CA 2015, Oct. 29-Nov. 2: 2015 Fiberglass Rally @ Lake Casitas, CA - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #21

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
Hi Gage
Bear with me! Remember this is all new to me and I'm working on making this work.
I'd say the set hours (for open house) are because we have other events happening during the day. I'd say if you're not involved in the other activities then keep the door open and enjoy all the camaraderie of questions and sharing of ideas regarding our precious rigs!
The note that I put up yesterday is just a sample of things to come. This is not set in stone, especially the time slots. We need to have more events to place on our itinerary and then we can finalize it. Even then things do change.
I'm glad you'll have your Burro open for an extended bit of time. You've created quite a masterpiece and I'm sure a lot of folks will have questions for you!
Hopefully about a week before our Rally I'll be able to finalize an itinerary.
Thanks
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:12 PM   #22

Name: Bob & Jackie
Trailer: 13' Scamp, 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
Arizona
Hi, We are new to the group with a Scamp and will be at Casitas Lake Fri, Sat & Sun. in space A2. Not sure how to connect with you further.
Bob & Jackie
Bob & Jackie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #23

Name: Dan
Trailer: Scamp
California
Lake Casitas Rally

We're new Scamp owners and plan to be at the rally at Lake Casitas on Fri Oct 30 to Monday. We'll be in space C 29 and hope we're not too far away from everyone and all the excitement. Looking forward to it and making new friends. Please add us to your list of attendees and feel free to drop by. I'll be bringing my Dobro if anyone wants to jam.
Kamper
KamperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:48 PM   #24

Name: Howard and Kim
Trailer: Escape 17B:former Scamp 13
California
Frist Rally

We are excited to come to our first rally. We will be in site C2. We're coming on Friday and leaving Sunday. Not sure how to email so hope this will work.
Howard and Kim
hrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #25

Trailer: Compact Jr
Johnny come lately, that is me. haha. If there is anyone planning to cancel, or can't make it please let me know. Please email: cku1@verizon.net

Cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Our RALLY is right around the corner!

A big part of our Rally are the planned "discussions". Folks love to learn new ways of doing things or hear about a trip you were on and how it went. Please share your wisdom and experiences with us!

A couple of things.......Our Rally has always run so smooth because of the fantastic work you campers put into it. You know we can't do it without you! So please don't be shy and step up to help with the activities and events that keep it happening!

Discussions, workshops, events...we love these! Pick a topic, time that works for you and tell me what it is, so I can put it on our itinerary

Some events we need your help with:
Open House/Friday 10:30-11:30AM/Saturday 10:30-11:30AM/ rigs with DOORS open
Set up tables & cloths/anytime Thurs or Fri/ grassy area
Barbara ROCKS of the world/Friday 1PM/ Space #44
Weiner roast/Camp Fire/Friday 530PM /space # 41
Talking Stick after the Weiner roast/ Friday 6ish/WHO will start this? Who has the Talking Stick?
For Sale/Free/Trade / Friday 1:30-3:30pm Grassy area /Bring your no longer RVing or camping items for others "treasures"
Ice Cream Social / Saturday 130PM/Tables
Halloween Pet Parade / Saturday 245PM space #?
Saturday potluck /Tables/500PM
Saturday/Sunday set your clocks BACK one hour
Sunday Luncheon / @ Tables/ Noon/
clean up the grassy area and remove table cloths-let's leave it in better shape than when we arrived!

Roster (Jim J has this covered like a pro)
bring your Rally name badge (if you need a new one let me know)
bring wood for great campfires #41
weighing rigs?? I'd love to see this return, and:
sour dough starter
Dutch Oven cooking
I know you've got a skill or love of something while camping that you'd like to share with us. Please let's hear from you!!!
Remember helping and volunteering is one of the best ways to meet folks and make new friends!
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Paula in B41
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #26

Trailer: Casita 2002 Patriot Deluxe
Sadly, Gisela and I have to cancel this year. It would have been our 10th Lake Casitas rally. Next year we will be back.

We have site B9 reserved. If there is someone looking for a site, or, looking to move into Bass campground, send me a PM through this forum and we can coordinate when I cancel so that you can pick up the spot as soon as it becomes available.

Bill & Gisela
Bill McKeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:10 AM   #27

Trailer: 2009 12.5 ft Little Joe
Looks like I forgot to send this earlier! Wolf and Martha will be arriving in our Little Joe on Thursday and leaving Monday. Mandy is excited about another camping trip - so are we! See you all soon.
Martha H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:33 PM   #28

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Due to health reasons I'm not going to be able to make the rally this year. Therefore sites B23 & B24 are now open (as 2:30 10/6/15). It looks like my rally and gathering days might be over.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:58 PM   #29

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Gage,
Best wishes for you and your health issues.
take care,
Steve
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:58 PM   #30

Trailer: Compact Jr
Gage, and Tanya!

Sorry to learn that you are not making the trek to this rally. I was hoping to see you folks, since it has been a while. Take care.

Cliff and Vanessa
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:27 PM   #31

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Our prayers are with you Gage.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:54 AM   #32

Name: Mark K
Trailer: Bigfoot 25FB
California
Registry
I'll be in site B31, the boondocking area. Solar is a beautiful thing.

Gage, best wishes for your health.

Bill and Gisela, you'll be missed. Next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mark Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:58 PM   #33

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Sorry, but Bill and I will not be able to attend the 2015 Lake Casitas Rally. Our reservations are for, arriving Wednesday 10/28/2015 and departing Monday 11/02/2015.

If someone is looking for a site or wants to switch to the Bass campground please send us a message. We then can coordinate our cancellation, with you making a reservation, allowing you to pick up out site.
Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:58 PM   #34

California
Registry
A lot of changes since I was on this forum! Sorry to hear those that can't make it this year. Each of you always add so much to our Rally! Hopefully next year we'll see you all!
Gage-all the best to you!
If you need to contact me personally you can click on my name and it will show a personal message you can send me.
A world of thanks to Jim J for keeping track of all that has happened while I was away. He sure has made my job easier!!!!
In a week of so I'll be emailing each of you the itinerary. If you haven't responded please do so now so you can get this itinerary and print it out for the Rally.
See you all soon!
Old 10-23-2015, 11:49 PM   #35

California
Registry
2015 Fiberglass Rally ITINERARY

Hi everyone,
By now you've received the itinerary for our Rally. If not then I don't have your email and you'll need to send it to me. This is a brief summary of what fun we'll be doing:

Welcome to our 14th Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas
Check in time is 2pm. You may be able to occupy your campsite earlier if it’s vacant.
The entry gate is locked at night. Arriving late?? Call and ask what time they lock the gate-805.649.1122
Please bring your name tag and wear it so folks can get to know you. Everyone loves to be called by their name.
If you’re new, or need a name tag you’ll find one at Paula’s in # B-41. Come on over and get one.
Please bring firewood to B-20. Nightly campfires around 5:30 and hope to see you there!
If we have enough wood morning campfires are a treat too! Volunteers will be welcome to help with the fire….remember this is your Rally!
*As the sun goes down around 6 so does the warm air. Bring a jacket or blanket to keep warm!
Please bring your chair and small table for all happy hours, meals, campfires and activities.
The big tables with tablecloths will be for serving food only.
Please don’t tempt your pets by bringing them around the food tables. This is a courtesy to them and us.
You’re cooperation is what makes this a great campout!

THURSDAY-10/29
4:00
Happy Hour @ site # B41-Paula
Bring your favorite appetizer to share and something to wash it down with.
5:30 Campfire @ # B20
Talking Stick-Hosted by Frank-we’ll make a big circle around the campfire and pass the Stick. Whoever has the stick gets to talk and everyone else listens. The person with the Stick introduces themselves, and shares with the group, i.e.: campsite #, home town, years attending Rally, a little about themselves, etc.
Please remember your chair and a small table

FRIDAY-10/30-Decorate your rigs for a fun scary Halloween weekend!
11:00-12:00 Open House/trailers/rigs. Show off your rig and help others learn the tricks of the camping lifestyle.
1:00-2:30 FOR SALE Items/Trade/Free….. Bring your camping treasures you no want and set up on the big grassy area near the tables. Folks can walk around and see what’s for sale, trade or free.
2:30-3:30 @ B2 “Travel Tips & Tricks 1.0” class with Frank
5:30 Weiner Roast site #B20. Campfire starts by 5pm. Bring roasting sticks, hot dogs, buns, plates, condiments, utensils, and something yummy to share. Please remember chairs and small table.
SATURDAY 10/31-Happy Halloween! Let the Party continue….
10:00-@ B44- Barbara shows her collection of Picture Rocks
10:30-12:00 Open House/trailer/rigs
12:30 Ice Cream Potluck at the big tables. Please bring toppings at 12:15 and ice cream at 12:30 to the tables. Please help serve and clean up. This is an Ice Cream Potluck. Bring ice cream, frozen yogurt, toppings, fruit of any kind, cookies, cupcakes, candy or anything you’d like as a topping. I’ll supply bowls, spoons, napkins, serving spoons and aprons for the servers.
1:00-2:00 For Sale Items on the Big Grassy area.
2:00-3:00 @ B2 “Travel Tips & Tricks 2.0” with Frank
3:00 Halloween Pet Parade & Trick or Treat ..Join Wes & Debbie @ B40 and their pets for a stroll around the BASS section. Dress you and/or your pets for Halloween and let the fun begin! Bring your “trick or treats” to share with others..

5:30 POT LUCK begins. Please bring your yummy dishes at (5:25) this witching hour and place on the big tables. We’ll all dig in promptly at 530! No cheating-the witch is watching you!
A suggestions was made to put a label with the description on your dish to let others know what is in your creation. What a great idea!
Campfire to follow @ B20 Smores?
Please remember your chair and small table.

“FALL BACK” one hour. Remember to set your clocks back one hour when you go to bed and get an extra hour of sleep tonight!
SUNDAY-11/1
11:00
Survivors Brunch/Lunch @ dining tables
Bring your yummy leftovers or new creations to share.
Good byes & hugs and we’ll make plans for our next campout with new and returning camping friends!
5:00 Potluck at the tables. Let’s enjoy the early sunset (5:45) at dinnertime!
Campfire, but of course!
MONDAY-11/2
Staying/leaving? So much to do and see in the beautiful Ojai Valley! Bart’s books? Drive up hwy 33 for spectacular views-maybe stop at Bodee’s or the Deer Lodge for lunch? 2nd hand stores in Ventura, Carpentaria and Santa Barbara. Take a boat ride on the lake or maybe just sit under an oak tree and watch the clouds go by.

The above itinerary will be posted at site # B41. We ask that you print a copy for your daily reference and keep it with you. Extra copies will not be available.
Check out time is 12:00 noon whatever day you depart. Lake Casitas is strict on departure time from your site. If you want to stay longer, for the day, just check at the kiosk for day rates.

Happy and safe travels to you all. Hope to see you next year at Lake Casitas for the 2016 Fiberglass Rally!
Many thanks to each and everyone for keeping this great Rally going. This is your Rally so step up, speak up, share your creative ideas and volunteer! Any input is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks to Jim J. for keeping our list of attendees and emergency data.. You’re the best!

If you've never attended a Fiberglass Rally you're more than welcome to visit us for the day and see what we're all about! You can send me a PM (private message) and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about our Rally.

Happy travels!
Paula
Old 10-24-2015, 10:42 AM   #36

Name: Eric
Trailer: Trillium
California
Introduction

Hello everyone -

I will be attending the rally on Saturday for the open house to check out everyone's rigs. I am in the process of finishing an incomplete 2014 Trillium 4500 and I have lots of ideas plus I am looking to steal ideas from everyone else!

I also have a few questions before the rally. Is there anywhere I should "check in" or is that even necessary if I will just be around for a few hours. Furthermore, I have found it to be customary when venturing into new circles that it is always a good practice to contribute, especially since I will be taking a lot away from this experience. So, is there anything I can bring that would be beneficial for the rally or organizers? In the past, a case of beer or a bottle of something was always well received. I would appreciate any insight someone might be able to give me on this request.

I look forward to meeting everyone this next weekend and I am excited about establishing new relationships, especially ones that extend beyond the internet.

Eric Fraley
BASE1360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #37

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASE1360 View Post
I also have a few questions before the rally.

(1) Is there anywhere I should "check in" or is that even necessary if I will just be around for a few hours.

(2)So, is there anything I can bring that would be beneficial for the rally or organizers?

Eric Fraley
Check in at site B41 and ask for Paula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
SATURDAY 10/31
10:30-12:00 Open House/trailer/rigs
12:30 Ice Cream Potluck at the big tables. Please bring toppings at 12:15 and ice cream at 12:30 to the tables. Please help serve and clean up. This is an Ice Cream Potluck. Bring ice cream, frozen yogurt, toppings, fruit of any kind, cookies, cupcakes, candy or anything you’d like as a topping. I’ll supply bowls, spoons, napkins, serving spoons and aprons for the servers.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:26 PM   #38

California
Registry
this coming Saturday at Lake Casitas for the Fiberglass Rally

Thanks Frederick! I appreciate your help! I think our ice cream potluck is as much fun as our whole weekend so I'm glad you mentioned it to Eric. He's welcome to stay for the potluck of all potlucks too at 530. Bring something to share at each and don't forget your chair too.
Eric be forewarned.....another couple came to see all the rigs last year and now are proud owners of their own! It's contagious! But fun!
See you Saturday!
Paula in B41
or check with Jim in B48.
PS Jim will have a clip board with our list of who's coming
Old 10-26-2015, 12:32 AM   #39

Name: Eric
Trailer: Trillium
California
introduction

Thanks Frederick and Paula for the info. I will only be staying for an hour or two so I can't participate in all the functions but I'll be sure to bring ice cream. Also, Paula, I own a trailer already but a friend will be accompanying me and he is in the market so we'll both be looking for ideas. Thanks again and see you next Saturday.

Eric
BASE1360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #40

California
Registry
B12 just cancelled so if you'd like this spot call in now.
Hope you'll join us next year Sandy!

Tags
casita, rally