MI 2015, Sept 11-13: 4th Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2015, 05:36 PM   #41

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Just reserved our spot! We'll be in site #71, same as last year. We'll be arriving early Friday afternoon and heading out Sunday morning. I vote for Friday Hotdog Night. However, my wife is not a hot dog fan and will plan on something else to eat.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:45 PM   #42

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I was besmirched earlier in this thread as last year's wind jinx, however, RogerDat's awning was more smashed than ours. I think we know who the wind jinx actually was. Now that the hubby reserved a spot really close to him without consulting me, we will have to double-rope our new screenhouse to protect us from the real wind jinx !!!

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #43

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
I was besmirched earlier in this thread as last year's wind jinx, however, RogerDat's awning was more smashed than ours. I think we know who the wind jinx actually was. Now that the hubby reserved a spot really close to him without consulting me, we will have to double-rope our new screenhouse to protect us from the real wind jinx !!!

CindyL
Boy, Dat RogerDat is sumptin else!! You might want to rope Howie to Roger's car as a little 'guarantee' of safety.

I've been kind of busy this week at work and hadn't update the site map. I will do so tomorrow.

hmmm, Looks like it might become a 'doggone' good Friday meet and greet (and eat)
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:49 AM   #44

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I'm posting just so a new post will show. Hope that'll inspire others to plan to go.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:07 AM   #45

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
ALGONAC

Pam, I have a busy summer planned with two trips to the mainland. However, August and September are still open. I plan on heading south earlier this year and staying longer in 2016 so I have a few things to consider. There is still time, even if I show up on the motorcycle with a tent strapped on the pillion.
Good luck with the planning. I know it will be a great time, as usual.
Scouter Dave...
Old 05-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #46

Registry
Any number of FG Owners camping together is 'enough' for me!
I expect to have a wonderful time, and I'm sure that there are more members that are still finalizing their summer schedules so they can join us. One of my favorite rallies has a 35 camper limit. Just enough people to make it interesting, and small enough to keep it intimate and friendly.
Dave, we can find room for you somewhere!! Stop on by
Bob, I'm really looking forward to a tour of your new Escape!
Old 05-28-2015, 10:04 AM   #47

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The LeValleys are on site 121. See everyone in September!
Mike Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #48

Name: Sally & Marty
Trailer: EggCamper (EggBert)
Michigan
Registry
Moved to Ohio

Hi, All,
Looking forward to the Scramble. We will be heading north instead of east this time as we just moved to Ohio.

Which reminds me, Sally in MI, no longer fits. Any idea how I change my sign in user name?

Sally (& Marty)
Sally&Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:52 PM   #49

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally in MI View Post
Hi, All,
Looking forward to the Scramble. We will be heading north instead of east this time as we just moved to Ohio.

Which reminds me, Sally in MI, no longer fits. Any idea how I change my sign in user name?

Sally (& Marty)
Contact the Forum Admins to change your nickname. You can't do it from the Control Panel.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:32 PM   #50

Michigan
Registry
Thanks, Will do!
Old 05-31-2015, 11:17 AM   #51

Michigan
Registry
username change

Sally in MI is now Sally&Marty, two happy campers!
See you all in September at Algonac SP.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:04 PM   #52

Name: Mary Lou
Trailer: Casita 16' SD
Michigan
Message for John Post

Hi John
I'm the person in your neighborhood with the new Casita. I wanted to let you know I received your postcard welcoming me. As you see, I do know about FiberglassRV, but I hadn't looked at it in a couple of months.

The rally sounds interesting, but I probably won't be coming - I don't do well in large groups. But that's now. As the time approaches, if there are any sights still open, I might change my mind. My prerogative, you know.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:12 AM   #53

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
NOT SO LARGE

Mary Lou, it may look like a lot of people from the registrations but it has been my experience [from 2 Algonac rallies] that a large gathering never seems to materialize. The biggest is at the pot luck but folks are pretty much spread out and around. Same for the entertainments and campfires.
You can sit in as close as you like or set your chair down at the back. And, you always have the option to return to the warmth and comfort of the egg. If your door is closed, no one will bother you.
It is all very informal and friendly. You will be warmly welcomed and I can promise you that while you may arrive as a stranger you will depart as a friend. Scouter Dave
Old 06-09-2015, 04:28 AM   #54

Registry
Scouter Dave is completely correct. This rally doesn't really have any 'required' things to attend. If you want to stay home and eat on your own, don't worry about potluck evening at all. I've been known to wander away from the fireside chats to go home and read by myself
We are all just there to enjoy a weekend of relaxing camping, as well as the views of all our pretty white eggs together. And it is ultra cool to watch the freighters go by right at our back doors!
Old 06-09-2015, 06:59 PM   #55

Name: john
Trailer: Compact Junior
Michigan
Yes, you can have as much or as little interaction as you want. it's just fun to see all these little campers together.

And Algonac is a nice destination. Last year was my first time there. Not going to be able to make it this year as my wife wants to go on an Alaskan cruise that week.

But I'm already looking forward to 2016!
john madill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:37 PM   #56

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by john madill View Post
Yes, you can have as much or as little interaction as you want. it's just fun to see all these little campers together.

And Algonac is a nice destination. Last year was my first time there. Not going to be able to make it this year as my wife wants to go on an Alaskan cruise that week.

But I'm already looking forward to 2016!
John, Alaska sounds like a great trade off! That is one of the trips I'd like to take. If it was closer, you might have been able to convince the captain to take a little side trip past Algonac and give us a little toot and a wave as you float by
Old 06-25-2015, 05:11 AM   #57

Registry
Who has pie irons?
How about we have a pie iron feast around the Saturday night campfire?
Welcome to Pie Iron.com - home of the original Rome sandwich cooker
Easy To Make Pie Iron Recipes
Old 06-25-2015, 06:58 AM   #58

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We have at least 4 , maybe 6 we can bring. Sounds like a good idea!

Sent from my Z970 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Mike Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #59

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
We have some, not sure exactly how many. Some may have moved in with the kids. But pie iron pizza is yummy but not as yummy as pie!
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 04:34 AM   #60

Registry
I remember the pie iron apple pie, made with canned filling and wonder bread! .....always slightly burned, and WOW that filling was HOT!