NC 2015, Oct 9-12: Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #29

Name: Herschel
Trailer: Casita
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance View Post
Can you give us a list of who is attending? I understand only 12 are signed up and a few have cancelled. Would like to see a list of attendance.
I ask this question back on 7/14 and got this answer (There will be for the registrants as we get closer to the rally, via email. Otherwise, we like to practice Internet privacy discretion.
We'd like to see your registration email! ) one reason they have so few I guess this is the only rally that I know of that practices this policy , o well to each there on .

Old 09-25-2015, 11:46 PM   #30

Name: aka Shorty
Trailer: Coach House - Class B
Any City USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
I ask this question back on 7/14 and got this answer (There will be for the registrants as we get closer to the rally, via email. Otherwise, we like to practicenternet privacy discretion.
We'd like to see your registration email! ) one reason they have so few I guess this is the only rally that I know of that practices this policy , o well to each there on .
Hi Bama, hope all is well. Don't know bout others, but I'm gonna be there... then I'm heading to Ocracroke (Spelling?), then onward to Smokemont, NC, then back to Rocket City. Hope to see you and others there as well, sounds like a good time will be had!

Best. Shorty sends...

Old 09-26-2015, 08:07 AM   #31

Name: Hidalga
Trailer: Modified 13' Scamp
Full-Timer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance View Post
Can you give us a list of who is attending? I understand only 12 are signed up and a few have cancelled. Would like to see a list of attendance.
This rally does not focus on a who's who list of attendees. We're focused on the unique location that egg-minded folks can gather and share two common interests: Fiberglass Trailers and the exploration of The Outer Banks. We even have a few people attending who are in the market or have ordered their trailer but have not received it yet.

We believe part of the excitement of this rally is to discover who will be there, and the primary purpose to go is to have a great time, regardless of what names are on a list.

We have more than the 12 trailers that you heard of, and bookings are continuing to come in. There has been no cancellations to-date. The only technical cancellations was a site change for the free campsite, and Bob and Cookie, the winners of the free campsite. They cancelled their reserved site to move on the sponsored free site.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:13 AM   #32

Full-Timer
OBX Beach Rules and Highlighted Activity

This rally has stringent Beach Rules:
1. Come out of your Shell
2. Avoid Pier pressure
3. Be Shore of Yourself
4. Don’t get Tide down
5. Go ahead and make Waves

We look forward to seeing you in Waves, NC!

This week’s highlighted activity is:

Hatteras Island Ocean Center

57204 NC Highway 12
Hatteras Village
(252) 564-9575

The Hatteras Island Ocean Center is a place for everybody to enjoy the ocean and wetlands, play, learn and have fun.

The Ocean Center provides a wide variety of recreational and educational activities for people of all ages. With plenty of parking and within walking distance of central Hatteras Village, the Ocean Center is a wonderful resource for visitors and residents, a destination for day-trippers, and a stopover for travelers to and from Ocracoke Island.

Please come view the exhibits, experience the wetlands and coastal forest, attend our programs and events, and use our ocean access.

The Ocean Center is a part of the Outer Banks National Scenic Byway, which stretches across North Carolina’s Bodie, Hatteras and Ocracoke islands, Down East and the Pamlico Sound.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:03 PM   #33

Name: Terry and Susan
Trailer: 17 ft 2015 Independence Casita
North Carolina
Pictures have been sent to us regarding the over wash. What is the condition of the campground? Read the highway was closed in parts due to over wash. Flounder in the parking lot. Bring your rod! Can we get a update of the conditions?
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 09-29-2015, 07:29 AM   #34

Any City USA
What the... Was this a recent event? I haven't seen anything in the news... Might have to bring the 4X4 with snorkel kit and boots!! Im sure it will all work out. Travel safe. Best. Shorty sends...
Old 09-29-2015, 05:06 PM   #35

Name: Terry and Susan
Trailer: 17 ft 2015 Independence Casita
North Carolina
If the cold front comes in later this week the tropical storm may stay off the coast. They have heavy equipment to move the over wash and sand off the road which happens during high tide in these stories. Just keeping a close watch of the conditions as time gets close.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:57 AM   #36

Full-Timer
Wonderful Weather Conditions

Yes, Terrance. Overwash is not that much of a concern this far from the rally, as the DOT is very good at keeping Outer Banks communities connected. Camp Hatteras Resort was unaffected by the recent over wash, as they sit a bit higher than the unprotected areas.

I've added a NC DOT link on our Website for your up-to-date reference on Route 12 road conditions.
Eggshells in The Outer Banks Fiberglass RV Rally

We're looking forward to the big waves and sunny skies after Hurricane Joaquin blows by this weekend. It'll be great for shelling and surfing!
Old 10-01-2015, 09:59 AM   #37

Any City USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
Yes, Terrance. Overwash is not that much of a concern this far from the rally, as the DOT is very good at keeping Outer Banks communities connected. Camp Hatteras Resort was unaffected by the recent over wash, as they sit a bit higher than the unprotected areas.

I've added a NC DOT link on our Website for your up-to-date reference on Route 12 road conditions.
Eggshells in The Outer Banks Fiberglass RV Rally

We're looking forward to the big waves and sunny skies after Hurricane Joaquin blows by this weekend. It'll be great for shelling and surfing!
Hey JP, any alternate plans to mitigate for "Joaquin?" I'm betting it will have passed by the rally date... Your thoughts... I'm still planning to travel that way...
Old 10-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #38

Full-Timer
Hey Shorty,
We're full steam ahead! Monday will be the day to assess anything, other than that, let mother nature's tea leaves fall where they may this weekend.

Stay true to course, and a stellar opportunity will appear...
Old 10-02-2015, 01:32 AM   #39

Any City USA
R. WILCO.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #40

Full-Timer
Current Conditions and the Last (but not least) Highlighted Activity

Weather Update: I’m planning to head out to Waves on Tuesday afternoon. If flooding or any other road conditions are a direct concern, We’ll inform registered participants via email. Otherwise, keep the wind in your sails and we’ll see you at Camp Hatteras Resort!

To help you plan a fun-packed weekend for Eggshells in The Outer Banks, we’re presenting a suggested activity each week until the rally. At the rally, we’ll also have suggested full itineraries. This week’s highlighted activity is:

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse

46379 NC Highway 12 and Lighthouse Road
Buxton, NC
(252) 995-4474

If any one thing represents all of Hatteras Island, it has to be the famous black-and-white, spiral-striped Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The lighthouse has become the icon of the island, representing the hopeful, stalwart, survivalist attitude that is so pervasive among the people of Hatteras. This is one of the most famous lighthouses in the nation, especially since it survived a controversial, precarious move in 1999. Now in the hands of the National Park Service, the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is open to the public.

Visitors 42” and taller can climb the spiral staircase up to the top of the lighthouse for an unforgettable view of the Atlantic Ocean, Cape Hatteras and Buxton. For the 2015 season, the climb costs $8 for adults and $4 for children 11 years of age and younger, seniors ages 62 and older, and those holding a National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Access Pass. The lighthouse is open from the third Friday in April through Columbus Day.

Lighthouse tours begin at 9 a.m. daily and run every 10 minutes with a limit of 30 visitors per tour. The last tickets of the day are sold at 4:40 p.m. This is a very popular attraction and no advance tickets are sold, so the best thing to do is to get there early (before noon) and visit the ticket booth to buy a ticket, which will state the time of your tour. The ticket booth opens at 8:15 a.m. Be sure to be at the gate five minutes before your tour time. A museum about lighthouses and the history of the Outer Banks is located inside the historic Double Keepers’ Quarters Building just across the lawn from the lighthouse. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

FYI: The Cape Hatteras Lighthouse in Cape Hatteras National Seashore, along with Wright Brothers National Memorial, are designated Federal Recreation Fee Areas. Eighty percent of the funds generated by park fees are used to improve visitor facilities within the Outer Banks Group. The remaining 20 percent support projects in other National Park Service areas.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:24 PM   #41

Any City USA
Posted Today, 06:20 PM
Well thanks to the VA, I am not able to depart today to OBX. My appointment for 12:45 CST was not called till 15:00! So by the time I got home it was to late to depart. I will depart at first light and first pot of coffee... You know I am very gratefull to the medical staff, but the administrative staff at the Birmingham facility could not find their butt with a road map, GPS and a flashlight!!! Best to all. Looking forward to seeing all in OBX. Best. Shorty sends.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:11 PM   #42

Full-Timer
Hope that pot of coffee is holding you up.
I just arrived in Rodanthe (town just North of Waves) and all is good. Sunny and totally passible. I'm about to email all participants more detailed road conditions for their route choice...