#98 - Teri & Lee -NC

#103- Linda & Phil -TX

#104- Linda & Dave -TX

#714- Earline & Bill -TN

#802- Karen & Pete -

#805- Tali & Steve -

#806- Tali & Steve's friend

#815- Janet & RT -GA

#818- Deborah & Jerry -SC

#819- Roberta & Jim -FL

#822- Mic & Steve -SC

#823- Donna & John -NC

#829- Jona & Gary -Fl

#832- Melissa & Johnny -GA

#910- Marti & Roy -TN

#913- Carol & Jim -GA

#919- Kathy & Craig -KY

#924- Lora & Wayne -VA

DON'T FORGET TO CONTACT JOHNNY M REGARDING YOUR PURCHASE OF THE RALLY "T" SHIRTS HE CAN HAVE MADE.

4 1/2 weeks to go!!

From what I can tell this list is about half complete. If you are not on it and should be please let me know. Thanks
RT
Old 09-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #104

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeFiamore View Post

Looking forward to it.

Thanks
Dee
Us too. Since we live 20 minutes from Cherokee, and will be just back from a west coast trip, we plan to come by for the tour and learn!

bill
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #105

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Us too. Since we live 20 minutes from Cherokee, and will be just back from a west coast trip, we plan to come by for the tour and learn!

bill
Hey Bill, Hope y'all enjoy yourself, there will be some good ones. Old and new. Looking forward to seeing you.

RT
Old 09-13-2015, 09:13 PM   #106

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
We won't be at the rally (prior commitment) but just returned from four days at the nearby NPS Smokemont CG. Temps were great - high 50's to low 60's each night warming to mid 70's during the day. There were scattered showers each day but none heavy enough and/or long enough to cause much of a problem.

We saw 20-30 elk with one magnificent bull in the meadows near the NPS visitor center late one afternoon when returning to the campground. One of the staff said this was fairly common.

On Saturday we drove up to Cade's Cove where turkey and deer were easy to spot along the driving loop. While there, we did the five mile RT to Abrams Falls and I'd highly recommend that to anyone looking for a 3-4 hour moderate to difficult hike. On the way back a yearling bear crossed the trail just in front of Cindy. I was lagging behind and only got a glimpse as he scooted up the hill. Traffic was really heavy on 441 and also within the Cove so plan on this taking the better part of a day, especially if you hike to the Falls or want to check out the many cabins, barns, churches and other exhibits around the loop.

Roadside flowers along 441 and the Parkway were also outstanding and there was even a bit of color starting to show. Hope everyone has a great rally.

Al

Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:29 PM   #107

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
I spoke to HH and I am on site # 85 not 84. I had it wrong! But I will be in on Friday and pull out on Sunday
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:31 PM   #108

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
Hi Al and Cindy! It took awhile for your names to registered in the warped memory bank of a brain but hello, hello! Al, you gave me my first introduction to fiberglass rv's back in July of 2008 at the Mt Pisgah Campground. Little did I realize that our lives would change forever.
Thank you for the time and patience you gave us.

Great write up for those who would like to explore the wonders of the Smokies and great shot of Abrams Falls.
Hope our paths cross again in the future. Lynne and David
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:03 AM   #109

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Hi Lynne, 2008, has it really been that long? Great to hear from you folks and I trust all is well. I wish we could make the Cherokee rally but our plans are to be somewhere in the southwest about that time.

It'd be really nice to get together with you and David again and I'd love to see that Escape (the 5.0TA is our dream camper). Maybe we can work on that soon.

Al & Cindy
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:19 AM   #110

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
About Pot Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T. View Post
Hello to all. Volunteer needed.

The pot luck dinner we normally have on Saturday night is in need of a take charge person. The person who has graciously done this in the past ( Kip ) is not able to attend this years rally. We need a person to take charge of this important function. It has been an increasingly difficult job as the rally has grown each year.

We now have an overflowing crowd without enough tables and seating. I believe picnic tables had to be brought in from some of the camp sites in an attempt to accommodate the overflow last year.

Any volunteer's? (more than one would be a good thing)

Thanks

RT
I would like to have been responsible for the success of Pot Luck last year, but really was not. Lynne was the driving force behind that!

Lynne found the right person to talk with at HH concerning the number of tables we would need. She TOLD them the dead line for the tables to be in place. She decided the best way to arrange the "food" tables and the best traffic paths for entering the building, getting our plates and being seated.

It was amazing to me the number of volunteers that showed up early to get things organized, according to Lynne's direction. AND it all WORKED!

As a side note, I showed up at the Rec Building about 4pm to help.
Some lady told me to grab a rag and paper towels.Wet the rag and start wiping down tables. Dry them with the paper towels. So I did as told! There were others doing that, and folks shifting and arranging the tables. LindaLee decorated as many tables as she had supplies to do with. Someone was helping folks put the food in the right spots as they brought it. Other people were doing other things. It was amazing the number of volunteers and what they accomplished.

k
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:16 AM   #111

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Name tags

Different folks have different opinions about the necessity of name tags.
Because of my inability to remember names, they seem important. They also help Newbies.

I was in charge of them last year. My abilities in that direction are limited, so decided to do it simple and something that could be repeated easily if necessary.

Shopped at "Dollar Tree", where things really are $1.
Purchased:
- A pack of 300 lined 3x5 cards.
- A hole punch.
- A 4 color (4 roll) of colored ribbons.
- A red and a black medium point "Sharpie".
- A small stapler.
So total expense was $5 + tax. Which was recovered after donations at the Pot Luck!

At the Meet-n-Greet on Thursday night, we folded the cards across and stapled them closed. Then punched a hole for the ribbons.

The participants used the Sharpies to create their very own unique name tags. We encouraged black ink for the "experienced" and red ink for the Newbies.
Seemed to work well and was easy to do. And if any got lost or rain damaged, they would be quick to remake.

On that same table were the orange ribbons for Show of Homes!

If y'all are interested in doing that again, a volunteer will be helpful.
Last year, several people mentioned that they would be glad to help this year.
So now would be a good time to take charge. A wonderful side effect of doing this is meeting so many people as they come to the table to create. Also seeing folks with their name tags and having a feeling that you helped make that possible for lots of people. .

Just a suggestion!

k
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:52 PM   #112

Name: Mike
Trailer: Casita
Georgia
We just reserved site 603 and they still had some sites left FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
jamija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:09 AM   #113

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Currently shopping
Indiana
Also Visiting

Susan and I also look forward to meeting some of you. We will be staying down the road in a motel; just visiting as we are in the market. Details shared on activities have been helpful -- we'll be there Saturday AM for sure.
Regards -- Jeff M
JWandSusanJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:28 PM   #114

Name: Don
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Greetings From New Member

Hi,

We're Don and Christa from Charlotte, NC. We just acquired a 2014 Lil Snoozy and will be coming to the rally - arriving Thursday. We will be in space 076. Be sure to stop by and say hello!
Don W3NDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #115

Name: Dee
Trailer: In the market
Georgia
Fun!

RT, thank you for your welcome. What fun it will be to look at all the different fiberglass rvs.

Congratulations on your Lil Snoozy. I have been wanting to see one.

Does anyone know of a good place in the area to board my doggie for Saturday while I tour the fbrvs?

Dee
DeeFiamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #116

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Currently shopping
Indiana
See you there

Don and Christa, thanks for the warm welcome! We will definitely plan to meet you and our spend our first time inside a Snoozy.

Jeff
JWandSusanJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #117

Georgia
New update

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T. View Post
The updated rally attending list:

Site#

#71 - Peter -IL

#72 - Maxine & George -VT

#76 - Christa & Don -

#81 - Rhonda & George -NC

#82 - Jane & Gregg -SC

#83 - Troy -KY

#85 - Chris -GA

#86 - Susie & Barry -NC

#87 - Lynne & David -TN

#88 - Beverlee & Duke -

#91 - Sara & Charlie -NC

#93 - Sara -SC#98 - Teri & Lee -NC

#100- Stumreiter

#103- Linda & Phil -TX

#104- Linda & Dave -TX

#603- Mike

#714- Earline & Bill -TN

#802- Karen & Pete -

#805- Tali & Steve -

#806- Tali & Steve's friend

#813- Fred-PA

#815- Janet & RT -GA

#818- Deborah & Jerry -SC

#819- Roberta & Jim -FL

#822- Mic & Steve -SC

#823- Donna & John -NC

#829- Jona & Gary -Fl

#832- Melissa & Johnny -GA

#910- Marti & Roy -TN

#913- Carol & Jim -GA

#919- Kathy & Craig -KY

#924- Lora & Wayne -VA

DON'T FORGET TO CONTACT JOHNNY M REGARDING YOUR PURCHASE OF THE RALLY "T" SHIRTS HE CAN HAVE MADE.

3 1/2 weeks to go!!

From what I can tell this list is about half complete. If you are not on it and should be please let me know. Thanks
RT
Getting cooler!
Old 09-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #118

Name: Jim and Jill Bulger
Trailer: UHaul CT
Georgia
Registry
Add one more

Hey Guys,

We were up to Cherokee a few weeks ago and went by the Campground. Haven't looked here for a couple months, so missed all the posts !

Jill and Jim will be there on October 15. Reserved # 513 in December.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:58 PM   #119

Name: Jim and Jill Bulger
Trailer: UHaul CT
Georgia
Registry
When I made thee reservation, I was told only a few had registered. Trying to get close to the bath house, They suggested Site #513.

We found the Cherokee, NC venue because Jim is a Custom Streetvanner and We have gone to Cherokee for the past 10 years with the Vanners; but to a different campground. Up there looking for a band to play on October 3, We went by Happy Holiday !
Bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:33 PM   #120

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Hey folks, with right at 3 weeks before the Rally it looks like we won't have enough requests for T-shirts (I only have 10 shirts requested). It takes 2 weeks to get them made so unless I get 40 shirt requests by Friday 9/25 this won't happen. Also, RT messaged me earlier that he will not be able to attend due to a conflicting business deal so I was wondering if there is another person here 2nd in charge?
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally