NC 2015, Oct. 15-18: Cherokee NC 2015 Rally - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2015, 01:55 PM   #161

Name: BKay
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Hello Lynne,
My wife and I will be arriving on Wednesday Oct 14th and will be in site number 820.
This will be our second visit Rally. The first was this year in Townsend this spring.
Looking forward to our visit next week. Thinking we would also like to attend the DO demo on Friday.
Brad and Rosalind
bkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:22 PM   #162

Name: Roy&Marti
Trailer: Casita 17' FD
Tennessee
We arrive early to get in some activities before the rally. We definitely will lend a hand as needed. We can touch base on Thursday to see what needs to be done. I'm like you. I get uptight and stress when I'm in charge but don't mind helping out. We are excited to be on vacation and look forward to the rally, the mountains and some relaxation.
RoyMarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:56 PM   #163

Tennessee
Just looking back through posts. SusieinNC will bring name tags and some 33 gallon trash bags (I have some to throw in too), Lynne will have flagging and whiteboard, and Lora and Lynne will do Dutch oven demo on Friday at 2.

Looks like we have about 34 trailers and their owners that have acknowledged coming and several that will be joining us for a look see.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #164

Name: Jim and Jill Bulger
Trailer: UHaul CT
Georgia
Registry
Site change

Thanks to Chris Jones, Jill and I are moving to #85 which should make Her very happy being closer to the bath house. See Everyone on Thursday.
Bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:14 PM   #165

Name: david
Trailer: currently shopping
Tennessee
I have been looking online at fiberglass 'egg'/small campers but have not found one local enough to be able to see one in person.

I see that there is a rally in Cherokee next weekend. My questions are simple. i would like to see some trailers in person. are people generally open to the idea of letting someone look around? Are their usually any for sale?

Thanks for any suggestions.
estenceler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #166

Name: Jim and Jill Bulger
Trailer: UHaul CT
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by estenceler View Post
I have been looking online at fiberglass 'egg'/small campers but have not found one local enough to be able to see one in person.

I see that there is a rally in Cherokee next weekend. My questions are simple. i would like to see some trailers in person. are people generally open to the idea of letting someone look around? Are their usually any for sale?

Thanks for any suggestions.
I saw a previous post about lining up with a flag to show them on Saturday.
Look here on Fiberglass RV, on Facebook UHaul camper, Craigslist and EBay for ones for sale. Recently one in IL.
Bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:01 PM   #167

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
I have moved to site 83. And Estenceler most of the folks there are proud to show you there campers tour time or not. But threw the day Sat will be the best time to see them. And the evenings sitting out by the many camp fires is for sure my favorite time of all.
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:39 AM   #168

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
OK, decided to make the "big trip", all of 21.5 miles. We'll be at site 84 with our Casita LD.

I guess the short trip balances our just completed trip of 5,000 miles..

We will be arriving Friday.

Bill & Judy
Waynesville, NC
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:28 AM   #169

Name: John
Trailer: Casita 17'SD
North Carolina
We are here. Changed from site 823 to 919.

John and Donna
John Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #170

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
Hope everyone is having a great time! We plan to arrive on Wednesday....site 87...look for events on the whiteboard in front of our site.

This rally is known to attract newcomers...those who have never been to Cherokee and many who have never been to a rally.

Sometimes it is difficult to be the new kid on the block.

Everyone try to meet your neighbors. Oldtimers, please clue the new ones in on the routines....like bringing your own, plate and utensils to the pot luck. How to find Granny's Restaurant. The best place to see elk, local waterfalls, local apples, ect.

The weather forecast looks great! See you soon. Lynne and David
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #171

Name: Mic
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Hey folks in Cherokee! We are sick and tired of our flooded neighborhood in SC and are coming on to the rally a day early! Please come by and help us celebrate a dry spot at 822! Our neighbors will be at 818. The last 10 days have been indescribable.......so ready for a change of scenery!!!!!

Steve and Mic
micsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:30 PM   #172

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
Last year was my first and I must the group of folks that met me as I rolled in in the middle of the night was Great! And the weekend was great all the way threw. Even if I didn't have my own plate and utensils! I got me a lunch tray for this year (Thanks Troy). Hope to see you all there and looking forward to hanging out by the fire with you all again this year!
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #173

Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
I am very sad to say that unfortunately we are not going to be able to make it this weekend. I have a job that I have to have completed by the 19th and it came in a week and a half late and have to work this weekend, so we have rescheduled our trip there at Happy Holiday for the following weekend, so if anyone wants our spot we had #832. This was our first planned rally since we bought our Boler so we are really gonna miss meeting everyone & seeing all the other fgrv's...maybe next year. If anyone decides to hang around until the following weekend we will see you then. Hope everyone has a great time & post lost of pictures for us!
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #174

Name: R.T.
Trailer: Big Foot
Georgia
2016 rally dates

Just received a call from Jeannie at Happy Holiday Campground with a request.

She would like to schedule next years rally dates on October 13,14,and 15.

This way they can better serve us by having a full staff available.

Also they have set a goal of having 100 eggs next year.

She also said this year it looks like 70 eggs should be there!!

RT
dblcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #175

Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T. View Post
Just received a call from Jeannie at Happy Holiday Campground with a request.

She would like to schedule next years rally dates on October 13,14,and 15.

This way they can better serve us by having a full staff available.

Also they have set a goal of having 100 eggs next year.

She also said this year it looks like 70 eggs should be there!!

RT
If it could be the following weekend (20-23) we could certainly attend, but with 13-15 the chances are likely I will have a conflict with the same production job at work next year as I did this year , I am a printer and we do a large job annually that has to hit the mail around the 19th and this is the second year in a row we were pushed right to the deadline...
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:01 PM   #176

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
The weekend of the 20th would be best for me also but I am a little flexible. If it changes to the weekend of the 13th please let me know as soon as possible, because I have already made my reservations for next year on the weekend of the 20th. Thanks and I wish I was there with y'all this year. Everybody have a great time and also post pictures for me.
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:22 PM   #177

Tennessee
Steve and Mic, sorry to hear about your troubles but glad you can escape to nice weather.

We also arrived early and have met a few eggers, including a 3 year old named Bear. Looking forward to meeting others, new and old. We are in 910.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #178

Name: Melissa
North Carolina
Post 2Doc checking in with ya'll.

We will be arriving Thursday sometime...site 77, Lil Snoozy. We play fiddle, banjo, guitar, and uke....and what we love best is to is to hang out by the fire and meet new friends, sing a little, play a little, get you doing the same with us. Your stories are always welcome, and jokes are fine as long as they are funny. Our campsite is a NO COMPETITION zone for campfire songs and Old Time Music, and we want you to bring your instruments to play, your hands to clap, your voices to chirp, and your ears to listen. We are not entertainers. We are a gathering place for community.

We are 2Doc, Dr. Mar and Dr. Sax.....And we are excited to catch up with last years friends and to greet you new recruits.
2Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:43 PM   #179

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Georgia
the carrs are coming thursday

Hello everyone. The Carrs are coming on Thurs be on site 803 in a '98 casita liberty. haven't been to a "meet" in a few years. Had an '89 burro then. Can't wait to see you all. Looking forward to coming. See you there.
Bruce and Sandra
the3carrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:43 PM   #180

Name: Mic
South Carolina
RoyMarti...... We should be there on 822 midd afternoon on Wednesday! Please come by! We r packed and ready to join the crew at Cherokee!
micsing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally